on 30 November 2014
Very thin material on these shorts. They basically do nothing as far as compression goes. If you just want some basic thin lycra cycling shorts to prevent chafing when running, then these would do the job just fine. But if you want genuine compression support, I have tried numerous different brands and these would be bottom of my list.
on 16 October 2013
I have now bought three pairs of these. They are a really good fit, with enough compression to keep everything in place and prevent any thigh chaffing on longer runs. Impressed with the quality, and will be buying a few more Sub Sports base layer items for winter training.
on 30 May 2013
Bought my first sub dual compression gear on impulse and 6 months on I now have 4 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs tights and a top. Of all of it i wear the shorts most often, I haven't pulled a muscle in my thighs and whether it's the placebo effect or not I don't seem to build up lactic acid on tough uphill runs like I do running without compression, who knows? But if I perform better then I'm wearing them and thats it. I intially ordered large size but now everything is in medium, 5'11", 32" waist if you need to compare. I know people have said to go one size larger than you need but remember mutha luvvas this isn't fashion, it's compression, buy the size you need.
on 31 July 2012
Bought my first pair of these shorts nearly 2 months ago, and since then i have LOVED these shorts, and purchased a second pair! When i bought these i was suffering with a repeat injury to my upper ham-string/gluteus maximus (not nice) Thanks to these shorts i have managed to heal completely and have not suffered any repeat injury. They are comfy, they rise high which gives added support to the lower back and abdomen, they keep you cool whilst exercising and warm when you stop. The compression is just right and not too tight, also the shape of the seams at the front mean NO chafing, which is good news for both genders i think.
I am 5ft8", 32" Hips, 27" Waist and the small is perfect for me; I have managed to trim about 4" off both hips/waist since wearing these too, cant say that the shorts helped me trim up but they give you the confidence to push yourself a little more.
Some people have mentioned the seam strength and bobbling after repeated washes, I have washed each pair twice a week and have had no problems with either, i wash mine with my ankle support straps and nothing else, on a cool quick wash, using just the smallest bit of wash liquid/powder, and NO conditioner/softner (this tends to effect the elasticity of support clothes/straps, and the washing instructions say not too aswel) The logo on the first pair is starting to crack a little but after being stretched during exercise and washed over 15 times now im not surprised or bothered by this, it isnt peeling off or anything and they are stylish enough to wear on there own, but i prefer a pair of shorts over the top to give me pockets for small face towel/cloth, mp3 etc.

If you are looking to wear them for continuos movement such as aerobics, running etc (which i do) then make sure your jog/sweat pants/shorts are not too loose and are well secured around the waist because these shorts are very smooth (due to the material)and can cause your over-garments to slip down, which can be off putting, but this is not the fault of the shorts but rather my own (I now use a tight waisted pair of over-shorts and have no problems), and the smooth lycra feeling is actually rather nice against the skin.

All in all i would definately recommend.
on 9 January 2013
I must have bought approx. five of these in different colours. They are just so comfortable and great for wearing during a round of golf ! I have found that the size above my 'normal' size (XL), is just perfect with regard to 'fit' and snugness. I've found the garment to be extremely well made at an attractive price. I wouldn't pay the price that some of the so-called proprietory/expensive brands are asking.
Great service at all times from SUBSports.
Highly recommended.
on 22 February 2013
I bought these undershorts to run in as various other solutions were either uncomfortable or impractical (long story). Now when I go on a long run I always wear these. They provide perfect support and comfort, wicking away moisture and stopping my legs chaffing. i generally wear them under lycra based shorts, but they could easily be worn as is. A perfect piece of kit for my up and coming marathon.
on 14 August 2014
I bought these to wear in the colder months as an extra layer under my shorts. I have a 34" waist and the medium fits well. They doesn't offer the greatest compression, but are good enough for my needs. They're very comfortable and don't ride up or move around. I purchased the long sleeve top too, and would recommend as excellent value for money compared to some of the more expensive brands.
on 26 November 2011
very nice fit look good by ther self ill just use them by ther self no need for shorts
as well i use then for the gym as i i do bodybuilding swimming as i look good in them im 5.8 feet 14 stone [not fat]
show of my body better lol very nice will get more soon ill order the top as well i think
thank you so much show my leg mussles good to thx a lot
Best wishs m.davey
on 16 May 2016
Second pair of these shorts I have ordered. Absolutely great product. They fit very snugly which is helpful for keeping the chafing away from the thighs when running, and they're cool enough that they don't feel over bearing.

In winter I will wear them underneath other trousers or shorts, and in summer they can be work just on their own with underwear (however they do show off quite a bulge sometimes, but that is really down to how you feel about covering up etc) They are quite long, coming just above the knee (I am 6"2) which is exactly what I wanted. They reduce any kind of chafing to a minimum and make running an absolute breeze.

They are very good and remaining skin tight, whilst not restricting any blood flow whatsoever. The colours as well are also exactly as pictured. Bright, vibrant and very smart.

As I say, this is my second pair and the quality remains 5 stars. Highly recommend.
on 9 August 2014
Really disappointed with the quality of the product. Fit was great (40" waist, height 6ft 4 ins, so XXL was ideal). Felt very comfortable to wear however, when I came to try to use them for the third time, the waistband is coming away from main body of the shorts and the logo is somehow managing to peel off, as though it was stuck on rather than printed. Item has been washed as per instructions which makes it all the more annoying having gone to the effort. Two defects in one product is enough for me not to give this brand a second chance
Perhaps I was swayed with the funky colours, a real shame as I wanted to like this product
Am in the process of doing a drop off at an Amazon collect point and having a refund applied to my credit card. I will be trying the Ultrasport equivalent, which may not look as good but at least offers a zip pocket for keys, and will write a review on those when they arrive