5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Start to a New Fantasy Series
Gripping! Hammers in the Wind is an excellent start to a new fantasy series. Christian Warren Freed has created an exciting storyline with credible characters, and an effectively created fantasy world that just draws you in.
Published 11 months ago by Kastaris

Published 6 months ago by Allan Bantick

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Start to a New Fantasy Series, 24 July 2014
Kastaris (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hammers in the Wind (Book One of the Northern Crusade) (Kindle Edition)
So, without giving away the story - using my personal benchmarks: believable, "real", Good-Guys - Check, Sinister Bad-Guys - Check, great combat & battle scenes - Check, page turning story - Check, genuine desire to read more (not just for completionist reasons!) - Check.
I have also bought the next 2 books in the series, and would thoroughly recommend this book/author to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 5 Mar. 2014
Freed is without a doubt an amazing story teller. His execution of writing descriptive and full on battle scenes is second to none, the writers ability in that area is unquestionable. He also drags you into the world he has created with ease and panache. I couldn't put it down. Hapily moving on to book two!

1.0 out of 5 stars I am a great fan of the fantasy genre having read pretty much ..., 27 Dec. 2014
Allan Bantick (Boat of Garten, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I am a great fan of the fantasy genre having read pretty much everything written by Tolkien, Donaldson, Eddings, Pratchett, Brooks and many more. Sadly, having reached a little over half way through this book I simply gave up. I was unable to concentrate on the story (which may or may not have been OK) because there were so many basic mistakes I found myself always braced for the next one. The text had not been properly proof-read resulting in missing words, for example, "So why have (they) not already done so?", and wrongly spelled words 'they all said their peace' (instead of 'piece'). Furthermore the author too often used words the meaning of which he clearly did not fully understand and compounded the matter by using common phrases wrongly or in an inappropriate context or adjusted in some way, perhaps to try to appear to be creative but he only succeeded in appearing lame. I was very surprised that any publisher would allow such clumsy writing to bear their name. Sorry, this is one of the worst books I have ever seen - just as well it was free.