2,028 Reviews
 (1,082)

1,282 of 1,330 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased 3 of these
Update 7/3/14 - Fitbit just came out with a new upgrade to the Fitbit app for the iPhone which adds some very cool GPS features. I'm adding details at the end of this review.

Published 10 months ago by PT Cruiser

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure.....
Published 21 months ago by Ebuyer

1,282 of 1,330 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased 3 of these, 9 May 2014
PT Cruiser - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

I bought 3 of these fitbit flex devices, one for myself, my husband and my sister. Before purchasing I researched several wristband devices such as the Jawbone UP, the Nike Fuel and and the Polar Loop. I also looked at the fitbit force which is a newer version of this band. The lack of water resistance on the force was a deal breaker for me. I wanted to be able to wear this band 24/7 and to be able to wear it in the shower or when swimming. That was part of what made it attractive to me. Also, after reading reviews about the clasp problems on the force and how many people lost them, I wanted no part of that. They are also quite a bit bigger and look clunckier. The wristband on the UP looked like it would catch on everything and had no display at all. The Polar had lots of quality problems. I wasn't crazy about the looks of the Nike. The display is nice and I can see how people would like them, but not my style. The fitbit flex, to my tastes, had the coolest look. I also know a couple of people who own the fitbit flex and they were very enthusiastic about them so that influenced me as well.

So here is what I like about the flex: I like the way it looks on my wrist. All of us got the slate color. You can also order bands in a few different colors, both here and on the Fitbit site. It is lightweight and even though I don't often wear a watch I don't notice this on my wrist at all. The clasp was VERY difficult to secure the first couple of times until the rubber softened up a bit and until I got the hang of it. I secured it off of my wrist a couple times when it was new. Making sure the band and clasps are lined up correctly and then placing one finger directly below the clasp and my thumb directly above and squeezing hard was the way to do it.

I like that it's water resistant and that I can wear it swimming or in the shower. It is safe down to 10 meters or around 30 feet. I like that the wristband is made of TPU rubber, which according to Wikipedia is a type of rubber used in automotive instrument panels, caster wheels, power tools, sporting goods, medical devices, drive belts, footwear, inflatable rafts, and a variety of extruded film, sheet and profile applications. I think it should hold up for a very long time. I like that the display on the band gives me a rough idea by tapping on it of my progress throughout the day. I can also check my progress on my iPhone 4S and see number of steps so far, calories burned,how many hours of sleep I got last night and how often I woke up or was restless. So far it seems very accurate. I can also track the foods I've eaten and the calories, my weight goals and weight lost, check on the weekly number of steps friend's with Fitbits have taken and compare them with my own.

I like that I can wear it 24/7 and only have to take it off to charge it once every 7 days. It takes about 3 hours to charge with a USB thingie that comes with it. I use a wall adapter to charge it but could also use a USB port on my desktop or laptop computer. I've lost too many pedometers in the past by dropping them out of my pockets or forgetting about them and sending them through the washing machine, so the wristband seems like a much better option for me. I also like that I can connect wirelessly with my smartphone and with the little dongle included that goes into my desktop or laptop, can connect with those wirelessly as well. Software downloads for all of these are free. I'm also able to connect on my first gen Kindle HD 8.9 although I can't see where it's shown as a supported device so far. But it works with the Android fitbit software in the app store.

The step measurements seem reasonably accurate. Waving my hand slowly won't register as a step. Waving wildly will. Driving in the car won't register but reaching around quickly in the car sometimes will. Typing on the computer or Kindle won't register. I've heard that swimming doesn't register either but you can input the time and activity on your phone or tablet. When I first got the flex I started the iPhone app and watched my steps register on my screen as I walked around the house. That, and watching my steps on the treadmill have shown it to be pretty accurate for me, although not perfect. I think that all pedometers have some inaccuracies. What I'm looking for is a comparative trend where I can tell how much exercise I'm getting. The accuracy is good enough for me.

