4.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For
This is a very inexpensive pair and as the adage says "you get what you pay for" -Franky I think you are actually getting a good value for you money. Nothing is perfect and yes this mouse could use some work - but this pair is as close to perfect for the price as you can get.

Published 20 months ago by Dianne E. Socci-Tetro

1.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For
Very poor.

Published 2 months ago by Mr. K. A. Barnes

4.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)

I have always been a sucker for Logitech products, but it was a little difficult for me to give up my solar powered Key board to try a combo like this. However, I did want to save a port for something else so I thought I would try this. I figured that since I was coming down in price I would also be coming down in quality. However, that isn't so. This keyboard is as actually easier for me to type on. The keys are a tiny bit stiffer (harder to press) than the sol oar powered keyboard and that makes this a bit more comfortable . The clacking of the keys is also quieter. I love the fact that when I accidentally hit the Caps lock key a green light lights up and from the corner of my eye I can see that I'd better fix it.

This was a dream to set up especially since I was already using a product that was using the unifying software. I love the concept of one port/six devices! No batteries to add like my old ones, they are already installed, so that makes this product an even bigger value than it is already. It has the usual hot keys, which doesn't matter to me since I rarely use them.

The reason why I wanted to use this was that the mouse I had been using used its own port; it was a little too big for my hand and just did not fit my palm very well. It is also heavier than the old M305 I was using. However, it wasn't until I tried the mouse that comes with the MK270 on a game I love, that I realized that there was going to be a problem. The mouse slides a little too fast so that if you need to keep your arrow on something constantly, if you aren't very careful, this mouse will slide right off without the slighted provocation. It can make it a little difficult to line up your arrow and keep it where you need it. Being able to feel in control of my mouse is important to me. It may be that I need a new mouse pad, but I doubt it, as I had no problem with my other one. It's too bad because I really did like the idea of one receiver controlling both items.

If it wasn't for the mouse issue - this would have been a solid 5 star product for the fact that it is so economical and convenient, easy to set up and made with the usual Logitech care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple!, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
How easy was this to set up? Well, I thought it can't be as simple as the instructions set out but I plugged in the dongle and pulled out the battery protectors and everything burst into life! No software - no problems - well done Logitech!

1.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 8 Jan. 2015
Very poor.

The mouse is very, very low profile, is as cheap-feeling as you'd expect for the price, doesn't sit comfortably in the hand, and isn't particularly accurate. It appears to have issues with diagonals, where you'll move in a diagonal direction and find that it moves either vertically or horizontally. I haven't seen that behaviour since the days of roller mice.

The keyboard isn't recognised as the correct model in Windows. Tested on two machines, one running Windows 7, one on Windows 8.1. Both the same behaviour.

What this means is that - while the keyboard works - you can't actually use the Logitech SetPoint software to reassign the hotkeys that live at the top of the board. That wouldn't be a problem, but one of them is a Standby button. The lightest touch when reaching across the desk for something will cause your PC to go into standby. Seriously, my sleeve set it off at one point! Even pressing one of the other hotkeys will do it, since they're not really separate keys at all and can interfere with each other.

The fix is to reassign that standby button to do nothing at all, but, as I say, you can't do that unless the keyboard is recognised as the exact model that it is. Logitech Setpoint just sees it as a "Standard" keyboard, and not an MK270, and in that instance the software only allows you to reassign three specific buttons, and the standby one isn't one of them. Logitech support - to their credit - tried to help, but within three questions got to the point where they pretty much threw their hands up and said "We don't know."

Returned the set and invested in something else.

