4.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For
This is a very inexpensive pair and as the adage says "you get what you pay for" -Franky I think you are actually getting a good value for you money. Nothing is perfect and yes this mouse could use some work - but this pair is as close to perfect for the price as you can get.

Published 17 months ago by Dianne E. Socci-Tetro

3.0 out of 5 stars As Good as Far More Expensive Competitors
Published 4 months ago by Stephanie De Pue

4.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)

I have always been a sucker for Logitech products, but it was a little difficult for me to give up my solar powered Key board to try a combo like this. However, I did want to save a port for something else so I thought I would try this. I figured that since I was coming down in price I would also be coming down in quality. However, that isn't so. This keyboard is as actually easier for me to type on. The keys are a tiny bit stiffer (harder to press) than the sol oar powered keyboard and that makes this a bit more comfortable . The clacking of the keys is also quieter. I love the fact that when I accidentally hit the Caps lock key a green light lights up and from the corner of my eye I can see that I'd better fix it.

This was a dream to set up especially since I was already using a product that was using the unifying software. I love the concept of one port/six devices! No batteries to add like my old ones, they are already installed, so that makes this product an even bigger value than it is already. It has the usual hot keys, which doesn't matter to me since I rarely use them.

The reason why I wanted to use this was that the mouse I had been using used its own port; it was a little too big for my hand and just did not fit my palm very well. It is also heavier than the old M305 I was using. However, it wasn't until I tried the mouse that comes with the MK270 on a game I love, that I realized that there was going to be a problem. The mouse slides a little too fast so that if you need to keep your arrow on something constantly, if you aren't very careful, this mouse will slide right off without the slighted provocation. It can make it a little difficult to line up your arrow and keep it where you need it. Being able to feel in control of my mouse is important to me. It may be that I need a new mouse pad, but I doubt it, as I had no problem with my other one. It's too bad because I really did like the idea of one receiver controlling both items.

If it wasn't for the mouse issue - this would have been a solid 5 star product for the fact that it is so economical and convenient, easy to set up and made with the usual Logitech care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple!, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
How easy was this to set up? Well, I thought it can't be as simple as the instructions set out but I plugged in the dongle and pulled out the battery protectors and everything burst into life! No software - no problems - well done Logitech!

3.0 out of 5 stars As Good as Far More Expensive Competitors, 17 Aug 2014
Stephanie De Pue (Wilmington, NC USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Logitech Wireless Combo MK270 with Keyboard and Mouse. I have recently purchased and begun using this wireless keyboard/mouse computer accessory. I found it reasonably priced, easy to install – even for me, without that much computer knowledge. And so far it has been reliable: its makers state that it has a robust 2.4 GHz long-range—10 meter range -- wireless connection, and a tiny Logitech nano-receiver that connects both the keyboard and mouse using just one USB port, and that is so small it can remain installed in a laptop. This makes for an all-in-one setup. They also promise long battery life: that the user should be able to get up to 24 months of keyboard power from the 2 AAA batteries provided, and 12 months of mouse power from the single AA battery provided, without having to change them. The keyboard and mouse are equipped with auto-sleep and on/off switches to conserve batteries. Its sleek full-size keyboard has quiet, low-profile keys, with eight hot keys, so the user can quickly access movies, music, the Internet, e-mail, volume, play/pause and more. Its 128-bit AES keyboard encryption will keep your information secure, if you need that. The long-range enabled mouse, so portable you can pack it with your laptop and take it wherever, with receiver storage, and quick scroll wheel, is ergonomically contoured for comfortable use. Further, the makers promise plug and play simplicity for Windows PCs: this item works right out of the box with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8. No software installation required. The item comes with a three-year limited hardware warranty.

I strongly prefer wireless keyboard/mouse combinations as my work space is cramped: this is the second or third wireless set I’ve bought, and I find it every bit as good as its predecessors, considering how reasonably priced it is. However, I do wish it had come with an instruction booklet: if something isn’t working right, you can’t always go on line to check it out. Because I have had one problem with it. There is a little A on the cap lock key, and when it is on, a little A lights up on a switch elsewhere on the board. One night as I was logging off after using the caps lock, I thought I’d better turn off the on/off switch by the little A so that I did not, at my next use, find myself in all caps. So I turned off that switch. Next day, couldn’t start the machine for love nor money, and the problem was in the keyboard/mouse. Didn’t think the batteries could have run out so soon, but I tried changing them, several times. Nothing worked. Then I remembered that little A switch, and turned it back on. Problem solved. But I needed an instruction booklet. Now, you could easily be a more knowledgeable, experienced user than I am, and know what that little A is all about, lucky you. To the rest of us, beware that little A if you buy this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for something so cheap, small mouse., 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
This is a cheap set, and that fact shows up in some areas. The keyboard is a little 'flexible' in the middle if you use the feet, and the mouse battery cover was so loose I had to slip a piece of cardboard in there to keep it in place.

However, they keyboard has a very nice feel, is quiet, and is the first wireless keyboard I've used that has a light for the caps lock indicator. Layout is spot on with everything in the right place. The top row of special keys for volume etc. are really handy.

The mouse is a quite small, so you might struggle if you have sausage fingers. Interestingly, the LED glow from the mouse is not visible, so I presume it must be some kind of more reliable laser or other tracking technology - I've certainly not had any problems on any surface.

I like the physical on/off buttons on the mouse and keyboard.

