5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Quick Reference book - just what you need.
Published on 3 Sep 2008 by Douggy Fresh

1.0 out of 5 stars 2008, not 2013
The product description for the Kindle edition says it is from April 2013. Yet reading through it, it seems to be the same text as that released in Feb 2008 in the paper edition. The text which related to C# 3 , when we are now on C# 5

Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars 2008, not 2013, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: LINQ Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly)) (Kindle Edition)

I am sure it is as technically excellent as the reviews say and another good book by the Albaharis, but the text is now almost 6 year old. Some may tell me that LINQ has not changed in that time. I do not know if that is true. But understanding of how to use it and its most useful features certainly will have.

I would not have bought it if I had known and returned it through Kindle as soon as I understood how dated it was. I await the updated book, in paper or preferably Kindle, which seems the ideal medium for such a reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Quick Reference book - just what you need., 3 Sep 2008
now that you are a linq user that is a handy quick ref guide to get into the solution you need. Its Lambda expressions are good if you are also a user of NHibernate. This book will be of immediate use to people using LINQ SQL where the sql goes back to a traditional architecture; that is doing what you have always done but the LINQ way, thats upto page 50. From page 113 onwards this is all that you can do with XML and X-DOM. Linq makes RSS feeds a dream. The examples are in C# with pictures to show you want is happening.
This is not a theory book, but quick ref for any 3.5 C# developer.

I got one for each of my developers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, keep it on my desk!, 5 Mar 2013
This book is excellent, it is quick and to the point. The diagrams in it are good to present the material concisely.

Read it cover to cover once, now it's always on my desk for reference and use it whenever I'm doing something fruity with LINQ.

5.0 out of 5 stars More of Albahari good material, 27 Jun 2011
Albahari brothers know all about C#. I thought I knew everything about linq, but no. This book gave me a new perspective about the differences between comprehension and lambda syntax. Small and practical to carry, it was my best friend for a few days...