3.0 out of 5 stars As Good as Far More Expensive Competitors, 17 Aug. 2014
Stephanie De Pue (Wilmington, NC USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 with Keyboard and Mouse. I have recently purchased and begun using this wireless keyboard/mouse computer accessory. I found it reasonably priced, easy to install – even for me, without that much computer knowledge. And so far it has been reliable: its makers state that it has a robust 2.4 GHz long-range—10 meter range -- wireless connection, and a tiny Logitech nano-receiver that connects both the keyboard and mouse using just one USB port, and that is so small it can remain installed in a laptop. This makes for an all-in-one setup. They also promise long battery life: that the user should be able to get up to 24 months of keyboard power from the 2 AAA batteries provided, and 12 months of mouse power from the single AA battery provided, without having to change them. The keyboard and mouse are equipped with auto-sleep and on/off switches to conserve batteries. Its sleek full-size keyboard has quiet, low-profile keys, with eight hot keys, so the user can quickly access movies, music, the Internet, e-mail, volume, play/pause and more. Its 128-bit AES keyboard encryption will keep your information secure, if you need that. The long-range enabled mouse, so portable you can pack it with your laptop and take it wherever, with receiver storage, and quick scroll wheel, is ergonomically contoured for comfortable use. Further, the makers promise plug and play simplicity for Windows PCs: this item works right out of the box with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8. No software installation required. The item comes with a three-year limited hardware warranty.

I strongly prefer wireless keyboard/mouse combinations as my work space is cramped: this is the second or third wireless set I’ve bought, and I find it every bit as good as its predecessors, considering how reasonably priced it is. However, I do wish it had come with an instruction booklet: if something isn’t working right, you can’t always go on line to check it out. Because I have had one problem with it. There is a little A on the cap lock key, and when it is on, a little A lights up on a switch elsewhere on the board. One night as I was logging off after using the caps lock, I thought I’d better turn off the on/off switch by the little A so that I did not, at my next use, find myself in all caps. So I turned off that switch. Next day, couldn’t start the machine for love nor money, and the problem was in the keyboard/mouse. Didn’t think the batteries could have run out so soon, but I tried changing them, several times. Nothing worked. Then I remembered that little A switch, and turned it back on. Problem solved. But I needed an instruction booklet. Now, you could easily be a more knowledgeable, experienced user than I am, and know what that little A is all about, lucky you. To the rest of us, beware that little A if you buy this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Just received my new key board with so much excitement, only to find out out that half of the keys are not working.
It is even more frustrating when you cannot contact the vendor directly. Amazon needs to do some thing about this.
A client is re-assured when he or she can contact the vendor, and complain

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice wireless keyboard and mouse for the price - for PC and smart TVs, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
For the price, its a great purchase.

The keyboard is welll spaced, and not cramped - nice and easy to type on, and very responsive.
The mouse is a decent, responsive optical mouse.

Both are paired already to the Unifying USB reciever, as expected, and you can always unify it to another one if you've already got one plugged into you PC, using the Unifying software available on Logitechs website.

Do remember, it will only unifiy to ONE receiver at a time. So if you want to use this on multiple computers/smart tvs etc you will need to take the Reciever out of whichever computer its in, and put it in the other thing you want to use the keyboard and mouse for. It's kind of obvious for security reasons that it is this way, but I thought it might be possible to unify them to two separate recievers and then just carry them between one and the other.

Anyways, the items are such good value for money, i've simply bought a second set (one for my smart tv - Samsung 6800) and one for my pc.

On that note, they are perfect for smart Tvs - the mouse and the keyboard both work off one reciever, meaning you only occupy one USB port on the TV instead of two. The TV recognised the Keyboard and mouse via the USB reciever immediately, and they both worked flawlessly. A great purchase for Smart Tv users.

The only downside i have to say is a personal one, and it is simply that i am used to working with a laser mouse - the Logitech MX1000, which ive had for over 8 years. It has never once broken, or failed, and is so responsive, you can use your face as the mouse mat, and it will work flawlessly. This mouse supplied is an optical mouse, and therefore does require a flat surface. On reflection of this, i might invest in a laser mouse for use with the smart TV, as its alot easier to simply pop the mouse on the sofa and get on with it, than to have to stick to a mouse mat or something flat nearby. But thats a very minor point.

All in all, great keyboard and mosue for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars For £20 I think that this is about as good as it gets, 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I bought this to replace the MK260 which, after working perfectly for three years, suddenly went crazy last Monday. Windows opened up faster than I could close them and I thought at first that I had a major malware problem. Trying an old keyboard established what it was, so I ordered this as the nearest equivalent.

