1,419
Style Name: Keyboard and Mouse|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 January 2014
For the price, its a great purchase.

The keyboard is welll spaced, and not cramped - nice and easy to type on, and very responsive.
The mouse is a decent, responsive optical mouse.

Both are paired already to the Unifying USB reciever, as expected, and you can always unify it to another one if you've already got one plugged into you PC, using the Unifying software available on Logitechs website.

Do remember, it will only unifiy to ONE receiver at a time. So if you want to use this on multiple computers/smart tvs etc you will need to take the Reciever out of whichever computer its in, and put it in the other thing you want to use the keyboard and mouse for. It's kind of obvious for security reasons that it is this way, but I thought it might be possible to unify them to two separate recievers and then just carry them between one and the other.

Anyways, the items are such good value for money, i've simply bought a second set (one for my smart tv - Samsung 6800) and one for my pc.

On that note, they are perfect for smart Tvs - the mouse and the keyboard both work off one reciever, meaning you only occupy one USB port on the TV instead of two. The TV recognised the Keyboard and mouse via the USB reciever immediately, and they both worked flawlessly. A great purchase for Smart Tv users.

The only downside i have to say is a personal one, and it is simply that i am used to working with a laser mouse - the Logitech MX1000, which ive had for over 8 years. It has never once broken, or failed, and is so responsive, you can use your face as the mouse mat, and it will work flawlessly. This mouse supplied is an optical mouse, and therefore does require a flat surface. On reflection of this, i might invest in a laser mouse for use with the smart TV, as its alot easier to simply pop the mouse on the sofa and get on with it, than to have to stick to a mouse mat or something flat nearby. But thats a very minor point.

All in all, great keyboard and mosue for the money.
on 6 July 2013
This is a very inexpensive pair and as the adage says "you get what you pay for" -Franky I think you are actually getting a good value for you money. Nothing is perfect and yes this mouse could use some work - but this pair is as close to perfect for the price as you can get.

I have always been a sucker for Logitech products, but it was a little difficult for me to give up my solar powered Key board to try a combo like this. However, I did want to save a port for something else so I thought I would try this. I figured that since I was coming down in price I would also be coming down in quality. However, that isn't so. This keyboard is as actually easier for me to type on. The keys are a tiny bit stiffer (harder to press) than the sol oar powered keyboard and that makes this a bit more comfortable . The clacking of the keys is also quieter. I love the fact that when I accidentally hit the Caps lock key a green light lights up and from the corner of my eye I can see that I'd better fix it.

This was a dream to set up especially since I was already using a product that was using the unifying software. I love the concept of one port/six devices! No batteries to add like my old ones, they are already installed, so that makes this product an even bigger value than it is already. It has the usual hot keys, which doesn't matter to me since I rarely use them.

The reason why I wanted to use this was that the mouse I had been using used its own port; it was a little too big for my hand and just did not fit my palm very well. It is also heavier than the old M305 I was using. However, it wasn't until I tried the mouse that comes with the MK270 on a game I love, that I realized that there was going to be a problem. The mouse slides a little too fast so that if you need to keep your arrow on something constantly, if you aren't very careful, this mouse will slide right off without the slighted provocation. It can make it a little difficult to line up your arrow and keep it where you need it. Being able to feel in control of my mouse is important to me. It may be that I need a new mouse pad, but I doubt it, as I had no problem with my other one. It's too bad because I really did like the idea of one receiver controlling both items.

If it wasn't for the mouse issue - this would have been a solid 5 star product for the fact that it is so economical and convenient, easy to set up and made with the usual Logitech care.
88 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2013
How easy was this to set up? Well, I thought it can't be as simple as the instructions set out but I plugged in the dongle and pulled out the battery protectors and everything burst into life! No software - no problems - well done Logitech!
33 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2015
I had a lot of trouble with this kit. The wireless supplied seemed to interfere with the main wireless adapter in my desktop causing the network connection to drop frequently. Also the keyboard or mouse froze frequently. I consigned it to the bin and went back to a wired mouse and keyboard and my problems disappeared.
on 29 April 2016
I like this keyboard and mouse, the fact that the batteries last a very long time is great. I like the features like the pause and quick access buttons. However, it fails completely at working. First of all often when you type nothing comes on screen or it takes a minute or so. So I contacted Logitech to see if they could fix it or exchange it. They offered me a program that despite being very complicated resolved this keyboard issue albeit never have I had to manual connect the keyboard and mouse to the receiver because it should work out of the box. Since March (this year) it has been sitting on my desk, it has not moved from my desk and then it broke. The right back stand which hold the rear of the keyboard up snapped right off. It is completely impossible to type when the keyboard is flat since it hurts you wrists and hands after a while. So in four months not only have I had to configure the keyboard and mouse would the receiver could pick up what I type. It has also broken, now using folded paper and some tape I can get at in the right position. Still really do I have to do all of that for a keyboard and mouse that is less than four months old. I want to send this back but amazon won't accept it or offer a replacement. This is the worst keyboard I have ever used and I wish I never brought it. I will now have to buy a new one not made by Logitech!
Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 with Keyboard and Mouse. I have recently purchased and begun using this wireless keyboard/mouse computer accessory. I found it reasonably priced, easy to install – even for me, without that much computer knowledge. And so far it has been reliable: its makers state that it has a robust 2.4 GHz long-range—10 meter range -- wireless connection, and a tiny Logitech nano-receiver that connects both the keyboard and mouse using just one USB port, and that is so small it can remain installed in a laptop. This makes for an all-in-one setup. They also promise long battery life: that the user should be able to get up to 24 months of keyboard power from the 2 AAA batteries provided, and 12 months of mouse power from the single AA battery provided, without having to change them. The keyboard and mouse are equipped with auto-sleep and on/off switches to conserve batteries. Its sleek full-size keyboard has quiet, low-profile keys, with eight hot keys, so the user can quickly access movies, music, the Internet, e-mail, volume, play/pause and more. Its 128-bit AES keyboard encryption will keep your information secure, if you need that. The long-range enabled mouse, so portable you can pack it with your laptop and take it wherever, with receiver storage, and quick scroll wheel, is ergonomically contoured for comfortable use. Further, the makers promise plug and play simplicity for Windows PCs: this item works right out of the box with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8. No software installation required. The item comes with a three-year limited hardware warranty.

