4.0 out of 5 stars An injection of a little reality would have made it better
Published 6 months ago by Charles Ashbacher

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book ever
So bad the songs terrible everything is I apslouty rubbish only good thing is that it was free and would be good for little kids
Published 1 month ago by Ella McDonald

4.0 out of 5 stars An injection of a little reality would have made it better, 3 Jan. 2015
Charles Ashbacher (Marion, Iowa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: "Fabulous Me": Children's book -Picture Books For Children Ages 3-5 (Girls Empowerment & Self Esteem 2) (Kindle Edition)
Children have a natural love for rhymes; it teaches them that words sound the same as well as how sentences are structured. For example, a word may rhyme with the last word of the previous sentence, but it should not be placed out of the normal grammatical position in the subsequent sentence. There is the additional aspect of the creation of the "almost rhyme" where two words don't exactly sound alike but are close enough to be considered rhymes. This book is based on alternate sentences rhyming and the text is organized into four-sentence paragraphs. On that basis children will find it fun to read.
The level of reading difficulty is somewhere in the area of late first grade and the topic is feeling good about yourself. The primary character is a young girl named Emma; she has bright orange-red hair and a face full of freckles. She pops out of bed with a cheery attitude, feeling fabulous and ready for another exciting day. The day is sunny and warm so Emma dons a pink dress and shoes and goes outside to play with her pink ball.
Emma's life is full of fun activities; some are done with one or more of her parents or her brothers. The entire tone of the book is one of positive things happening. While that is good, life is not like that, even for young girls. Life is full of minor setbacks, not every day is fabulous, so it would be a better book if there had been at least a little problem where the fabulous took a dent but then recovered.
This is a good and positive book, yet there will be hard knocks in life and it is how we handle them that largely determine our level of happiness and joy. A little of that aspect of living would have made this a better book although the simple rhymes will teach a lot about language usage.

This book was made available for free for review purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 year old loves this!, 12 Feb. 2014
Great book good rhymes catchy song, only thing is my email address is not valid to receive the free video via kindle. One spelling error but otherwise just great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Me, 5 Aug. 2013
What could be better than waking up so happy that you burst into song? That's exactly how Emma wakes up every morning! She reminds me a lot of my little girl. Every morning, rain or shine my daughter wakes up by hollering, "Mom! The sun is up!" I wish I would wake up every morning with such a positive outlook...instead I'm usually found hiding my head under a pillow wishing for just a few more minutes of sleep.

All too often I get caught up in trying to do the "biggest and best" things with my kids and I forget that doing the "simple" things are sometimes the things that make us feel the best. The author, Ally Nathaniel has written an adorable little story about an energetic girl named Emma who shares with us all the things that make her feel "Fabulous!" Each and every one of those things is something that we can all do without spending a lot of money.

Emma loves to go on a picnic with her family, sing and ride her bike. This books reminded me of how much my daughter (and son) love to do these things. Even something as simple as teaching my daughter to bake can help build her confidence and make her feel happy and special.

My daughter absolutely adores this book. We have read it several times, and as she learns to read, I believe it is a book that she'll want to read on her own as well. As we were going on a family adventure to the splash park recently she says very loudly..."Mom, this makes me feel FABULOUS!"

Ally has scored another hit with our family with this great story. If you have a little girl who needs a a gentle reminder that we are all "Fabulous" in our own way this is the book for you.

Disclosure: I received the products mentioned above for this review. No monetary compensation was received by me. This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous me, 5 May 2013
I love that book so much so sweet

I think she is so so gorgeous

The writer is got some great ideas

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book ever, 6 Jun. 2015