5.0 out of 5 stars Educational, Easy Read, Excellent
Published on 11 Nov 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars Well Done!!!
This book is good. I am 14 am VERY picky when it comes to books. So, my pretty good is most people's very good. I think it is pretty good. It is a guick read. I do, however really recomend The Fifth Of March more, but this book is nice
Published on 11 Dec 1998

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational, Easy Read, Excellent, 11 Nov 1997
By A Customer
I am a 13 year old who read this book because I was very interested in the Salem Witch Trials. I am a very picky reader and I consider it one of the best books I have ever read. It had a lot of educational information about the trials but at the same time it was not at all boring. At no point in this book did I feel that it was dragging on. This book I could not put down and spent an entire day reading it. I encourage this book to all young adults. Ann Rinaldi is an excellent author and has a real talent for writing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I ever read, 8 July 1997
By A Customer
I really enjoyed this book. After doing a report on the Salem Witch Trails I learned stuff I never knew before from reading this book. It gave me a better outlook on this subject and would of helped me on my report. It was a very quick and fun read for me and I would sujjest this book to anyone who enjoys Ann Rinaldi's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Remember This Book Well, 16 Feb 1998
By A Customer
Though it's been a long time since I have read this book I remember getting it early in the morning and reading it all afternoon. I finished it later that day. It was one of those kinds of books where you just can't put it down! It's about Susanna English, a girl who really isn't that Puritan as the others, but a daughter of merchant. Susanna English finds out the secrets of the girls and is horrified when her mother is accused of being a witch.Highly recomended. Don't be mistaken, though it deals with witches it is not scary.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT book, recommended for anyone over 10!!!, 12 May 1998
By A Customer
Ann Rinaldi is a GREAT author who writes graphically and that helps you to understand it. This book was a pleasure to read and if only I had read it before I did my report on The Salem Witch Trials, I would've understanded it better (I GOT AN A though!!) SHE DESERVES AN AWARD FOR THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is Awesome., 20 July 1999
By A Customer
This book is a must read for all people who like historical fiction. The history taught in the book is wonderful and the fictional storyline keeps you on the edge of your seat!! Awesome book Ms. Rinaldi!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book!, 14 April 1999
By A Customer
I loved this book! It was so interesting that I couldn't put it down. I looked up some stuff on the Salem Witch Trials and it has a lot of truth in it! This is definetely my favorite book now!

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought this was a GREAT book!!!!, 30 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I thought this was a wonderful book that was very intriguing! I couldn't put this book down, and I have re-read it several times. One time is never enough with this one! Ann Rinaldi is one of my favorite authors and this is another great creation from Ms. Rinaldi! I really liked it because I felt I was right there in Salem during the trials. I could also paint a picture in my mind as she would describe the book. I would definately suggest this book to anyone. Regardless if they were a history-lover or not!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Break with Charity, the Salem Witch trials, 9 Jan 2005
M. Joan Mclean "Joan Mclean" (Aberlour, Banffshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I had never heard of the Salem witch trials before. I was looking up the name of our cat ( Salem ) to see where it came from and discoverd the story behind the Witches. I was looking for a book to read as I had run out of books from my favourite authors and discoverd "a break with Charity".
I could not put this book down, the author had me gripped right from the start, the way she wrote was the way you imagined that they spoke way back in the 1600's but it wasn't boring like so many other books. I can't wait to read more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Ann Rinaldi's finest!!!!, 25 July 1999
By A Customer
This book picks you up and carries you through an incredible chapter of American history. It's fast-paced, dramatic, vivid, and alltogether fantastic! I loooove it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific piece of literature!, 29 Aug 1999
By A Customer
The author knows her history regarding the Salem Witch Trials. She does a great job combining the actual events with fiction. A must for anyone interested in that event in our nation's history.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›