on 30 December 2015
Recommends a lot of additional supplements but don't bother - you can do it all yourself. Followed the plan in November having suffered numerous allergies (unknown causes) and exhaustion throughout 2015 - pretty much everything cleared up after I finished. It's not a wonder product, but the principles of stripping back what you put into your body to give it a rest make perfect sense and seem to have given me a chance to get back on an even keel. You can also download lots of recipes online to give you ideas (I struggled for the first few days), so do this rather than bothering to buy his other book with recipes (I didn't even use it). As with another reviewer, I didn't do 2 x liquid meals, just followed the same rules as for lunches in the evening. I had a nasty caffeine withdrawal on days 1-3 and felt really ropey and listless, but after that, I felt amazing and full of energy. I lost about 3kgs in weeks 1-2, which I was happy with, even though I hadn't done this for weight loss.

Overall, recommended (have lent my copy to a friend and bought another one for my Mum), but you'll only get out of it what you put in.
on 5 November 2015
This book has helped me revolutionise my lifestyle and has been the light in a long, dark tunnel of illness. It has definitely assisted me in regaining my health and vitality. Unlike many other publications, it makes a great deal of sense. Everyone should read this and try to implement it's teachings. There is nothing to be lost and everything to gain.
on 27 March 2013
This book and the detox it describes/prescribes is the best form of healing you can ever get. I have been following this program for over 2 years now and I look so much younger, have more energy than anyone around me and can't remember a time I felt better.
You don't have to buy the shakes they sell on the website...you only have to read the book and follow the diet it describes (which is a plant based diet.Very simple and much cheaper than your average diet). I saved loads of money because when you go to the super market you realize that most aisles are not for you. Plus, your doctor will see you a lot less!
on 3 May 2015
A must read. Transformed my health in 3 weeks. I have digestive problems and allergies and was on 4 different daily meds to manage symptoms, post clean I rarely need my meds. If you want to be in control of your symptoms this is a must read.
on 15 September 2013
4 stars because its a very good program and I'm very glad that this book was all I needed in enable to be able to take the program. I'm also glad that CLEAN gives you options to take the program without buying supplements from the company, as well as the option to buy supplements so supports those who may not want to invest a lot of money buying supplements and shakes or for those who simple prefer to use fresh local produce and make their own smoothies and soups at home.
I did not assign it 5 stars because there were the following disappointments:

1) There is not much explanation of the science behind why
2) There are some items are remain ambiguous. For example, its unclear if you can eat sweet potato whilst you are on the clean diet.
3) There is not much support in terms of the emotional and physical sensations you might feel and why that is. For example, if you experience lots of headaches during the program why is that?
4) The narrative style of the book makes it difficult to look up information quickly. I would put tables of what you can and can't eat at the back so this can be quickly referenced, for example.

Regardless, I would recommend this group and I would hope that a more user-friendly book is created in the future, or even a short video.

Many thanks.
on 28 May 2015
Whilst this book can be a little long winded the practice behind the Clean programme is fantastic. I've since done Dr Jungers cleanse twice now and both times have come away feeling fantastic with people commenting on how well I look and how my skin Is glowing. The first couple of days are the hardest as with any detox programme, but after you get through those you really do feel more energetic.
A few things to mention;
1) you don't have to buy either the shakes or vitamins from Dr Junger in fact he believes in his programme so much that on his website he will point you towards vitamins you can buy yourself and give you recipes for your own shakes.
2) The website community which accompanies this is fantastic - you can even book a free session with a cleanse therapist who will call you and give you advice and encouragement.
on 28 January 2014
I have tried many cleanse type products and just cannot go without eating solid food for any length of time. I have made it through the whole three weeks with this program I can live with. A smoothie for breakfast, regular lunch and a pureed soup for dinner. I feel fantastic, my tummy has gone way down, I can see more clearly what foods I was 'addicted' too and realized it is not bread I love...it is what I put on the bread. Would recommend to any one who wants to have a slow steady doable way to detox.
on 22 December 2014
A must read if you love life, living and value your health. Easy to read and grasp the principles. Makes the challenges of changing our thinking and choices easier by his unusual use of short period detoxes to promote health. It is the first book where I have learned the true benefits and not just the superficial ones of the need to detox. If you love your body , value your life or want to gain vitality and even ' get your life back' this is a book and life plan for you. True health is the focus and how to help ourselves naturally. am well read about health and nutrition but thus book stepped me up to a new level. I am so grateful to have come across it. Thank you Dr Junger.
on 30 January 2014
Found this book very interesting because he explains his background, explains the western and eastern approach. He also gives plenty of info about the clean, what to expect and what you need to know. I have recommended to others.
on 3 June 2015
Excellent book - on Day 5 of the cleanse and feeling great. Well researched and nice to have such a natural health focused book written by someone with serious medical credentials. Don't hesitate to buy this book if you are in poor health and ready to make whatever changes necessary to get back to optimal health. Very comprehensive indeed and tells you absolutely everything you need to know including the science behind it all