on 10 July 2013
I am in the child care business, and I have to say this is the best thermometer I have ever used, the kids love it you don't have to touch them, Just point near their forehead and take the reading. I tested it along side my old glass thermometer and the readings are exact.
So much easier, I have recommended it to my colleagues and friends.
on 4 August 2013
This product was exceptional I could'nt stop trying it out on people. The reading was so fast and very accurate,checked against the old fashioned oral thermometer. I also found it useful for finding out the room tempreture
on 31 July 2015
This is a must for any parent! My little one does not like to get her temperature taken when she is sick, and she always fights us. This is the perfect solution, because we do not need to keep this against her body, and she does not get bothered! This is really accurate, and I love how easy it is to see the reading! The buttons on this make a lot of sense, and I did not need to consult instructions to get it ready for use!

Some Other Possible Uses - Check Liquid Temperatures - Monitor room Temperatures - Check Surface Temperatures

I am so happy I had the chance to review this product!
on 28 July 2013
This is one awesome thermometer...super fast response and no contact whatsoever. Accurate measurement and easy to use. All in all, highly recommend using this thermometer. Very fast delivery as well. I'm very glad I made the right choice.
Bought to replace an old "in-ear" thermometer with the thinking that it would be less invasive this thermometer is a bit more functional than the Braun in-ear model. It's able to read room, surface and body temperature. Operation is as simple as pushing the button go turn it on, selecting the mode you want (it remembers the last mode you used) and pressing the button again to take a reading.

The display is illuminated so you can read it at night, although it is actually pretty bright, so could wake little one up. It lso beeps to let you know the basics. One beep when it's turned on, another when it's taken the reading, or three more urgent sounding beeps if the body temperature is above 38C.

It runs on a couple of AA batteries and it looks like they will last a fair while before they need replacing.

The only down-side is that the readings can be rather erratic, varying by as much as 1degree C. It's easy enough to deal with, just take three readings and go for the average.

All things considered, it does a good job at a reasonable price.
on 23 July 2013
Just wanted to say how pleased I am with this TempIR body temperature thermometer. We only had one of the old fashioned thermometers in our household, the ones you put in your mouth or under your arm and that you have to shake. But technology has moved on and this Non-contact thermometer is amazing. It also reads the air temperature, so we can see what the temperature is in our house and outside at the pull of the trigger.

But mainly I bought it for taking our daughters temperature. Kids tend to get easily upset and irritable when they are poorly and it can be hard to get them to put a thermometer in their mouth etc. But with this clinical thermometer there is no-contact. Just point at the forehead, pull the trigger and you can see the temperature instantly. It even stores temperatures so you can monitor over a period of days or readings.

There is an alarm if the temperature is unnaturally high and you can see the temperatures in either centigrade or farenheit. You can use it to take the temperature of liquids e.g. bath water. Also any surface temperatures.

Hope this helps others make a decision about buying this Multi function baby thermometer.
 TempIR- Body Temperature Thermometer - Infrared for Baby Adult Child, Non-contact , High Accuracy Multi-Function Clinical Thermometers for - Surface - Forehead - Body and Room - Stores 32 Last Temperatures taken - High Temperature Alarm, Easy to UseTHIS...
on 12 August 2014
I have had a fair few different types of thermometers, in-fared ear thermometer (which is too much of a struggle to get a reading from a child with), a forehead thermometer (which isn't precise) and a digital under the arm thermometer (which my children hate).

I opted to give this thermometer ago as my children contracted scarlet fever. Was absolutely fantastic - even the hospital staff asked where i had got it from they said it was brilliant and as accurate as their own The hospital actually ended up using my thermometer to take accurate readings as their own was time consuming having to strip down sleeping babies to get readings from. Before i left the hospital were actually looking into purchasing a load for their ward as they were so impressed with it!
on 4 April 2016
This item is a disgrace. Bought to check the temperature of our baby boy. He's been unhappy all day but have been under the impression he does NOT have a temperature. Found out this evening by using 2 old reliable under arm thermometers that his temperature is 39 degrees and really isn't very well whilst this useless gadget has it still in the normal range. A dangerous item that should not be trusted.
on 30 April 2016
Being a mum, a thermometer is an essential item in my medical box. I have a teenager who suffers from sudden-mystery-illness-when-there's-homework-due and a 6 year old who attracts all the germs in school.

I've used an in ear digital thermometer for the past few years, but my youngest suffers from lots of ear infections and often finds this method painful. He also tends to sleep a lot when he's poorly, and sometimes I'd like to check on his fever without disturbing him.

I've been looking at digital forehead thermometers for a while, but the TempIR Non-contact Infrared Thermometer caught my attention because it doesn't actually touch the person to take their temperature!

The box arrived, and contained the thermometer, batteries, a storage bag, and comprehensive instructions.

The thermometer is very easy to use. You can change simply between centigrade and fahrenheit, and turn the beep on and off easily too. Great for when you don't want to disturb a sleeping child!

To take temperature, it's a case of point and shoot. It takes only 1 second to measure accurately. I've tested it a few times now, and compared it with my digital ear thermometer, and it's provided consistent accurate results.

The TempIR thermometer can measure body temperature, surface temperature and room temperature. My children have had lots of fun trying to get the coldest temperature on my body with the surface temperature function, my icy feet, which are now officially very cold!

One feature I like is the temperature alarm. If the body temperature measures outside of a normal range, the TempIR thermometer sounds an alarm (unless muted) and displays HI or LO. The instruction book also includes more accurate ranges for different age groups.

I've found the TempIR Infrared Thermometer to be the best thermometer I've ever tried, especially for speed and ease of use.

Disclaimer - I purchased this item at a discount to cover impartially on my blog. This review is my honest opinion.
review image review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2016
This is a most useful device: giving body temperature,surface,temperature, and room temperature instantly; and memorising the readings.
It can be very valuable in monitoring variations in body temperature, especially during bedtime hours. And, of course, it's a marvellous advance on the mercury-based clinical thermometers during periods of illness. Being able to instantly find the room temperature, does away with the necessity of having thermometers everywhere in the house; although it can be handy to have a wall-based thermometer in the bedroom.

This is a must for any parent! My little one does not like to get her temperature taken when she is sick, and she always fights us. This is really accurate, and I love how easy it is to see the reading! The buttons on this make a lot of sense, and I did not need to consult instructions to get it ready for use!

Mainly I bought it for taking our daughters temperature. Kids tend to get easily upset and irritable when they are poorly and it can be hard to get them to put a thermometer in their mouth etc. But with this clinical thermometer there is no-contact. Just point at the forehead, pull the trigger and you can see the temperature instantly. It even stores temperatures so you can monitor over a period of days or readings.

Overall, I am very pleased with this machine and would highly recommend it.

I received this product for a discounted price in exchange for an impartial and unbiased review, all my views are my own and are not affected by any third party.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse