After reading the first Hannah Vogel novel, I couldn't wait to get started on the second. These books have a way of drawing you into 1930s Germany and making it seem very real and fascinating. I love the way the characters are gradually developing and we do not get a black and white version of history. Hannah has changed from book one. She is a mother now and very courageous in her attempts to outwit the Nazis who come into her path. In this installment, Hannah returns to Germany with her adopted son and Anton goes missing.

Recommended!!! You must read the books in series order though.
on 31 January 2014
A brilliant second Hannah Vogel book. I didn't realise how cruel the nazis were to their own people. The story is informative and nerve wracking. All the things Hannah goes through to find Anton. The danger and not knowing who you could trust in those awful times. Can't wait to read the third one. An extremely well written book. Keep going Rebecca you are doing a great job.
on 24 May 2014
I love the mix of history and story telling in these Hannah Vogel books. A great balance of tension, intrigue and action with believable characters. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
on 28 September 2013
I only ever download books that have 4star or more and I recommend this book try it and see for yourself.
on 13 August 2014