4.0 out of 5 stars 25 not out
The story for time bandits is typical Terry Gilliam inspired lunacy, a boy who is totally ignored by his materialistic parents finds himself being dragged along by a gaggle of dwarves who have pinched the supreme beings,(a splendid Ralph Richardson), plans. they are then pursued both by him and the evil one,( a similarly excellent David Warner), through time portals that...
Published on 14 Aug 2006 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movie - a real classic, but poor transfer
I don't need to review the movie, you can probably read the reviews on the DVD section to find out what the film is like. I got the Blu Ray as I'm slowly replacing my favourites on DVD with the Blu Ray versions, and this is why I'm dissapointed.

Yes - the picture quality IS better than the DVD, but that's entirely due to the improvement in the format. It would...
Published on 6 Jan 2010 by Mr. Ro Johns

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic choice, 15 April 2014
Mrs (Kenilworth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Bandits BD [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
My husband remember seeing this when he was about 10 years old and wanted to show it to our 2 sons of 10 and 13 he was slightly worried that the special affects would not look very good. But they held up and the film was enjoyed by all the family. A great film for all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about Time...., 4 Oct 2013
Paul Wilcox (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Bandits BD [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
One of my all time favourite's. Not a bad scene in it. Now with the extras it deserves and a better transfer. My personal opinion is that Gilliam never made better.

Arrow are becoming my favourite distributor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jolly good!, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Time Bandits [DVD] (DVD)
Saw it in London, when it came out. The posters were all over town, in the Tube, everywhere. You could see imidately there was something special going on, just like Raiders, which I incidentially saw in London too. Time Bandits have always had a special place in my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars well excitin mijits jobies, 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: Time Bandits [DVD] (DVD)
Dis fiml is bout the kinda jobs mijits gettin when they leavin school. thay well excitin. when i was littl nippa i thinkin when i grew up i wana be a mijit and get excitin job. sadlee i not groan up to be mijit and i got boringst job evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dam u god

5.0 out of 5 stars Let this movie steal your time, 16 July 2009
Thoust doth love this documentary! Probably Gilliam's finest moment - it certainly shadows anything Attenborough has done (David). Every box is relentlessly ticked as midgets rob god, kidnap a child, cause the death of his parents, and destroy Satan (the baddy).

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Film, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Time Bandits [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Hi
Just seen Time Bandits was an OK film but feels a bit dated.
I gave it a 5 out of 10.
If you like Time Travel films then you should go check this one out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Time Bandits indeed, 11 Mar 2010
C. Falco (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Bandits [DVD] (DVD)
I was recommended this film by a friend, and i normally like these sorts of films but it was not good.

I feel the title Time Bandits is apt as i'll never get that 116 minutes of my life back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Some jokes don't age well, 13 Jan 2012
Dariush Alavi "DariushAlavi.com" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Bandits [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I won't have anyone deny that, at his best, Gilliam is a dazzling film-maker. But he's certainly not consistent. I approached Time Bandits with a great deal of optimism, partly because it's one of his most beloved releases and partly because he made it right before Brazil, which remains one of my favourite films ever. Sadly, this picaresque story of a young boy travelling through time with a group of hapless dwarfs bumbles along from one incident to another before reaching a pretty forgettable climax. Gilliam's trademark quirkiness seems forced, the special effects haven't dated well and even the cameos from the likes of Michael Palin, John Cleese and Sean Connery barely raise more than a titter. On the plus side, it isn't quite in the same league as The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen, which I couldn't even bear to finish.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ummmm?, 9 Mar 2006
This review is from: Time Bandits [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
This film is best described as "odd". It does have some brilliant moments but you need to have a certain brand of humour to enjoy it right through which, despite being a huge Python fan, I lacked. I would call it a childrens film but I doubt many children would enjoy it. Buy this film if you are a Terry Gilliam completist or if you see it in a bargin bin somewhere but otherwise I would advise renting it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where am I going??????????????????????, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Time Bandits [DVD] (DVD)
I was disappointed to find that i couldnt play this DVD on my machine due to regional constraints......In this day and age of technical advances, youd think that it would have been picked up, that a dvd that will not play in a certain region, would be sent to that region, or alternatively , this could be stated on the order form. Other than that, your service is impeccable, and I will continue to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

Time Bandits BD [Blu-ray]
Time Bandits BD [Blu-ray] by Terry Gilliam (Blu-ray - 2013)