5.0 out of 5 stars Very good phone
I only bought this to cover my Blackberry Z10 while it was being repaired, but after playing around with it for a few days the blackberry is in the bin and im using this more often
PROS:
Nice really low price.
high spec for price.
doesnt feel like one drop will smash it unlike premium phones.
starts up nice and quick.
camera is decent for...
Published 7 months ago by 'Tegra

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a time
Published 3 months ago by 104murray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good phone, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Huawei Ascend Y300 SIM Free Smartphone UK - Black (Electronics)
PROS:
Nice really low price.
high spec for price.
doesnt feel like one drop will smash it unlike premium phones.
starts up nice and quick.
camera is decent for what it is.
can take a MicroSD card.

CONS:
Can lag sometimes (very rarely though)
Cameras image stabalisation is hard to make work, even a small shake knocks it off.

Over all if you want a decent phone then this is perfect, and it again cost barely anything and isn't flimsy (which is good due to me having Irelands worst case of butterfingers xD) 100% would recommend this to a friend!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good phone, 25 April 2014
Bought mine from car phone warehouse good little phone does alot same as samsung galaxy s3 needed a new phone this one fits the bill big screen light easy to use camera not as powerful as old phone but good cheap basic smart phone lots of features for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a time, 28 Jun 2014
I have had this phone for 10 months. To begin with it was fine and I was impressed. However I have found it to be problematic and not as easy to navigate as my previous Xperia (bottom of the range) in terms of downloading music, transferring files etc. The phone looks good and the screen is fine. It is very slow to respond but maybe you get what you pay for. When I press the home button, often it will take a good 5-10 seconds to actually get there. I am frequently turning it off, taking the battery out etc to try to solve this. It recently has gone very wrong, telling me there was no storage space, despite taking off all non-essential apps and deleting all of my texts and only using half the storage on the phone. THis meant the phone stopped working really, apart from being able to make calls; texts were not getting through and I kept getting messages to tell me there were texts waiting. I also have a 32Gb memory card in so I had PLENTY of storage. In the end I had to take the phone back to factory settings and start again. 2 weeks on and the phone is doing the same thing. The camera has been playing up for a while with lots of pictures not coming out, just a black screen when I go into gallery. At the time it looks as though they have taken but after a couple of hours they disappear and the thumbnail is just black. It has periodically decided to not allow me to make calls, so I have to take the battery out and try again and then it seems to work, but yoj shouldn't need to do this.

So the phone was OK for about 4 months and after that, it has been very frustrating and I have had enough and am off to buy a new one that will hopefully do what it says on the tin.

4.0 out of 5 stars A O K phone, 10 Oct 2013
The Huawei Ascend Y300 mobile is my first smart phone. I'm a bit of a technophobe having taught myself first the windows computer and lately a MAC laptop both of which I struggled with. (Well I am 67 going on 27) However the first thing I did was download the relevant manual from the web. Easy Peasy. Great little phone pretty much self explanatory as you move through the various instructions. Up and running in a couple of hours. I treated myself to a cover a wand and a screen cover as well and the whole set up cost about £110.50.I bought it half price at Argos for £99.95. Cover etc from Amazon with fantastic swift delivery as usual. Great price for a great little phone.
It is a beginners entry phone but I think it's a great buy would recommend it whole heartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars low price great specs, 4 April 2014
i ordered this phone after tying one in a phone shop, and thought it was really good. i brought from amazon as in the shops they are still a 100 pound new.
the phone has great specs to say its low budget which are:
1. Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A5
2. Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
3. Li-Ion 1730 mAh battery
its only con that i find is the camera isn't great in lower lighting condition but i don't take a great deal photos anyway.
i ve been using for a few weeks now and find it really good.
recommend if your looking for a cheap phone with good specs .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for price, but a few flaws..., 28 Dec 2013
Alessandro (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is fantastic for the price! A decent screen, good camera (and I'm especially happy with front facing one too for selfies and skype).
Pros:
Good Camera, Decent speed, decent RAM (good for price), fantastic value, OK speaker, very solid build, good colours and screen even when not HD, good version of android (4.1 Jelly Bean), camera flash, good brightness, responsive, ultra fast boot time (quickest I've got is 5 seconds!!!), Siri contender Google Now, which can practically read your mind and tell you traffic, journey time home, etc.
Cons:
Slow when playing intense games e.g. FIFA 14, Modern Combat 4, Gangstar etc, Some apps can't be downloaded e.g. GTA, Asphalt 8 etc, sometimes crashes unexpectedly, annoying Huawei interface (but easily removed if you download Nova Launcher or another of the many launchers out there), randomly dropped calls (but I suppose this is more to do with my carrier TalkMobile, but still annoying. Don't worry if you don't use TalkMobile), very thick and buttons look a little dodgy).

Overall I reccomend getting this, all you can expect for a phone at this price, but if you have a little more cash buy the Moto G for £130-180 which looks fantastic with HD screen, quad-core, 1GB of RAM.Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black But it wasn't out when I got this, and if you're not willing to get the extra cash, buy this instead which is excellent for most of your needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK Smartphone, 11 Aug 2014
I have had the UK version of this phone for about 9 months. It was my first smartphone. With the addition of a 16GB SD card purchased separately, I have found it adequate for what I want, which is to use it as a phone, send the occasional text, take photo 'snaps', quickly access and use the internet, and use apps I have downloaded.
Pro's:-
Cheap, comes SIM free, camera OK, easy to use, good battery life, big enough screen to read
Con's:-
Poor speaker, can be a bit slow, not enough computer power to run BBC iPlayer video properly, usual manufacturer app bloatware which you can't uninstall, Android v4.1 is now bit old (although it doesn't worry me at all)
I have bought a protective cover and use film screen covers. I have added following free apps to make it more usable, YAAB (auto brightness controller) and Battery Indicator (to add battery level to status bar).
It will also run Mapfactor Navigation app (as 'satnav' in my car) but needs constantly charging on a long run since GPS drains battery.
I recommend it to those who are too fussed about looks and performance and want a cheap upgrade from non smartphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 27 Mar 2014
Bought this,as,was a good price. Easy to use and nice to handle. Would recommend to anyone who wants,a,smart phone at a reasonable price

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Entry level smart phone, 19 Aug 2014
F. BOWMAN (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
This is my first smart phone and all in all, very pleased with it, It's easy to navigate, download aps etc. Camera is pretty reasonable for indoor snaps with the flash and outdoors its very good.
My only niggle with it is that it can be a tad slow occasionally and not enough memory/storage! I havent downloaded many apps but already there isnt enough memory left to update the ones I have even though I bought a 32 GB memory card for it

However, for the price, its a damn fine phone and if I feel the need to upgrade I would certainly consider a Huawei again - plenty of functions for a fraction of the price of a 'big' name.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huawei y300 android mobile, 16 Feb 2014
Mr. Denis J. Burns "D J Burns" (Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
A good phone decent price...works well and is reasonably quick...no probs to date I like it well, easy to use and easy to connect.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›