4.4 out of 5 stars1,064
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 10 August 2015
A really good film that stands up both on it's own and within the Marvel universe.
on 8 April 2015
Excellent film - glad we bought both Thor films as we watched them 'back-to-back'!
on 30 March 2015
Great film plenty of action and he manages to get his girl friend back in the end
on 30 August 2014
Wonderful entertainment. I think it was probably better than the first Thor film.
on 7 March 2014
another great addition to the growing marvel catalogue, follows on from the events in avengers assemble, loki has been captured and jailed but a new force, dark elves, have other ideas and want revenge for past defeats by odin`s father and they attack , monumental battles ensue and of course earth is in the way, some great scenes shot in greenwich by the maritime museum (not far from me) and the sight of thor straphanging on the london underground is quite funny , must admit i did`nt see stan lee in his usual cameo appearance but there is so much going on sometimes i may have missed him , i will have to check again
on 22 April 2015
This film is... fine. Especially any scene featuring Tom Hiddleston's Loki. Chris Hemsworth is a great Thor too but the rest is a little nonsensical.

Why are the Dark Elves so bent on dark worlding everything? Apparently Malaketh's tragic backstory was cut.

The moments of levity are good too, my personal favourite is Thor hanging his hammer on a coat rack, subject of much discussion on the internet. How does the hammer know that the coat rack is not trying to wield the power of Thor!

I've seen this three times now and I enjoyed it most on the third viewing. No idea what that means!
review image
on 19 December 2014
A bit 'hammy' but a fun film with plenty of humour. I enjoyed this film a lot.
on 29 March 2014
When the sequel to Thor came out in cinemas, I decided to skip it as I thought the first film was pretty average and from what I'd heard about the sequel after it's release I was put off it for a while. However I eventually decide to it a shot.

Tom Hiddleston does another great job as Loki and once again steals the show from everyone like he did in the first film. Unfortunately, the other characters are still very bland and the additions don't stand out either. The relationship between Thor and Jane Foster is still unconvincing despite Natalie Portman's caliber as an actress.
on 17 February 2015
The special effects are good, it's a great way to spend a couple of hours.
on 18 January 2015
If you like all the Marvel films, you will not be disappointed with this one