5.0 out of 5 stars Very Paladinlike in my opinion
The Paladin series from DD is by far my favourite series and this starts of in a similar vein. This book is an easy read that can capture you into a world of your own and before you know it time has flown by and you are going to work on just a couple of hours sleep.

Published 14 months ago by I 8 Binners

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgettable
I really liked the concept for this book and I got through the book okay (Gods walking the earth, mankind finding it's feet etc), however, a few books and weeks later I came back to this book and found I didn't want to buy/read anymore of the series as it didn't capture my imagination as much as other books have done.

Worth a punt though, if on sale, it might...
Published 3 months ago by Hamo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Paladinlike in my opinion, 14 Jan. 2014
I 8 Binners (Market rasen, Lincoln United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dawn of Swords (The Breaking World Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The book details how Karak vs Ashhur it all started from Day 1 which is fascinating, for fans of David Dalglish it is the start of setting the other series up but if you have not read any of Davids other books then this is a great place to start and as I have not read any of my Robert Duperres book I can only praise how seem-less the writing styles mix into one another because I cannot tell which bit is written by which author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging tale, 9 Jun. 2014
Well written and detailed. Took a while to get used to all the characters but, this is a well thought out and engaging story and you definitely want to get to the end. I did not realise, when I bought this book, that it is, in effect, a prequel to other books by the same author. I will be reading more of his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars That answers a lot of questions., 8 Aug. 2014
Well as a fan of David's books so far as my title suggests, that answers a lot of questions gives some of the characters more depth and helps in understanding what the world they are set in. I'm not keen to do this but it is meant as a compliment. With the twists an turns and the intrigues it is comparable to Game of Thrones. Brilliant read thank you both for this book, I look forward to the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 2 Jun. 2014
Discuss the first book by either of these author that I've read and I can hardly wait fir the next. I gather that this is actually a prequel but it reads like the first of a very good series and I really hops that the earlier books meet my expectations

This is a real page turner, with excellent characters, more twists than a maze and plenty of swords and sorcery.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dom, 17 Jan. 2014
David Dalglish has had me captured in his world of Dezrel from his first books, and Dawn of Swords has continued to develop the universe that he has created.

If you have already read his other books you may find some links and connections to them in Dawn, which I liked as it kind of made this prequel feel even more relevant to his other books. Robert J Duperre has also impressed me, and both the authors writing styles have blended seamlessly.

Its a great read and well worth it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD read but..., 28 July 2014
While I have to say I enjoyed this book, I did feel it was more of an introduction to the next one. This book sets out the backgrounds, the lands, the people and their history for the second book in the series. I felt the second half was a more enjoyable read and it started to get me really interested. I loved, and have to admit was shocked by, the twist before the end I really did not see that coming so well done to the authors. As for me I'm all fired up & ready for book No. 2'

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgettable, 17 Dec. 2014

Worth a punt though, if on sale, it might be for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars the first in a series, 16 July 2014
This book is the first in a series which looks set to confound and intrigue those who follow its path. I have yet to decide on he next course of action and after reading his book I re comes that you too contemplate the next step or steps to take as regards the future of your reading matter. May your insight be true.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 19 July 2014
H "H" (Chadeuil, Charente, France) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this book but it was a little too full of characters, which I realise often is the case when building a storyline in a series. I did enjoy the twist towards the end; definitely did not see it coming. I will buy the next book and see how it progresses. I would hav epreferred a little more 'magic'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only for serious fans, 1 Mar. 2014
I found it hard to get into perhaps because like a lot of prequels they had to get a lot in to make the later story make sense. Therefore the credibility of this story went out the window!

I much preferred David Dalglish's solo series, The Shadow Dance trilogy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dawn of Swords (The Breaking World Book 1)