4.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For
This is a very inexpensive pair and as the adage says "you get what you pay for" -Franky I think you are actually getting a good value for you money. Nothing is perfect and yes this mouse could use some work - but this pair is as close to perfect for the price as you can get.

Published 13 months ago by Dianne E. Socci-Tetro

3.0 out of 5 stars A unifying receiver but NOT the Unifying receiver
Published 1 month ago by Dark Helmet

4.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo-with a tiny plug-and-forget nano receiver (Accessory)

I have always been a sucker for Logitech products, but it was a little difficult for me to give up my solar powered Key board to try a combo like this. However, I did want to save a port for something else so I thought I would try this. I figured that since I was coming down in price I would also be coming down in quality. However, that isn't so. This keyboard is as actually easier for me to type on. The keys are a tiny bit stiffer (harder to press) than the sol oar powered keyboard and that makes this a bit more comfortable . The clacking of the keys is also quieter. I love the fact that when I accidentally hit the Caps lock key a green light lights up and from the corner of my eye I can see that I'd better fix it.

This was a dream to set up especially since I was already using a product that was using the unifying software. I love the concept of one port/six devices! No batteries to add like my old ones, they are already installed, so that makes this product an even bigger value than it is already. It has the usual hot keys, which doesn't matter to me since I rarely use them.

The reason why I wanted to use this was that the mouse I had been using used its own port; it was a little too big for my hand and just did not fit my palm very well. It is also heavier than the old M305 I was using. However, it wasn't until I tried the mouse that comes with the MK270 on a game I love, that I realized that there was going to be a problem. The mouse slides a little too fast so that if you need to keep your arrow on something constantly, if you aren't very careful, this mouse will slide right off without the slighted provocation. It can make it a little difficult to line up your arrow and keep it where you need it. Being able to feel in control of my mouse is important to me. It may be that I need a new mouse pad, but I doubt it, as I had no problem with my other one. It's too bad because I really did like the idea of one receiver controlling both items.

If it wasn't for the mouse issue - this would have been a solid 5 star product for the fact that it is so economical and convenient, easy to set up and made with the usual Logitech care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple!, 2 July 2013
How easy was this to set up? Well, I thought it can't be as simple as the instructions set out but I plugged in the dongle and pulled out the battery protectors and everything burst into life! No software - no problems - well done Logitech!

3.0 out of 5 stars A unifying receiver but NOT the Unifying receiver, 4 Jun 2014
Note that the unifying receiver included with this product is not the standard unifying receiver on which you can add up to 6 devices which comes with a certain logo. This is a unifying receiver that works with the included mouse and keyboard, and nothing else. I thought that was not the case because of another review and was planning to use the keyboard with a bigger Logitech mouse and use this smaller one with my laptop. Alas I need both 'unifying' receivers plugged into the desktop for the keyboard and the bigger mouse to work. So be careful since this is NOT the unifying receiver advertised by Logitech and they should probably refrain from using the term when describing this product. Look for the logo.

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty keys, did not work properly, 31 Dec 2013
Got this to replace a wired keyboard. The set up process is soooo easy the mouse is a dream.
BUT!
It had 23 keys and characters on the keyboard that did not work. I re-installed the drivers twice to make sure. Have returned it to Amazon and am awaiting a replacement. Lets hope that one works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for something so cheap, small mouse., 8 Oct 2013
This is a cheap set, and that fact shows up in some areas. The keyboard is a little 'flexible' in the middle if you use the feet, and the mouse battery cover was so loose I had to slip a piece of cardboard in there to keep it in place.

However, they keyboard has a very nice feel, is quiet, and is the first wireless keyboard I've used that has a light for the caps lock indicator. Layout is spot on with everything in the right place. The top row of special keys for volume etc. are really handy.

The mouse is a quite small, so you might struggle if you have sausage fingers. Interestingly, the LED glow from the mouse is not visible, so I presume it must be some kind of more reliable laser or other tracking technology - I've certainly not had any problems on any surface.

I like the physical on/off buttons on the mouse and keyboard.

Considering a unifying receiver on its own costs about a tenner, getting a mouse and keyboard at this price is excellent value.

I might get a larger mouse for extend daily use at the desk, and use the supplied mouse for mobile use. The unifying receiver allows this kind of flexibility and is the best thing about the set.

UPDATE: after about week of use, I've decided the supplied mouse is indeed too small for extensive daily use. I'm starting to get tense and tired wrists, and my hands aren't particularly large. I've just ordered the M510 mouse which is significantly bigger for daily use, and will use the supplied mouse for occasional mobile use. The original 4 star review still stands, but I wish Logitech would make clear how big their mice are, as this is a very important factor for something used so extensively.

1.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Doesn't work, 26 Feb 2014
I thought that I'd better have a spare in case of disaster, and the Logitech had the best price.
Hardly surprising!

Guideline instructions of "plug in the receiver and away you go" conveniently forget to mention that a software download from Logitech is essential! No big deal, I thought, and found myself with a choice of operating systems. "All well and good" I thought, going for Windows 8. I ran it, and "not tested on your operating system" comes up. The same goes after choosing the Windows 7 software.
No good. Unusable!
I can't even comment on the quality of he mouse or keyboard, but the receiver is 3 to 4 times bigger than that illustrated, and storage (why bother?) is out of the question. Won't fit!
It doesn't work at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Edward Simmins (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Works well. Nuff said.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 July 2014
Excellent product, much better than the HP set I bought at double the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value wireless mouse and keyboard, 5 July 2014
Mr. Stephen Redman (York England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Great value wireless mouse and keyboard. Like all Logitech products, this comes well packaged and is robustly designed. Why would anyone pay more?

2.0 out of 5 stars Transmitter would not work directly in laptop, mouse small, 6 Jun 2014
Disappointed in this. I've had to use a powered hub for the transmitter, as it didn't like being in the laptop next to another USB lead (DisplayLink for monitor). No response from Logitech support in 24 hours. Mouse is too small for my liking, and keyboard doesn't feel as good as my wired Microsoft keyboard. Can't see why this cannot utilize Bluetooth, which would save on the transmitter hassles.