So I wake up in the morning, tap the wristband quickly a few times to tell it I'm awake. Then if I tap it twice I see one tiny blinking light, telling me I'm working on my first 2,000 steps. Later, when I've hit that mark and tap to check again, I'll see one solid light and the second one blinking. There are 5 lights total and each represents 2,000 steps (or 20% of my goal. I could set it up differently on my computer, using a different number of steps as my daily goal if I wanted to.) So I can see my approximate progress any time during the day. When I hit my goal of 10,000 steps the band vibrates and all the lights flash. That means you done good!

I can set up to 8 silent vibrating alarms on this fltbit. I have one to wake me up on weekdays (you can specify which days) and one at 8:00 each night to remind me stop eating for the day. The vibration gets my attention and is effective at waking me up. I set the alarms on my computer or phone.

At night when I'm in bed and ready to go to sleep I tap the wristband rapidly a few times, it vibrates briefly, and goes into the sleep mode until I wake it again in the morning.

So am I happy that I purchased the Fitbits for myself and my family members? Yes I am. It motivates me to walk or run more. I can connect to other friends and family with Fitbits to see everyone's weekly step progress but what really motivates me is just competing against myself. I'll find myself parking in the back of the parking lots at stores to log those extra steps or walking around the store longer because it's a good way to add even more. When I haven't reached my goal at night, I'll sometimes walk around the house several times just to hit a number. Now that can't be all bad, can it?

Update 1/12/14 - I'll keep updating this review with comments and observations as I use this device. I noticed that walking at a rapid pace is counted as "active minutes". Someone on a message board suggested adding a touch of lotion to the clasp if you're having trouble getting it to clasp when it's new.

Update 1/16/14 - A full charge is lasting just a bit over 7 days. It takes about 3 hours to recharge it fully.

Update 1/21/14 - Some people have complained about this band coming undone and losing it. I haven't had any problems with it at all, even when pulling tight coat and shirt sleeves over it, brushing my arm against things or the dog pulling on it once or twice. (I'm sure the dog could have pulled it off if I didn't stop him.) The other day I had the dog's leash wrapped around the wrist with the Fitbit and even with the dog pulling against the leash the fitbit stayed on. We walked this way a couple of miles before I noticed it and unwrapped the leash from my wrist. But even with all that agitation my fitbit stayed put. It has stayed on through enough that I'm not very concerned about losing it. I've only taken it off to charge it. I have the band snug enough that I can only put one finger beneath the band but I can move it a couple of inches back and forth on my wrist.

Update 6/9/14 - Still loving the Fitbit and still wearing it 24/7. The battery is still lasting about 7 days before needing a recharge and it still takes about three hours to charge. It has been working perfectly with no problems at all. My sister gave me these bands for my birthday a couple months ago Fitbit Flex Accessory Wristbands Three-Pack so now I switch to different colors that go with whatever I'm wearing. I really like the navy color. Fitbit is great motivation to keep me moving.

Update 7/3/14 - A new update that works with the iPhone devices that use the Fitbit app was released a few days ago. I've used it with my iPhone 4S and really like the new upgrade. It adds a whole new dimension to my Fitbit app. With the upgrade, I just click on the exercise icon on the dashboard which takes me to a new screen showing the days of the week that I've exercised. (Meaning a walk, run or hike, something in addition to the regular walking in my daily activities.) This screen shows exercise frequency by day of the week, it puts a check on the days that you do some planned exercise. If I click the little stopwatch in the upper right-hand corner, it takes me to a screen where I can click Walk, Run, or Hike. I go back and can then click Cues which takes me to another screen where I can select whether or not I want to hear spoken cues. I can also tell it which cues I want including: Distance, Time, Average Pace, Split Pace, and Calories Burned. Then I go back again an can select the frequency of the cues from every .5 miles to every 5 miles. Or, I can make the cues time based ranging from every 2 minutes, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 minutes. I can also select the volume of the cues. (Medium was perfect for me.) Then, back again to select a playlist from my iPhone's loaded tunes. Last, I allowed location services for Fitbit in my phone settings and I was ready to go. Now I see a big red circle with a Start arrow on the screen over a GPS map showing my location. I pop in my earphones, click Start and my music starts playing.

