4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia!
I don't mind a bit of pop music, and this three disc collection gathers some of the very best songs from the past thirty years, tracks known instantly by everyone. Whilst it would be nice for a bigger variety of music, some rock and britpop too even things out a bit, there is more than enough good material on these discs to merit four stars.

I don't think I...
Published 15 months ago by ReviewBlog51

Disc 1 has nothing but back to back classics with cheesy pop monoliths such as 'I Should Be So Lucky' and 'Never Gonna Give You Up' alongside dance tunes like the brooding 'Killer' and the fabulous 'Saturday Night'. Can't really fault this disc, i loved every song. 5/5

Published 14 months ago by Jonesy The Crypt Keeper

3.0 out of 5 stars Disc 1 is brilliant, the others are not so great but provide some decent tunes., 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: NOW That's What I Call 30 Years (Audio CD)

Disc 2 is quite feeble in comparison, i only liked 12 out of the 20 songs. You've got the horrendous Titanic theme 'My Heart Will Go On' alongside other feeble ballads such as 'No Matter What' and 'Bleeding Love' and *gulp* 'You Raise Me Up', a song so sugary that it makes you wonder why the album didn't come with a sick bucket included just for that one, solitary song. Dismal. But there are some decent tunes on here. 'Livin' La Vida Loca' is an absolute belter, 'Mambo No. 5' is an infectious tune, 'Oops!..I Did It Again!' is Britney at her most poptastic and catchy and 'Grace Kelly' is a joyous little sing if you can tolerate the ear puncturing falsetto in the chorus. But there's too many forgettable songs on here such as 'Just A Little', 'Push The Button' and 'Sound Of The Underground' alongside the aforementioned ballads. 3/5

Disc 3 is even worse with only 10 songs appealing to me. We get a trio of excellent songs that kick off this disc: 'Rolling In The Deep', 'Bad Romance' and 'In For The Kill'. But then we get a few uninspired duds such as 'OMG' and 'I Gotta Feeling'. One Direction, PSY, Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and Bastille provide the best tunes. It speaks volumes that the weakest disc is full of modern songs which indicates that modern pop music is really heading down the drain.

Nevertheless, it's worth the money if you don't mind wading through utter dross to find the gems on the later discs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia!, 30 May 2013
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NOW That's What I Call 30 Years (Audio CD)

I don't think I could give 'NOW That's What I Call 30 Years' five stars, but to give it a one star is ridiculous, as surely there are at least a handful songs on here that will be of everybody's taste. It could have been better, but it's still a good collection of some of the biggest hits from the past thirty years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of Past Hits, 17 Jun 2013
Excellent and quick to download with some of the best music from some of the best artist's over the last thirty years

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok-ish, 31 May 2013
This review is from: NOW That's What I Call 30 Years (Audio CD)
This triple cd is ok but there's too much modern stuff on it for my liking. There's no tunes from Blur or some of the other 90's bands on it. And what is Madonna doing on it. I thought her record company didn't like her being on these according to a tv programme I was watching the other night. It was a well known fact that she'd never appeared on a NOW compilation.
There's also not a lot of 80's stuff on there either, I think it should have had one disc of 80's, one disc of 90's and one disc of 2000 - 2012/13 on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing......., 5 Jun 2013
MH (California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NOW That's What I Call 30 Years (Audio CD)
I have know on what basis they choose these songs. Perhaps licensing, legal problems,popularity or stupidity but how could they leave out Oasis, Blur
Duran Duran, Culture Club, Spandau Ballet, Adam & Ants, George Michael even The Artic Monkeys. I would have a hard time picking songs but all the bands I mentioned were crucial during certain era's of Britpop, New Wave/New Romantic, and Pop and Rock. Just my opinion and thoughts. But seriously no Oasis???

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal gift..., 30 May 2013
This review is from: NOW That's What I Call 30 Years (Audio CD)
Ideal gift recommended for any NOW music fans. Bought this product for my partner for his birthday and upon arrival he put it on and texted me to tell me its full of camp tunes and great songs from the decades. Fast next day delivery and one happy partner... A+ rating highly recommended as gift or personal item

5.0 out of 5 stars brill cd, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: NOW That's What I Call 30 Years (Audio CD)
Really enjoyed listening to it as normally when you buy cd like this you always get some rubbish records on it. Disc1 and 2 were very good but the third on not so good. I would recommend it to friends and family. Value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tracks, 3 Jun 2013
Adam "A friendly bloke who likes to listen to... (DROITWICH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Good value at just 4.
Nice range of tracks. Good for the gym!
I like how the era's are separated out on the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Jun 2013
I loved this product with a wide range of songs on it for a very decent price for 60 songs. I would recommend it to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent mix of tracks, but it's all been done before, 2 Jun 2013
Katie85 (Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NOW That's What I Call 30 Years (Audio CD)
There is a decent mix of tracks on here from the last 30 years, but if you have already got plenty of these Now collections, you will not find anything you can't get from any other CD. Indeed, I already have Now Decades from the 20th anniversary and the 25 Years editions somewhere and there are so many similarities when it comes to the older tracks. I get the impression this CD was designed to appeal to those new to Now or to those who don't buy many compilation CDs or to those who will buy anything with the Now logo on it. This was a gift, otherwise I would have thought twice about buying it for myself.

There are no bad tracks on here (or if there are, at least you can say you recognise them all), but the compilation market has already been heavily saturated with these types of CDs and this is a good example of showing how none of them have anything original about them anymore. It gets a four star rating for the music choices on here, but if you already collect the Now CDs, you will most likely have most of the tracks on this CD somewhere amongst your collection.

NOW That's What I Call 30 Years
NOW That's What I Call 30 Years by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)