5.0 out of 5 stars A great read
Published 13 months ago by Gerard Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Every Inch of the Way
The title, Every Inch of the Way, comes from Tom Bruce’s self imposed rule for his trip. He had to ride every inch of land from sea to sea across each land mass. (Obviously oceans and seas required assistance.) There are several things I hope to get from a book of this type; the sense of adventure, a feel for the logistics of such a trip, and both the highs and...
Published 9 months ago by BigAl

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Every Inch of the Way; My Bike Ride Around the World (Kindle Edition)
Tom I absolutely loved this book, I am planning to do my own world cycle in 2015 and this book has only increased my determination. This book captures all of the excitement, challenges, hardships and fun that a journey like this can offer. I congratulate you on completing your challenge and sharing this amazing story with us. I am sure I will refer back to it quite a lot whilst planning my own trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delightful read, 11 Jun 2013
A friend recommended I got this book and I was was not disappointed. It is an honest account of a true adventure written in a very unpretentious but compelling manner. It's a story told in his own words and gives an interesting and amusing insight into what it must be like to circumnavigate the world by bike. Now I don't know much about cycling but I know a thing or two about books and I can't recommend it enough for anybody interested in armchair adventures or those wishing to embark on a cycle tour. Well done Tom Bruce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating - around the world in an armchair., 13 Jun 2013
Fascinating read even for a non-cyclist. Tom Bruce has captured the spirit of all the places he visited and and put them on the map for everyone to enjoy. We get all the excitement without leaving the comfort of our own home. I might even take up cycling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired me to set out on my own bike trip!, 16 Oct 2013
Tom's story is one of adventure and he shares with us a journey that many of us dream of doing. He brings to life the many cultures he experienced along the way and shares insights into the highs and lows being on the road day in day out. Often funny, particularly the contributions from Tom's travelling companions, but also thought provoking, I found this an enjoyable read.

If you dream of far off lands this book is for you. It was part of the inspiration that made me start out on my own bike trip - need I say more!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book itself has a great balance when it comes to describing the journey, 14 Nov 2014
Even before starting the book, there is something to admire about the endeavour and courage of an individual that embarks on this sort of trip. I have read a few books about RTW cycling, and I found myself just as captivated reading Tom's story as I have done previously. The book itself has a great balance when it comes to describing the journey, discussing everything from social and political themes to specific cycling jargon - there seems to be a little something for everyone in this story. The most infectious aspect of this book is Tom's exploration into the unknown, something we're all intrigued by but rarely have the character to explore, unlike Tom. I highly recommend this book to anybody who is considering going travelling, whether it be on bike or not, this book can serve as a great guide in how to approach and embrace a new destination, culture and lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating., 16 Nov 2013
I'm sure I will never do a journey like this,however I felt I was on the journey reading this book. This is the best cycling adventure book that I have read.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good reading,, 13 Nov 2013
like I have said it is a very good book, never boring,well balanced between adventure and cycling journey.
along the pages we can see the differences and similarity from countries to countries.congratulation Tom
well done.also the paper is good quality and white ,,you think it is not important but as far as I concern it is easier to read ,I have bought book with yellow pages and sometime the letters are so small you need a magnificent to read it ,but Tom book are great quality .

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and inspiring read, 9 Sep 2013
Although I got annoyed with carrying more than a small backpack when I go cycling , this made me want to dig out some panniers and set out on an epic adventure. The narrative trips along nicely and the author comes across as a very modest rather than constantly trying to prove how 'extreme' he is , which is a failing of a lot of similar travelogues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Inch a good read, 3 Sep 2014
As a fan of cycling books, I was keen to read this book when I found it in the Kindle bookstore. Tom was not setting out to break a round the world record, he was doing it for the challenge. As a result, this is a very leisurely and easy to digest read. Tom mixes observations on where he is and reflects on what he's thinking in the right measure: it's extremely accessible.

It's also a very uplifting book. Despite the odd spat with some people along the way, it was heartening to read of the number of times when he (and his companion) were offered free hospitality and food. Makes you realise that being alive is a very positive experience. Do read this book. I have no hesitation in awarding it five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired!, 11 Nov 2014
This is the first time I have read a book of this sort, and I wasn't disappointed. Was recommended to me by someone I work with and bike alongside, on challenges around the country. Although not to the extent of a challenge around the world, we were still able to relate to thoughts and such throughout, finding myself agreeing and laughing at many of them. Having read this book it's definitely inspired me to get out more and extend our challenges worldwide rather than the UK. I thank Tom for sharing this experience and hope to one day have an adventure as special as yours.