4.0 out of 5 stars Faithful version of an old classic
I was pleased to find this was the complete text and not the abridged paperback, and that it had Tolkien's introduction. The scan was almost 100% accurate, with only one or two errors that could have been picked up by careful proof-reading.
I have not read these stories for almost 20 years, and was surprised to find the first and third as gripping as I remembered;...
Published 8 months ago by Marion Kershaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Sci-Fi and religion intersperced
Published 9 months ago by realtree

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sci-fi series, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Space Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Coming back to re-read this series after a few years, it's as good now as it ever was. My favourite book of the 3 is the third, 'That Hideous Strength,' though plenty of people would disagree and claim that honour for the second, 'Perelandra.'

It's still astonishing that the writer of the Narnia books and several theological works could so successfully turn his hand to sci-fi. Philosophical and theological themes still underpin the books, but these add to the complexity of the ideas being explored.

Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 10 Dec 2013
Mr. Michael P. Potter "Michael" (Cambridge, England, GB/UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Space Trilogy (Hardcover)
Very good book, I put one in oxfam that I had before and then wanted to get it again to keep and read.

5.0 out of 5 stars C S Lewis wrote Fabulous Science Fiction, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Space Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
This trilogy is the first books I read of C S Lewis and I think they are FAR SUPERIOR to the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
First class

3.0 out of 5 stars Sci-Fi and religion intersperced, 14 Dec 2013
realtree "earmanduff" (Newby, Lancs. Engalnd) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Space Trilogy (Hardcover)
I wouldn't know how to categorise this trilogy whether as sci-fi or theological treatise. The intrusion of the latter element for me spoiled the former. The religious element is more evident as the trilogy develops and I found myself skipping large chunks of the text to omit this element. The trilogy is fine if you like this type of thing, if not stick to HG Wells, Ray Bradbury, Asimov or Clarke who have more expertise at this Genre.

The Space Trilogy