4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down
Gripping from the first few pages and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next book in the series.

Published 8 months ago by usbperson

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst books I've had the misfortune to read.
Published 6 months ago by Len West

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst books I've had the misfortune to read., 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
I was looking for something different from my usual helpings of Stephen Leather, Mark Billingham and Rebus novels, so I downloaded this from Kindle as it was cheap and had a good promotional blurb. What a disaster. It's disjointed, implausible, lacking detail and with the writing style I would expect from a fifteen year old doing an essay for their O levels - and not a very good one at that. My fist and last reading of a Lustbader book. P.s. I dread to think what he's done with the Bourne books. I read the Bourne Identity long before it was made into a film and Mr ludlum was a great story teller which Mr. Lustbader most definitely is not!

2.0 out of 5 stars sluggish and hard work, 14 Jan 2014
Natasha (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
Find it difficult to understand all the rave reviews for this book - I found it sluggish and very hard-going, with lots of unnecessary twists and turns. I didn't take to Alli or the other female characters at all, while the male characters were all stereotypes of the worst kind. Won't be reading any more books by this author

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)

I was left thinking that elements of the plot were handled in a rather clunky manner - there seemed to be a lot of loose ends being tied off, sometimes without as much depth or subtlety as I would have expected. Nothing which stopped me thoroughly enjoying the read however.

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
This seemed like a new style - approx three different stories that switch every couple of pages and then come together at the end. The idea works if you remember each bit of the story, but doesn't work, because you start becoming interested and then you lurch on to the next story after a couple of pages. This made it feel disjointed and almost feeling that the author wrote a bit, had a good idea about the next bit, wrote that and then had another idea and wrote another bit. Also, there seemed to be segments missing where somebody was alive and the next minute they are dead having been hit by a car. However, you don't read the bit about the car accident, you just arrive in the morgue with the dead person.
The storyline didn't work for me either, characters from previous books that were dead, miraculously had twins .
No, this one just didn't work for me in the same way as previous books,but maybe it was trying to pull too many threads together from previous books to bring a few ideas to a close. Maybe a good read for other people, but not for me this time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, it was a good read, had not read Eric van Lustbader for a few years so it was good to reacquaint myself with his writing. I enjoyed this, good holiday reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
i have always enjoyed his books but it may have something to do with reading it on Kindle but this time it seemed to be harder to concentrate and keep track of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly good read. Plots thicken, twist and turn, but jack's brillant mind doesn't always read the outcome. Clever story long may it continue

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
All the things you would want in a action thriller book. It's fast paced, keep you rooted to your seat, loads of action, intrigue and violence. Who can ask for mote? A must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Father night, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant read. One I shall tell my friends about. Looking forward to reading more of Eric van Lustbader's work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Kept losing track of story, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Father Night (Jack McClure 4) (Kindle Edition)
Similar to Beloved Enemy I had to keep checking on parts previously read to get back to story. Rather confusing storyline but I persevered.

Father Night (Jack McClure 4)
Father Night (Jack McClure 4) by Eric van Lustbader