5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great read

Published 6 months ago by sarah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great read, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
I first read WITW about sixty years ago and found it most enjoyable. I believed in Mole, Ratty, Toad and Badger and it was only after my second or third outing to the River that I realized that KG had written an allegorical tale of life. The characters being reflections of life and people in general. Naive Mole, the laid back, care free Rat, cocky Toad who thought that because he had money he could get away with anything and that the rules don't apply to him. Then there is Badger, the seemingly aloof, keep away from me type but who would always be there if you needed help either physically or with advice. In the end they all came together to get rid of the common 'enemy' The Wild Wooders. Perhaps this is what we should be doing to solve problems and troubles. Over the years I have read this tale many times, although I having for some time until now and enjoy it more each time.
Long live the Riverbankers even if it is only in our hearts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic tale, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
I read this book at school when I was 9 years old. I am now 56 years old,and decided to revisit this book. I am very glad that I did. This is a timeless tale for young and old a like. A tale of old fashion values and friendship.Whilst reading this book, I kept recalling the clay animation series that was on television. Long may Rat,Mole,Badger and Toad weave their magic spell over young and old alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the all-time great children's books, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the all-time great children's books, which I have read for the first time after over sixty years. The underlying moral message of improving Toad's character is the main theme of the story and is cleverly written, using Mole and Rat to improve his errant ways and Badger as a wise mentor to all the animals. It is unlikely that this book will ever lose its popularity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - I love it!, 29 May 2014
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
This is possibly the best children's book I have ever had the fortune to read. The characters are fabulous and I have read this book countless times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a Favourite, 14 Mar. 2014
Helen D. Smart "Helen" (Burton upon Trent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
So glad to get one of my favourites on my Kindle. You never know when you might want toturn to Ratty and Mole and Badger and the ever foolish Toad

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality story for all ages, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
Just a perfect book, reminds me of being able to watch the animated claymation version done back in the 80's....superb

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wind in the Willows, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
Superb book takes me back to my childhood.
A must for all children of any age young or old to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting book, 23 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
I read this book as a child at school and did not understand how lovely it was. The teachings of life being kind and thoughtful to others. Always making time for friends and sharing with those less fortunate than ourselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Wind in the Willows, 15 Jan. 2015
Children's book.
I had this read to me as a child, had book on tape and children's video. Thought I would re-read and found it enjoyable to reminisce over these memorable characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley brilliant i read this when very young and enjoyed it ..., 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Wind in the Willows (Kindle Edition)
Absolutley brilliant i read this when very young and enjoyed it then as i did this time recommend it to any age that enjoys reading ut ashamed he didn't write anymore

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›