Considering a unifying receiver on its own costs about a tenner, getting a mouse and keyboard at this price is excellent value.

I might get a larger mouse for extend daily use at the desk, and use the supplied mouse for mobile use. The unifying receiver allows this kind of flexibility and is the best thing about the set.

UPDATE: after about week of use, I've decided the supplied mouse is indeed too small for extensive daily use. I'm starting to get tense and tired wrists, and my hands aren't particularly large. I've just ordered the M510 mouse which is significantly bigger for daily use, and will use the supplied mouse for occasional mobile use. The original 4 star review still stands, but I wish Logitech would make clear how big their mice are, as this is a very important factor for something used so extensively.

2.0 out of 5 stars Transmitter would not work directly in laptop, mouse small, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Disappointed in this. I've had to use a powered hub for the transmitter, as it didn't like being in the laptop next to another USB lead (DisplayLink for monitor). No response from Logitech support in 24 hours. Mouse is too small for my liking, and keyboard doesn't feel as good as my wired Microsoft keyboard. Can't see why this cannot utilize Bluetooth, which would save on the transmitter hassles.

1.0 out of 5 stars False representation: not unifying compatible!, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
This product was advertised as containing a "Tiny Logitech unifying receiver", which was one reason I decided to buy this product. However, this is not true since the receiver it is shipped with is not compatible with the Logitech unifying software. So if you require unifying compatibility: stay away from this product.

Otherwise, the product seems decent enough for its price.

3.0 out of 5 stars A unifying receiver but NOT the Unifying receiver, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Note that the unifying receiver included with this product is not the standard unifying receiver on which you can add up to 6 devices which comes with a certain logo. This is a unifying receiver that works with the included mouse and keyboard, and nothing else. I thought that was not the case because of another review and was planning to use the keyboard with a bigger Logitech mouse and use this smaller one with my laptop. Alas I need both 'unifying' receivers plugged into the desktop for the keyboard and the bigger mouse to work. So be careful since this is NOT the unifying receiver advertised by Logitech and they should probably refrain from using the term when describing this product. Look for the logo.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Just received my new key board with so much excitement, only to find out out that half of the keys are not working.
It is even more frustrating when you cannot contact the vendor directly. Amazon needs to do some thing about this.
A client is re-assured when he or she can contact the vendor, and complain

1.0 out of 5 stars Both original and the replacement broke., 21 Feb 2014
NS123 (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I bought this Logitech MK270 to replace my old Dell wired keyboard and mouse which had run flawlessly for three years until the mouse's right click broke. I own a Logitech wheel which works very well, so I decided to buy this keyboard/mouse combo. It was easy to set up, though you do need to download software which is not mentioned in the manual. Both the mouse and the keyboard worked well for about a day. My PC was in sleep mode and I moved the mouse to wake it up and it didn't work, neither did the keyboard. I restarted the computer but just a few seconds after turning the PC on, a message appeared on the screen saying that a keyboard must be connected to boot the computer. The Logitech Unifying receiver probably had broken due to both the keyboard and the mouse not working. I had to go and fish the old Dell mouse and keyboard out of the bin so I could start the computer. I tried all troubleshooting steps but nothing worked so I returned this item to Amazon for a replacement. Amazon's customer service was great as usual and I received the replacement quickly. The replacement mouse/keyboard installed fine and ran well for a few weeks. I was using my PC when the mouse abruptly stopped working. I tried everything I could again but it would not work. The keyboard was still working but I returned the items to Amazon again, for a refund this time.

The keyboard and mouse were comfortable and easy to use while they worked, but the mouse was a bit on the small side.

I replaced the mouse/keyboard with the Logitech MK330 wireless combo. This is worth the extra money - months later it is still working perfectly.

I would not recommend this product, it appears to be very bad quality, although Logitech is a good brand and I would still buy their products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I bought this as a replacement for my old keyboard, which I felt was ready to retire after a long life of having liquids spilled on it, and also a cracked casing. I only really wanted the keyboard, but the fact that a mouse was included, and they were both wireless (I hate wires), appealed to me.

The price, which at the time of purchase was £14.99 (a reduction of 40%), made me wonder how decent the keyboard was actually going to be; was I buying a £15 paperweight? A fellow customer even mentioned in his review that the keyboard was 'a little flexible in the middle', and that 'the mouse battery cover was so loose I had to slip a piece of cardboard in there to keep it in place' which further accentuated my scepticism. I'd like to repudiate both of these statements now: Firstly, I always use the MK270 on its feet, and there are no signs of any flexibility; and secondly, my the battery cover to my mouse remains very much in place. Someone else mentioned that the keyboard doesn't have a CAPS LOCK indicator light, but this is also untrue. To dissipate any confusion about the keyboard's key configuration, I will inform you that this is a UK English QWERTY keyboard.

My only criticism of the Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo (and a few other customers have mentioned this) is that the mouse is quite small. It's not a major issue, as the mouse functions very well, but it just means reduced comfort, especially with extensive usage.

Perhaps the best thing about this product is the fact that you merely have to unpack the set, plug in the receiver, and pull out the battery protectors and that's it - the product is ready to use.

Overall, the MK270 Wireless Combo is fantastic value for money, has no major design flaws (other than the size of the mouse), and it consists of a simple 'everyday' keyboard (not recommended for gamers!) with the edge of hotkeys and wireless functionality; and a (rather small) mouse, which is also wireless. I give this product a respectable 4/5 stars.

Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout