4.0 out of 5 stars 6" case for GO 6000
I bought this as there isn't one included when you buy the GO 6000. Overall it is adequate and has magnets to keep it closed BUT would have preferred it in leather with a zip like the one I bought for my Live 1000. I also wold have liked it not to have the bright orange tomtom label as it looks a little 'garish'.

If a leather one is made available I WILL...
Published 17 months ago by Mr D N M Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive Size
I purchased this carry case to keep all of the wires and the TomTom together in the car. However once the TomTom is in the case there is very little if any room for anything else. It will protect the kit itself but the traffic master and charging cable have to be stored separtely. Shame this was not considered by the manufacturer.
Published 23 months ago by Mrs J W Ballingall

3.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive Size, 16 Feb. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars 6" case for GO 6000, 5 Sept. 2013
This review is from: TomTom 9UUA.001.51 Universal Carry Case for Navigation Device (Electronics)

If a leather one is made available I WILL purchase it as a replacement.

Hence the 4 star rating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast Charging port is NOT fast, 18 April 2012
This device has two USB ports, one port is 1.2A and follows the official "USB Battery Charging Spec". This port can be used for quickly charging most Android phones, or other devices compatible with the official spec.
The second port, marked "Fast Charging" however uses the incompatible proprietary Apple charging method. If you connect a non-apple device to this port, it will only draw 0.5A at most, which is not enough for most devices to charge and be used at the same time.

This is very confusing as the TomTom description implies that this port will work with any high power USB device, which simply is not true.

Just wanted to add 2 comments,
1) You can trick a compliant device into drawing more then 0.5A on the "Fast Charging" port by using a special "charging-only" USB cable or adapter. So NOT a regular USB data cable! Such a charging-only cable has the 2 data pins (D- and D+) crossed which will cause the device to draw more power.

2) I just got a new car, a 2012 BMW 3-series (F30) and the charger will not fit with USB cables attached in the centre console.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for GO 600, 8 Dec. 2013
Cheshire Cat (Warrington, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ordered with some trepidation as some reviewers have had poorly fitting examples, pleased to report that the unit we received has the ideal fit, neither too tight or loose. Only enough room for the GO 600 itself but offers adequate protection for out of car storage, glovebox etc.

Has a hidden magnetic latch that keeps the fold over cover in place. Good quality finish, no signs of wear or tear after several weeks of hard use, recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the new Go 5000, 29 Nov. 2013
I bought this for the new Tomtom Go 5000, and it's a snug fit but it's better than being loose. Recommend if you want a soft case to keep the device in great condition. There is a front pouch for the cables too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Charger, 19 Jun. 2011
Does what it says - charges stuff fast, probably knocks about 30 mins off the charging time of my iPhone when in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars it is exactley as described and very very useful as i can charge my i phone and platronic ..., 4 July 2014
it is exactley as described and very very useful
as i can charge my i phone and platronic bluetooth ear piece and keep my tom tom truck charging all at the same time brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 20 Aug. 2011
Mr. G. Cummins (UK) - See all my reviews
Item arrived very quickly. Really it does what it says on the tin, it fits well into the charging point and stays there. I can run the satnav and charge the phone at the same time.

1.0 out of 5 stars TomTom's anorexic sat-nav case..., 18 Aug. 2013
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
None of the new GO range sat-navs come with a case. I have purchased this case for use with the new GO 6000. I'm not massively impressed. It's a tight fit, I mean very tight. Once open you can hold it upside down and the sat-nav won't budge. This might be a plus for some, but for me it's already a pain to put in and out, something that will surely push the security-stupid to leave it on show. The case will provide protection from scratches, very minor spills and being bumped around in the glove box. I would NOT want to drop it from normal holding height, even onto carpet. The interior of the case is designed in such a way that forces me to put the sat-nav in backwards, avoiding the risk of the ridiculously placed positioning material scratching the screen (not the touch screen part, but still the glass surrounding it). Clearly designed late on a Friday afternoon! My leather case for my old 5 inch sat-nav was a lot better in my opinion, if they ever sell one for my new 6 incher, I'll definitely get one. TomTom also do a much larger case suitable for holding a 6" sat-nav along with multiple accessories. Whilst I'm sure this is great, I would prefer a case that can simply better protect the sat-nav alone.

In conclusion; I'm disappointed that TomTom are happy to release a sat-nav costing us £300 to own, and then fail in providing a case suitable for protection of said device. It's almost as if they want us to break it, thereby securing yet another possible purchase of a TomTom product...

OVERVIEW
----------------------------------------------
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Maybe, after explaining its shortcomings
If lost/damaged would I repurchase product? Probably not; I would lean toward the larger case

PROS:
+ Since my purchase, Amazon have lowered the price by seven quid

CONS:
- Only offers very minor protection
- Even with the reduced price, I'd still class it as very slightly over-priced
- Stupidly placed inner material that risks scratching front glass

NB:
- Given another go around, I'd definitely be tempted by the larger case that stores accessories as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent...., 1 Oct. 2013
This is something I wished I found sooner. The speed at which the fast charge port works is amazing. My Xperia Z1 charged in less than 30 minutes from almost totally drained. It sits quite tall when plugged, but should fit in most cars... Glad I didn't buy some of the cheaper ones out there. Would highly recommend.