4.0 out of 5 stars Mclevy - definitely worth the read
The characters are priceless and the words and style used are wonderful - it brings out a real sense of a 19th century Sherlock Holmes Edinburgh detective - pity it was a little short
Published 18 months ago by Robert Farquhar

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick read
Published 13 months ago by Nina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Mclevy - definitely worth the read, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Painted Lady: An Inspector McLevy Mystery (An Inspector McLevy Mystery Series) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick read, 27 Oct 2013
Nina (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
Handy for when time is limited - could have led to a longer, more involved story with a bit more substance. I felt that the characters were not fully developed and those few descriptions that we do get are repeated unnecessarily. I felt slightly disappointed at the end as the main female's character was believable, rather like Lady Dedlock in Bleak House, and could have been developed. And did we have to keep having Queen Victoria's picture quite so often - a good idea but overworked, but the Victorian era was never quite evoked.

Would I recommend it? Yes, I think so

4.0 out of 5 stars Griping, 4 Jun 2014
I enjoyed this book immensely; I love the McLevy series and have bought lots more. I heard them on the radio first and wanted to read them. They are vivid and gritty just what I like. I have alos bought the Managle Street Murdres which was entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here, new readers., 8 May 2014
This is a short story in the Inspector McLevy series.
I read it in one sitting, as once again I was so drawn into the inspector's Edinburgh Victorian world.
If you are wanting to get a flavour of that world, this would be a good introduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars short but very sweet, 27 Feb 2014
Ms. Siusaidh Nicneill "cruard32" (Inner Hebrides) - See all my reviews
Not sweet as in sickly sweet. Sweet as in just perfectly formed. McLevy is a wonderful, real and rounded character. The story grows at just the right pace and the language of Victorian Embra is beautifully embraced.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 5 Sep 2013
Super mclevy story enjoyed reading it even though I heard it on radio.can't wait till the next one is available

5.0 out of 5 stars inspector mclevy a great read, 24 Aug 2013
I read all of inspector mclevy this story was superb I await for more of the david ashdon story's topreads

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 15 Aug 2013
I enjoy reading these books again a good holiday read. I would love to see it turned into a TV series

5.0 out of 5 stars E Book., 12 Aug 2013
As ever I found this a good read, I do like the Leith voice in my head - really draws you in.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, 4 Aug 2013
A neat little story. Very enjoyable. I love all the Inspector McLevy books. Full of fascinating detail, humorous and clever.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›