5.0 out of 5 stars PSBs revisit their disco roots with attitude
In which we find the boys making their most musically consistent album for quite a while. Not that Yes and Elysium were bad (brilliant uptempo and downtempo bedmates, in my view), but Electric delivers what it promises in the title - upfront electronic dance music. If this album has antecedents, it is Disco vol. 1 or Relentless, not Very, Please or Actually. It is...
Published 9 months ago by Kraftwerker

3.0 out of 5 stars new album
The great new album from the pet shop boys. Probably the best way to get the latest hits from this legendary duo. Is it the best album they've ever done? Personally, I'm not so sure. Worth the money? Always worth the money in my view. Enjoy!
Published 12 months ago by thincontroller

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars DANCE MUSIC, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
I THINK THIS TIME THE PET SHOP BOYS MADE CD ON THE DANCE FLOOR.VERY GOOD TRACKS AND RYTHYM.BRAVO NEIL AND CHRIS!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
was not sure about this album at first but on hearing it all through i love it. did not take to long to come considering not in uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
Pet Shop Boys at their best. I would highly recommend this CD. The tracks are what you could expect to hear at a night club but with the Pet Shop Boys twist, great listening, I am thrashing it to death and hope I don't wear it out! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Album, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
A return to form with this excellent slice of electronic pop. The Pet Shop boys show that they still have a lot to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 26 Jan 2014
Mrs. J. M. Cross "madmerlot" (south wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
Bought for my eldest daughter Xmas time she's a big pet shop boys fan I haven't heard it but she says its excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars electic live up to its name, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
this is a great album if you like the pet shop boys older stuff this is right up with there best i d recommend this all ages

5.0 out of 5 stars Another PSB Disco album under another name, 29 Dec 2013
dazkg (Chesterfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
The opening track Axis (which I think should had been called Electric), sets the tone for the album.. a full on tour de force of dance tunes. Electric is a great album and features some of the best PSB dance tracks for years (Thursday, Vocal, Axis). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banging tunes, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
I like the people, I like the song, this is my kind of music, they play it all night long.

The first time I heard Vocal, I couldn't believe it was PSB, it's an epic tune. I am gutted I haven't been able to get to a show this year, just for that, all those lasers. I was filled with utter green envy watching that crowd go bananas on the concert they did in Buenos Aires almost at the beginning of the Electric Tour.

I have been a fan for a long time, because they have been around for a long time, and I feel I have learnt alot through their influences, in art, history, social observations etc... but I think Electric is almost devoid of it's need to get deep, like another review on here, it's less about the lyrical content, the story and more about the energy and excitement. It feels more like a Chris Lowe project than a Neil Tennant one for sure, but the lyrics are still exceptional on some tracks.

I don't know what anyone else thought when they announced they were doing a Bruce Springsteen song, but I thought 'oh dear' but it is gorgeous, I have even found myself listening to the original, and I never thought I would do that! Electric has had comparisons to Introspective, but I feel it's more like Please, and I am enjoying it immensely, i'm probably going to go deaf from the volume, shame you can't really drive with lasers in the car.

With every artist, you cannot please everyone all the time and as a fan you can't like everything that is released. I can't bear 'Before' and they released that as a single over 'It always comes as a suprise' which is honestly beautiful and of it's time.

Anyway, Electric is exciting and the first of 3 albums they are doing with Stuart Price I read, if this is what they are starting with, then I will be intrigued and excited to see where they go next.

Also I hope they do some more shows next year, i'm not yet fully fulfilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars PET SHOP BOYS-ELECTRIC ALBUM, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
Brilliant CD. Love the Pet Shop Boys.
Have seen them in concert a few times and at the last concert
they played some songs of this new album and had to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 22 Nov 2013
J Griffiths "janetgyellow" (UK - Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Electric (Audio CD)
Absolutely brilliant album, saw the show at the O2 earlier this year, back to their original music, only one track I need to skip, love it :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

Electric
Electric by Pet Shop Boys (Audio CD - 2013)