I strongly prefer wireless keyboard/mouse combinations as my work space is cramped: this is the second or third wireless set I’ve bought, and I find it every bit as good as its predecessors, considering how reasonably priced it is. However, I do wish it had come with an instruction booklet: if something isn’t working right, you can’t always go on line to check it out. Because I have had one problem with it. There is a little A on the cap lock key, and when it is on, a little A lights up on a switch elsewhere on the board. One night as I was logging off after using the caps lock, I thought I’d better turn off the on/off switch by the little A so that I did not, at my next use, find myself in all caps. So I turned off that switch. Next day, couldn’t start the machine for love nor money, and the problem was in the keyboard/mouse. Didn’t think the batteries could have run out so soon, but I tried changing them, several times. Nothing worked. Then I remembered that little A switch, and turned it back on. Problem solved. But I needed an instruction booklet. Now, you could easily be a more knowledgeable, experienced user than I am, and know what that little A is all about, lucky you. To the rest of us, beware that little A if you buy this item.
on 9 March 2016
If you're looking for a cable-free keyboard and mouse, you should seriously consider this. It is standard black and grey, but performs superbly and doesn't take up more space than necessary. It even comes with batteries, 2x AAA for the keyboard and 1x AA for the mouse.
on 8 October 2013
This is a cheap set, and that fact shows up in some areas. The keyboard is a little 'flexible' in the middle if you use the feet, and the mouse battery cover was so loose I had to slip a piece of cardboard in there to keep it in place.

However, they keyboard has a very nice feel, is quiet, and is the first wireless keyboard I've used that has a light for the caps lock indicator. Layout is spot on with everything in the right place. The top row of special keys for volume etc. are really handy.

The mouse is a quite small, so you might struggle if you have sausage fingers. Interestingly, the LED glow from the mouse is not visible, so I presume it must be some kind of more reliable laser or other tracking technology - I've certainly not had any problems on any surface.

I like the physical on/off buttons on the mouse and keyboard.

Considering a unifying receiver on its own costs about a tenner, getting a mouse and keyboard at this price is excellent value.

I might get a larger mouse for extend daily use at the desk, and use the supplied mouse for mobile use. The unifying receiver allows this kind of flexibility and is the best thing about the set.

UPDATE: after about week of use, I've decided the supplied mouse is indeed too small for extensive daily use. I'm starting to get tense and tired wrists, and my hands aren't particularly large. I've just ordered the M510 mouse which is significantly bigger for daily use, and will use the supplied mouse for occasional mobile use. The original 4 star review still stands, but I wish Logitech would make clear how big their mice are, as this is a very important factor for something used so extensively.
on 4 May 2016
Someone recommended this to me and he was absolutely right. Everything you need are in the kit. The batteries are already fitted inside the keyboard and mouse, so no fuss. The batteries are the standard ones when they do need to be replaced it's super easy. I'm not great with technology but this was easy as pie. They are wireless keyboard and mouse. You literally pull out the tabs which connect the batteries on the keyboard and mouse. Make sure the keyboard and mouse are switched to 'on'. Plug the USB connector thing into a USB port on your computer. Go to the Logitech website (the full website address is given n the package but I just googled 'logitech' because I am lazy - click a couple of buttons (as suggested on the screen) and it is up and running in a minute or two. Just remember to switch the keyboard and mouse to 'off' when you are not using the computer to preserve your batteries. The set comes WITH batteries - so this is great - and the big advantage is that you can run both keyboard AND mouse from ONE USB port - and I am told that you can connect several bits of kit from the same connection - buy heyho I just want a mouse and keyboard lol. I'm very, very happy!
on 29 October 2015
A lot of people will say "you get what you paid for with this product. I agree but disagree. I paid for a quality logitec product, and this really doesn't fit the bill. Don't get me wrong, I've owned a logitech wireless mouse for 5 fantastic years and I thought this would serve me just as well. It started on the second day of ownership, weird lag and unresponsiveness, mainly from the keyboard, and then it began with the mouse.If the "lag spells" (which can last up to 30 seconds) weren't so frequent, it'd be fine- but I'm using this keyboard for writing essays and light gaming- both of which have been hit hard by this combo's poor performance. I'm replacing this with a higher quality wired keyboard..