As I walk, I can see a screen showing how far I've walked, rate per mile, time elapsed. Every half mile a voice interrupts my music telling me how far I've gone and all the other things I've specified in Cues that I wanted to know. Then it goes back to playing my music until it's time for my next designated Cue. How cool is that? It works seamlessly. At the end of my walk I tell it I'm finished (or I could also pause it if I stop to talk to a neighbor or something). When I'm finished (or even during the walk or run) I can see a little red line showing my route on the map. The steps from my walk are added to my steps count, just as they always are. I love these new features. They add a lot to the Fitbit experience.

11/25/14 - Being such a big Fitbit fan, my friends keep asking if I'm going to buy one of the new Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband bands that have just come out or one of the newer ones to be released next year. I'm still thinking about it, but one of the big things I like about the Fitbit I have is it's simplicity. I don't have to take it off in the shower or when swimming and I can wear it 24/7. I also have accumulated quite a collection of different color bands, both from Fitbit and third party sellers. I mostly wear the black, slate, navy and white ones, but I like having some of the other colors too, to match my outfits. The new ones have a built-in watch. Most of the time I think I would like that. But I do have quite a few regular watches that I like to wear. With this Fitbit, I can wear them on my other arm. Fitbit on one arm, regular watch on the other. But with the new ones it would look kind of silly wearing two watches. Right now, only one Fitbit can be registered and used at a time. I think if they were interchangeable I would consider using both, simply because I like new technology.

Update 12/3/14 - If something happened to this Fitbit today, what would I replace it with? Another one just like it.

Update 12/26/14 - After almost a year of wearing these 24/7, none of us have had one come off accidentally. Even the cheap knock-off bands seem sturdy and reliable like the original. And I'm not a very careful person about pulling tight sleeves over it or draping grocery bag handles over my arm.
I have the steps across our back patio counted out by counting them myself. It is 60 steps back and forth once. (Yeah, I know, way too anal.) Oftentimes when I haven't hit my 10,000 steps for the day, I'll go out and walk back and forth with my iPad on the patio table to check my progress. I know from doing this that the Fitbit step count is dead-on accurate for counting steps when walking. Dancing will add steps which I think is fair since it's at least as good as walking for exercise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets me moving, 18 Aug. 2013
I didn't buy my fitbit flex from amazon, but rather a high street catalogue shop and in fairness that was because I wanted it then and there as I was about to go running and wanted to try it out.

I already had a fitbit zip which was good but the amount of times I left it on the bedside cabinet meant days went without any tracking. so I thought the wristband would be better for me.

I use the large band and I'm happy that it's comfortable (if not the easiest to put on with one hand - but it won't come off) and I forget it's on my wrist.

I like the sleep tracking function - it has shown me what I already know - I'm a restless sleeper - but no advice on how to change that!

More so that anything else I set a target number of steps on my iphone and throughout the day give it a double tap and see my progress. I've yet to not achieve my goal as I find myself quite competitive and don't want to be beaten by a machine.

The up side of that is I'm spending more time with my dog out long walks and after 3 weeks of using it I've lost 6lbs in weight. my overall goal was to become more active and fit and as a result I knew I'd lose weight but I didn't think it would be that quick.

the iphone app is ok but the web dashboard is much better if you have the time to log in to it. the graphs are more detailed and easier to follow online. there is a fitbit premium service you can join for £39.99 but I did the one week trial and couldn't really see what all the fuss was about.

the flex is well made and easy to use and it's great if you can get your friends into a fitbit - you get a progress chart on your phone and it constantly updates showing who is in the lead for the week with the total number of steps - another great way to get motivated.