It arrived today (Wednesday) and after looking at the minimalist instructions I removed the paper tag from the battery, plugged the tiny dongle into a spare USB port and.... Nothing. Then I found the on/off switch (the very similar 260 did not have one) I turned it on, waited 3o seconds or so for the computer to do its thing et voila.

I find that the keys have more resistance and feel slightly rubbery compared to the old one, but no doubt I will get used to it. For £20 I think that this is about as good as it gets.

I have no idea about the mouse as I use a Logitech USB Marble Mouse which I find vastly superior to the common mouse.

2.0 out of 5 stars Transmitter would not work directly in laptop, mouse small, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Disappointed in this. I've had to use a powered hub for the transmitter, as it didn't like being in the laptop next to another USB lead (DisplayLink for monitor). No response from Logitech support in 24 hours. Mouse is too small for my liking, and keyboard doesn't feel as good as my wired Microsoft keyboard. Can't see why this cannot utilize Bluetooth, which would save on the transmitter hassles.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR IT SCAREDY CATS, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I am an absolute numpty when it to comes to IT. Nothing ever seems to do what it's supposed to ("Just load the disc and it will automatically load up" - no it doesn't!) and I'm too nervous to correct a problem by risking deleting a programme and then re-loading it from the original disc. Most of the messages my PC sends to me seem to be bewilderingly sinister. So, when I wore the letters off my aged wireless keyboard, I delayed for ages before risking buying a replacement.

I needn't have worried! Here's what I did to get up and running again:

1. Remove the existing USB radio transmitter from the back of my PC to disable the existing keyboard and mouse. (I threw the keyboard, mouse and USB away).
2. Take the new keyboard, mouse, USB connector and small radio plug out of the box.
3. Plug the radio transmitter into one end of the USB and then plug the USB into the back of my PC.
4. Pull the little plastic covers off the batteries in the mouse and keyboard and switch on both mouse and keyboard.
5. Wait for less than one minute until a flag on the PC tells me 'connected'.
Off you go!!!

This whole process, including reading the instructions, took less than five minutes. Hassle free even for an anti-geek like me! No fuss, just everything works exactly as it's supposed to.

This isn't the sexiest keyboard or mouse I've ever seen but I want my kit to perform a job, not to impress someone else (you have to be seriously sad to think that a tricksy PC keyboard will impress anyone). This Logitec kit works perfectly; the keys are crisp and positive and the mouse fits my (small) hands well and the sensor works flawlessly.

Especially given the low price of this product, I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for something so cheap, small mouse., 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
This is a cheap set, and that fact shows up in some areas. The keyboard is a little 'flexible' in the middle if you use the feet, and the mouse battery cover was so loose I had to slip a piece of cardboard in there to keep it in place.

However, they keyboard has a very nice feel, is quiet, and is the first wireless keyboard I've used that has a light for the caps lock indicator. Layout is spot on with everything in the right place. The top row of special keys for volume etc. are really handy.

The mouse is a quite small, so you might struggle if you have sausage fingers. Interestingly, the LED glow from the mouse is not visible, so I presume it must be some kind of more reliable laser or other tracking technology - I've certainly not had any problems on any surface.

I like the physical on/off buttons on the mouse and keyboard.

Considering a unifying receiver on its own costs about a tenner, getting a mouse and keyboard at this price is excellent value.

I might get a larger mouse for extend daily use at the desk, and use the supplied mouse for mobile use. The unifying receiver allows this kind of flexibility and is the best thing about the set.

UPDATE: after about week of use, I've decided the supplied mouse is indeed too small for extensive daily use. I'm starting to get tense and tired wrists, and my hands aren't particularly large. I've just ordered the M510 mouse which is significantly bigger for daily use, and will use the supplied mouse for occasional mobile use. The original 4 star review still stands, but I wish Logitech would make clear how big their mice are, as this is a very important factor for something used so extensively.

Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout