1,260 Reviews
 (1,052)

Published 8 months ago by Christopher J. Cowen

3.0 out of 5 stars my 8yr old loves it.
Although my son wanted this and is over the moon with it, I find myself feeling sick when watching it. He calls me in to show me what his created and as his moving around his masterpiece I feel physically sick, like travel sickness. I have limited the time my son plays it as he comes away from it white as a ghost with a headache.
Published 15 months ago by P C Lawman

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft - Xbox 360 is an amazing game that is only limited by your imagination, 28 Sept. 2014
Christopher J. Cowen (glenville, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Minecraft - Xbox 360 is an amazing game that will give you 100's hours of entertainment. My daughter was into Minecraft for a while playing it on the PC version before it came out on the Xbox 360. Once it came out on the Xbox 360 we bought it and play every weekend for hours on end. It's a great way to hang out with your kids and create some amazing creations. When I was a kid it was sitting on the floor playing with LEGO's not its Minecraft. It's not just mindless game play, many times my daughter and I drew out on paper what we wanted to make before creating it within the game. The game is only limited by your imgination.

The game has had some great upgrade to it, to include allowing to tame ocelots(they tame into cats) and wolves (they tame into a dogs). The game is super fun and Minecraft would be a great Christmas gift for kids and adults alike. I enjoy this game and would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for reading my review, if you have any questions feel free to email me, I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft review!, 9 July 2013
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
A game which has something for everyone and offers hundreds of hours of endless fun. The possibilities of what you can excavate or create are endless, everything from castles and towns to huge underground caves are waiting to be built... All that it requires is your imagination! There are two modes, survival where by you must find what you need to build what you want and creative mode where everything is available at your finger tips. Different worlds can be created too, from flat maps to forests and caves waiting to be found so the combinations that can be had are unreal. Maps are full of creatures like cows and other animals such as wolves but beware at night as the monsters come out such as zombies and spiders.

For me though this game is as its best when played with friends, invite them in to your world and create something spectacular together and remember it can be anything you want. Sure the graphics may not be the best but that misses the point of this game, in fact the more you get into it and realise the size and depth of the game the more you realise the graphics aren't that bad and in fact add a different take on what we've all come to expect from games, for example seeing everything in blocks is hilarious and the fact you can ride a pig with a saddle I would argue can't be eclipsed

PROS: insane fun, broaden your mind as the possibilities are endless, for what's on offer this is probably one of the best value for money games out there.

CONS: you do require patience especially in survival mode, it can take away your social life (its that addictive), beware of the price fluctuating as it can be bought direct thought xbox live for around £10

VERDICT: a truly brilliant game that can be epically fun, invite your friends and it takes it to the next level. Open your mind and dream the impossible, in this game you are allowed to break the rules!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

UPDATE May 2014: There have been many graphics packs that can be bough for under £1 each and they really have an impressive impact on the game. I highly Recommend the Plastic pack as it does take that rough look away. Also worth pointing out that there have been many updates since writing my original review and all have had a positive impact on the game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft (Xbox360), 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Arrived prompt and great value for money. The game has been a great success with all the kids (9,12,46), they have found it very easy to navigate and increase their interaction. Would recommend it to family & friends

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!!, 1 Aug. 2013
L. E. Cooper "Lindsey" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is like catnip for children! It keeps my Son happy for ages, weeks if I would let him! I have to make sure he goes outside to get some sunlight now and again but he loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars if you like talking to your children DO NOT BUY :-), 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Should come with a Parental warning!!!

If you are giving this to your child, they will start playing this simple game and be instantly hooked. They will bore you with tours of their worlds and invite you to play along. They will immediately tell you how you are doing it all wrong and kick you off or take your controller and build the thing/ destroy the thing you have been attempting to get to grips with for the past 45 mins this will destroy all your cool parent credentials in one fell swoop (you will have cool parent credentials from buying the game in the first place however, sadly it wont last once you try to play ....!)

Basically once given, you will struggle to see your child and if they have access to the internet and discover stampy or similar on YOUTUBE you may as well forget the heady days of communication - well until they move out, get married and have children of their own which they in turn will lose to this game.

Good luck fair warned is fair armed :-)

:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! But this console version has a few limitations compared to PC version., 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
My review will start after this small disclaimer:

-Unlike the PC version, where you can walk literally for hours, and the world is almost never-ending, this console version isn't! The world is not that big, you could run from one end to the other in about 15 minutes, where you then come across invisible walls! :( Because of this miniature biomes are usually squeezed into one map, taking away the feeling of a huge world. If you have never played the PC version, then this probably won't bother you, you'll probably think that the world is huge. Bear this in mind before buying.

My Review:

Minecraft is a game limited only by what you can imagine. It's like being in one giant Lego set of never-ending bricks. It's basically about doing whatever you want. The game has no linear campaign, no kind of story, or even any mandatory objectives, yet it is still very enjoyable. The only problem with having no story is that after a while you begin to realize that the game doesn't really go anywhere, you just build things.
So it looks simple, but underneath it's quite complex.

If you feel like a challenge, you can play in survival mode, where you'll have to build a hut [monsters come out at night] find food, build weapons etc.
Or if you're the creative type, you can play creative mode to build a big castle, a large house, a skyscraper, or anything else you fancy.
Children will love this game, and quite a lot of adults will too. You can play splitscreen with 2-4 people on one console [HDTV required], or up to about 10 people online.

I'd definitely recommend this game, it will kill hours of spare time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of enjoyment!, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this for my son, for during the summer holidays to alleviate boredom. He absolutely loves it and alternates from his Ipad to this version, as you can do more.

5.0 out of 5 stars minecraft mindcraft total mind domination, 30 July 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Got this for my 9yr old daughter and I'm now convinced she will grow up to be an amazing architect. I have to tear her away from her many building projects. I was amazed that she would entertain the very dated graphics but she seems enthralled by it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minecraft Mania, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Being "the only people in the world not to own an xbox" (from the mouth of my 10 year old), we purchased an xbox JUST for the hype of Minecraft. He loves it. We do limit time on this, but he gets lost in his own little building world and it takes some reminding to finish off!! Personally I find the background music annoying but more infuriating is the fact he's now discovered on youtube, postings of the other things and levels you can reach. :-/

5.0 out of 5 stars What are you willing to do to make your dreams come to life?, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Minecraft revolves around one simple principal: survival. The game is split into day and night cycles. During the day, you spend time gathering resources, whether it be searching for ore, digging holes, fishing or planting crops. Night is spent either indoors, mining underground tunnels, building tools or running around outside being chased by monsters.

Like any review, my feelings on Minecraft are the result of my experience with it. Maybe you don’t thrive off random adventures like I do, or maybe you won’t feel the same sense of accomplishment I did when I completed my first house. If not, then you likely haven’t or won’t enjoy Minecraft in the same way. And that’s OK. Minecraft, more than any other game I know, isn’t about playing it a specific way; it’s an open-world, a blank page just daring you to jump in and do with it what you will. The question, then, isn’t what you need to do to succeed, what’s needed to win, but what are you willing to do to make your dreams come to life?

Minecraft (Xbox 360)
Minecraft (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)