Format: MP3 DownloadChange

on 4 July 2013
I've been amazed by the proliferation of African music into the mainstream world consumption, especially from the DRC, which seems to have a conveyor belt of great musicians. In recent times, one thinks of Staff Benda Bilili, but for me, Jupiter is the epitome of african creativity. This album is incredible, and a dancer's paradise, with rasping beats, guitar riffs and harmonies. Incredible too, that it has a strong rock bias that will find favour with the western music lovers, perhaps synthesised too much for my liking. But, Jupiter's musicianship and lyrics more than make up for that shortfall.

I highly recommend that you buy it, but even better, I recommend that you see this band live in action. It is an experience that you will never experience elsewhere.
on 14 July 2014
Not a bad first offering from Jupiter, but not up to the live performance. Saw this band at Womad last year hand had been looking forward to their first release, but have a been a bit disappointed. I like it, but it's not a regular listen. Seems a bit too introverted, if that makes sense.
on 15 October 2013
I think that Jupiter & Okwess International's beat is most hottest now in the world. This polyrhythmic beat and Jupiter's powerful low voice are fascinating for rebel music lovers.