5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at a third of the going rate
I've used a few compression products before from other makes like 2XU and Compression and this top easily sits besides them when it comes to quality fit and function...but at a highly reduced price in comparison.

Published on 2 Oct. 2012 by R. Jenkins

1.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted
For a little while it provided nice compression and looked like descent quality.
However, this top ripped in half along one of the seams after about 5 uses (not a sizing issue, just bad manufacture) .... I would not recommend it.
Published 16 months ago by Dominique Jacquel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product at a third of the going rate, 2 Oct. 2012
R. Jenkins (Berks, UK) - See all my reviews

If you've used compression wear before then you'll know what to look for, if you haven't then use the size chart provided, which was spot on for me, and expect them to be tight...that's the whole idea! After a while you'll nearly forget it's there, you'll just have this reassuring feeling that it's working away.

Great little touches like the grip band at the bottom, nice length for activity or tight overlap is great for all sports and recovery, and the mesh is just in the right spots. Reflective lettering is also I great feature.

If you're not sure about compression, or you're just after a great well priced product don't hesitate to buy any of the range.

(Sellers communication is also very speedy and helpful, which is always a good sign)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, with some caveats, 7 Feb. 2014
J. Markstrom (Chicago, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
About me:
------------
In terms of sports, I do mainly running and kick boxing. I have used compression garments from Nike (Pro Combat line), Adidas (Techfit line), Under Armor and 2XU. I consider 2XU the golden standard of compression gear. With regards to Sub Sports I own both an RX line top and bottom and have been using them 3-4 times a week for about a month at the time of writing this review.

Size:
-----
A lot of people reviewing Sub Sports compression clothing believe it to be comparatively small in size. They seem to miss the point of this type of garment: COMPRESSION! Compared to low-end products from Nike and Adidas (Under Armor), Sub Sport fit is tighter. Sub Sports length compared to Nike and Under Armor is considerably longer (which is great if you move a lot). Compared to the golden standard of compression gear, 2XU, fit and size is about the same(!) I would conclude that sizing is accurate and one should buy according to the sizing chart. I returned a size 'L' which was crazy lose, for a size 'M' which was near identical to my 2XU size 'MT'.

Compression:
-----------------
Compression compared to lower end brands (sorry it may seem crazy) like Nike and Adidas, Under Armor is very good. Compared to 2XU it's at least nearly as good.

Wearing them:
-------------------
There are some strange design choices with Sub Sports. Specifically there is a rough seam that runs on the inside/back side of the knee. I imagine this seam will cause skin rashes during longer runs -during my own runs it is at least an annoyance. The same goes for the top where a similar seam runs inside the armpit: I do kick boxing and when punching this seam is really disturbing me because of the friction it generates.

If you are a man you will appreciate that the Sub Sports pants are shaped at least somewhat to accommodate the male gender. The 2XU pants are flat in this area, putting more pressure on the male genitals

Toxic coloring?
------------------
My 2XU clothing shed a lot of color the first couple of times I washed them, as did the Sub Sports. The difference is that the Sub Sports smell toxic! 'Made in China' and smelling like this -who knows what chemicals are being compressed into your skin!? I would advise washing them a couple of times before first use to mitigate any risk to your health.

Value:
-------
Sub Sports offer exceptional value for the money. These are great compression clothing for very little money. I would recommend 2XU over these any time, but as a spare set or for someone on a budget, they cannot be beaten.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 24 Jun. 2012
great product and great service, very very tight fit. be warned, had to go 1 size bigger to feel comfortable, excellent service though.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality. Great value., 11 Jun. 2012
VeganRunR (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
Product was delivered next day and is very good quality. I have a couple of other compression garments by leading brands and this is easily as good at a much better price. I wear it at night for recovery after running and it has a good level of compression. I also purchased the leggings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, 30 Nov. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizes horribly wrong, 21 Sept. 2014
A. A. Iglesias (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The sizes are horribly wrong. I'm always between XL and XXL and bought XXL. Even though these stretch they are unusable as the size is equivalent to medium. I know because I gave it away to somebody who is medium...

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortbale design, 27 Dec. 2013
Uncomfortbale design compared to the Skins range. Hurts in armpit region. have tried differnt sizes, and all have the same problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but seams rub a bit, 6 May 2014
A good product but the seams around the shoulder / under the arm, rub a bit when worn for some time

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome gear, good fit and very well made, 16 Mar. 2014
Awesome gear, good fit and very well made - I bought this as a novice cyclist, work well under my cycling gear with good compression qualities

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat top, 15 Jan. 2014
These are a great baselayer compression top. The style and look is great - the fit may be on the smaller side but it is a compression top !

The material may give a slight colder feel than other materials to your hard working back when running .

They do need to be cold washed so consider within your laundry !

A great top that is stlyish and comfortable , that I am very happy to run in

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›