4.0 out of 5 stars Tough built
Published 8 months ago by Ohmy_cz

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Base Beware!!
Published 6 days ago by ViArt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough built, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Manfrotto MVM500A Aluminum Fluid Monopod with 500 Head (Accessory)
This monopod is really nice, although in my opinion it's clearly overpriced. It seems sturdy enough though. You will have to "lube the ball" :-D on the bottom, otherwise it will make crackling noise that travels through the entire monopod; it also prevents from a smooth camera pan (which is why I bought this monopod in the first place). Besides, this little annoyance causes horrible noises in any attached mic. So be prepared to buy a WD40; then all will be good and dandy. Strangely, there's a 3/8 screw mount on the side (why not 1/4?), but finding an adaptor is easy and it's cheap, so no real trouble there. I've ordered a "magic arm" to hold an LCD monitor. The monopod feels a bit too heavy if you want to "run and gun"; after 6 hours of strolling around Malmö my hands were sore. The bottom retraceable feet are helping a bit, but I find it hard to retrace to the upright position, as you need to drag a strong spring-loaded latch at every one of them and push at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and Service, 6 May 2014
This is an amazing product, I've tried countless tripods and the monopod exceeded all expectations. After working out instructions it really is quite simple to set up. Amazing for pans and tilts, perfect both amateur and pro film-makers. Arrived very fast in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best monopod I have used, 15 Jun. 2014
Amazing video monopod! This has now been used on 3 or 4 video productions and I havnt been let down yet.

My only issue is finding the alen key to loosen the foot to a desirable level was tricky it would have been nice if it was provided. But once I found one adjusting the foot allows to to create more versatile shots than ever possible with your standard tripod.

Note: it's not a tripod replacement but as a second camera nominating option amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 16 Jan. 2015
S. Mitchell - See all my reviews
This is an excellent product which will have a number of uses. Firstly as a quality monopod for general use - and with the supplied video head as a mobile support for videographers. But please note that combined with the video head it is fairly heavy to carry around for long periods. It will be useful mostly for indoor use, as I wouldn't like to get the mechanism of the folding base wet or muddy. But for wedding photographers and those who take pictures or video unsupported by an assistant, then it is a near essential product. Certainly nothing does it better.
Elsewhere: the delivery was very speedy, the packaging was fine and the quality of the product lives up to my expectation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic Base Beware!!, 26 Mar. 2015
Have now purchased 2 of these in the last few months and have had to return both due to design fault! I'm a professional Videographer and use these constantly. The problem is the base which for some reason is now make of plastic (I have the older version B561 which was great and the base was made of Steel and lasted 3 years which was great) and if you apply too much pressure it breaks! plastic and Steel do not go especially in this set up. (I certainly not hard on my equipment) It may be ok if you don't use a lot and the head I found better than the original.
I have now ordered a new one (not manfotto) and is all made of Steel and certainly seems a lot stronger.

4.0 out of 5 stars I still need more practice to get better but I'm impressed so far, 19 Dec. 2014
Im going to join the merry band of groupies who rate this product. I used it at a recent dance and was able to track performers well in a smooth action. Compared to my previous attempts with a normal tripod. I still need more practice to get better but I'm impressed so far. It is expensive for what it is, but I've been caught out in the past trying to save a few pounds and then ending up regretting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this monopod, 12 Jan. 2015
I love this monopod, it is the best monopod that i have,
the head is the best part of this monopod.
smooth tilting, Excellent build quality,
make sure that you want to buy a monopod if you are going to use that all the time.
i rarely use monopod in my production.

5.0 out of 5 stars Killed product, 12 Feb. 2015
The best monopod on the market for the price.
Especially amazing for video.

It's insanely well built, very solid, but is also relatively heavy.
If a carbon fiber version existed, that might take the cake, but for this price, you cannot go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Nov. 2014
It is a must have if you are a wedding videographer

4.0 out of 5 stars Manfrotto MVM500A Aluminium Fluid Monopod, 5 Mar. 2014
I am extremely pleased with the Manfrotto MVM500A, the panning and tilting is very smooth and I can get very smooth shots with my dslr. The price is a bit high in my opinion, but it is a top-notch product from manfrotto so you pay for quality.

It is a pity that the head does not pan (the panning in the monopod happens in the fluid cartridge at the bottom), meaning when you want to use the head on a slider, you won't be able to pan with it. So it's quite useless in that case.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›