4.0 out of 5 stars It Does the Job...but...
Here is the skinny on the device (limited to only 500 words). First of all, the stand is big and bulky (which we know from the photos) but it is adequately weighted and stays stationary on the desk. It also has nice anti-slip rubber feet in the four corners. It does not move...so that is good.

But there is what I would call a manufacturing defect which you...
Published 18 months ago by Q10 User

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this item.
I was pretty excited about receiving this item as I've always liked to dock my phones. With the absence of charge points on the Q10 and no official docks I thought this one could fit the bill.

Published 18 months ago by Tetlee

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this item., 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: GooseWhite Charger Cradle for Blackberry Q10 - Sync and Charge Your Q10 on your Desktop, Also Perfect for Your NightStand (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Now I will say that I have a dock very similar to this for my Nokia E7 which has been fantastic(see my other reviews) so I had realistic expectations for this item, or so I thought.

The dock itself is really rather light unlike the dock I mention above which was surprisingly weighty, it isn't the same as the second photo of the item description where it shows what appears to be a slot for charging a spare battery(the pic even shows contact points which really give this impression), it is instead just a piece of foam at the back, there is also a piece of foam on the bottom which I assume is meant to lift the device to align it with the charge point. The problem is it doesn't, or at least the one I received did not(no idea if they vary). To get the phone to connect to the charge point with the one I received was a very awkward business, I expected to drop the phone into the groove and carefully give a firm press to the left and slot it in, however in this case it was a very much two handed operation and required a good amount of twisting to get it plugged. Once the Q10 was plugged in the phone wasn't resting on the base at all, rather it was suspended by its charge point at an awkward lifted angle. Not did this make it unsightly, but I think it could potentially damage the micro-usb charge socket over time, especially with the awkwardness of getting it connected.

I didn't try any of the cables so can't comment on the issues of syncing with the computer as discussed by the other reviewer, by the time I'd fiddled around with the phone I'd already decided it has to go back so no point opening the other bags.

A real shame, I wanted to love this dock as it's the only one available for the Q10, but looks as though I'll have to stick with just propping the phone up and plugging it in with a standard cable, it's actually far less faff than using this dock.

[EDIT]Good news Q10 owners, there is now an alternative dock for the Q10, it isn't perfect as the phone rests sideways in the cradle, but it's 100% better than this one B00CS0NJ2G

4.0 out of 5 stars It Does the Job...but..., 4 July 2013

But there is what I would call a manufacturing defect which you notice the first time you try to insert the phone in the dock. The metal male end prong on the dock lets call it...that connects to the female port on the phone...it is about maybe 1/8 th inch too high and too big so the phone does not sit firmly down into the base of the dock. The phone sits about 1/8 th of an inch higher than where it should fit down into the dock. It is noticable. There is also a 1/8th inch gap on the left side of the phone because and I dont know what it is...but that metal male end prong doesnt seem to fit perfectly into the female port on the phone...its seems to be a little too big...so it takes some effort to push the phone onto the prong...and I found myself worrying if I was going to hurt the female port...due to the pressure I need to apply and the fact the phone is not securely anchored into the dock base so maybe it would create some stress on the port. I just dont get it. The prong doenst fit easily into the port like when you plug in a USB cable. That male prong seems a bit too big. You must use two hands to plug the phone into the dock. The left hand holds the dock firmly and you push the phone into position with the right hand. It goes in...it can be done...it just isnt a perfect. In addition, when you get it plugged in...the phone wants to lean to the left a wee bit and one has to square the phone with the bottom of the base to make it straight up vs. lean to the left.

Next...I use a particular size USB cable which fits perfectly into the Q10. But...guess what...this cable does not fit into the back of the dock. They give you an adapter you put on your USB cable to plug it into the dock. But...doing it this way ONLY charges the phone...it does not sync the phone with the computer. The good news is, this company gives you a new USB cable that plugs directly into the back of the device without the adapter and when using the supplied cable...the phone connects to the computer and BlackBerry Link recognizes the phone.

You guys and gals, I welcome comments. If you want a destop cradle charger...this is the only game in town. It is better than nothing. I recommend purchase with the aforementioned disclosures taken into consideration. I am not sending mine back. I will wait for a new and better dock to be offered for sale...and I will wait for BB to fix the way too many bugs and irritations with the phone and OS.

1.0 out of 5 stars Back it goes!, 28 Jun 2013
John W. Cleave "wunderbodi" (South Island) - See all my reviews
Sadly the male charging point does align with the female socket on the Q10. Tetlee has written everything I would write.

5.0 out of 5 stars goosewhite charger cradle for blackberry q10, 11 May 2014
good mornig it arrived on time and I love it. made an error by ordering two (2), but that's my problem. thanks and best regards stojan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to charge my Blackberry, 3 Dec 2013
I think you may need to update the picture you have because the cradle you sent to me does not have a lead sticking out the side as in your picture.
But aside from that it sits on my desktop alongside whilst i am at the PC and it charges and syncs to my PC with ease.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Blackberries normal excellence., 20 Oct 2013
C. N. Pyne "cnp40" (England) - See all my reviews
I have found this difficult to use. It is quite difficult to engage the phone with the charger. Also the display doesn't stay on which, on the older versions they did. Disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars A piece of junk, do not buy this, 16 Sep 2013
I should've read the reviews. The other one-star'ers got it spot-on!
The micro-USB connector sits too high, it fits badly and you feel this is just going to strain and eventually break your phone's socket. On a £400 some phone it's not a risk I'd want to take.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and ineffective, 3 Sep 2013
I would expect to be able to slip my phone into any bedside charger fairly easily.
That is not the cased here. You need 2 hands and you need to force the phone into the unit and it still doesn't sit properly.

It does not incorporate a Blackberry 10 charger so you still get the 'This device will charge quicker with...' Message when you use it.

Finally it has a bright blue LED on the front that will light up your whole bedroom.

Mine is already in the bin

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but needs improving, 23 Aug 2013
This desktop charger is ok. It does the job however, it doesn't just slide onto the connector, it has to be fitted, pushed on, takes two hands, and also the blue LED power light is incredibly bright, easily solved by covering with masking tape but why make it that bright!?!..... All in all it does the job nicely but just a couple of small niggles makes it a little expensive at this price.
Seller was good, arrived quickly with no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 19 Aug 2013
The cradle holds the BB at a good angle but it is very awkward to plug in.
The back of the unit has the wrong sort of USB connection so, somewhat bizarrely they include a little adapter
For what it is, it is very over priced.