4.4 out of 5 stars1,063
Format: DVD|Change

on 16 March 2014
Amazing film,great extras,worth every penny,especially the gag reel and deleted scenes! Loki and Thor are incredible in this witty,emotional roller coaster of a film
on 5 May 2016
The films just yet another stepping stone for Avengers. Its an ok film to watch but I always judge my films on..."would I watch it again?" For this one? No.
on 7 November 2013
When "Thor" was released a few years ago I wasn't that concerned about seeing it - as a kid Thor was never amongst my top Marvel titles. But I went to see it anyway, just really to "complete the set" of films seen.

I was massively surprised by how good Thor was - so obviously went to see The Dark World on it's UK release date.

Whilst I didn't think this sequel was as good, it's still a very fine Marvel film!

The scenes on Asgard are, at times, breathtaking - particularly when the Dark Elves begin their assault.

Yes, the first 30-45 minutes are very slow - almost boring at times - but after that the films flies from exotic location to exotic location (including London obviously!) and things really pick up towards the final battle scenes.

Jane Foster is, again,a fairly weak link - but essential to the plot.

And I was particulary happy to see Heimdell feature more prominently this time - he has an awesome scene when the Dark Elves first attack and he takes down one of their ships single handed.

All in all pretty good acting, good special effects and some heroes to cheer for and some baddies to boo - it's a Marvel film after all - it does what it says on the tin and it does it pretty well. Whilst maybe not one of the best it still more than deserves it's place in the Marvel blu-ray collection...which is exactly where it will be heading when it's released!
'nuff said.
on 17 April 2014
This film was enjoyed by my son who has a growing collection of movies, the Blu ray features help to enhance the entertainment.
Good price.
Fast delevery
on 16 January 2015
good film plenty of good action ,and with thors treacherous brother their is always going to be arguments between brothers, and plenty of hate, good film though.
on 20 May 2014
Very pleased with the process and delivery was good, as this was a gift for my brothers birthday I have no idea on how it played but I believe is all OK. Thanks.
on 14 March 2014
Thor from a different perspective giving more insight into his and his family background. When watching this DVD don't miss the two snippets at end of the credits
on 5 April 2014
Wow definitely lived up to the hype and expectations. Highly recommended. No spoiler alert here just watch it and judge for yourself you won't be disappointed .
on 30 May 2014
Now, I enjoyed this film, although I hadn't seen the previous one. My husband didn't think it so good... but then I think hes green with envy as I goggle Thor!
on 17 March 2014
It was a good film, the storyline was very basic - you could see where it was going very early on. But the special effects were very good and on the whole: ok.