I think the price seemed a bit much when I was buying it but now that I have it I enjoy using it.

my only two complaints are:

1. that there is no indication of when the battery is about to go flat - except in the app,

2. that the online fitbit store differs from country to country and the UK doesn't have replacement flex bands yet - there's nothing wrong with mine but it's orange and a bit bright for me - I'd rather have had the slate - but like I said earlier I couldn't wait for the delivery.

I hope this has been useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure....., 18 Jun. 2013
Ebuyer "Ian B" (Pewsey. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I waited a long time for this to be released onto the market and now I've used it for a few weeks I'm not quite sure about it. There's an expectation (probably fuelled by the hype around these devices) that they're something more sophisticated than a pedometer that sits on your wrist - well, even with all the complex algorithms and blurb, they're still measuring movement at wrist level. That said, if you understand this and make the necessary allowances you should be able to get a decent benchmark on your daily activities but a £10 manual pedometer will do the same for you.

Here are my pro's and con's:

Pro's:

Sits nicely on your wrist and is comfortable and unobtrusive.
Quick indication of your planned "steps" for the day.
Great app with continual bluetooth connection - this is the best out there.
Doesn't need to be removed for bathing.
Tracks sleep pretty effectively.
You can integrate other data (BP, food, water weight etc.) on the web site. This is a novelty when you first start out but who seriously has the time to do all this?

Con's:
Water gets in the bracelet and it gets gunky in the strap.
Unpredictable tracking of movements - it tracks cycling but for no logical reason and not accurate so it throws the figures way out. Same for cross trainer. Same for typing.
Battery life is short - 4 days max for me so far.
If the battery goes flat you lose all the unsynchronised data - easy to do if you're not near a charging point and I don't think there's any indication on the device that it's going to fail - you have to refer to the app.

So, I'm unsure about it. It's as good if not better than any of the others out there but it's really not much different to the old fashioned pedometers. Probably the natural successor that we've all got to have, which is why I bought it! I'll keep it going but can see it eventually making it's way to the back of the drawer like all the other life-changing gadgets that I've bought........

UPDATE 22 JULY 2013...
Well, I've stuck with it and reckon it may end up in the back of the drawer. Couple of things that really don't do it for me:

If you do anything fairly active (like a bit of DIY), you can easily put it into sleep mode.

Battery life is pretty poor.

Just tried to update the software - completely hung and needs a reset.

Strap is really nasty in the hot weather.

UPDATE 28 AUGUST 2013....
It froze completely and went into no response mode. Tried all the reset recommendations and nothing. Wouldn't hold a charge, didn't respond to taps etc. Sent it back (thanks Amazon and Fitbit - great customer service) and got a new one.

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy it again., 17 Feb. 2015
To Whomever it may concern,

I bought a Fitbit Flex wrist band in September of last year through amazon.co.uk. I was quite happy with this item until last week, when I realised, that a corner of the battery's compartment was broken, basically there's a cut on the rubber (As you can see it in the pictures) , so now I'm disappointed. This specific part of the wrist band just gets pressure when you take out the battery or vice-versa but this simple action happens just once a week, because you've got enough power for seven days, so that means since September literally I've removed this piece 24 times and now It's broken.

I wouldn't write this complaint for an aesthetic issue but the thing is, after that, my skin's getting rashed and irritated because of it. Moreover, it lost all the waterproof protection and now every single time I have a shower the battery's room gets inundated with water and I have to empty it (In fact that was happening before as well but not always) or I'll have to put off the wrist band every time before have shower and then I'll risk the possibility to get the band's lock broken because of overused.

Yours faithfully, Marta

5.0 out of 5 stars then makes you feel good about doing them, 17 July 2014
This little gizmo has turned my life around. It goads you into doing the things you don't want to, then makes you feel good about doing them. Simple and effective. On me anyway

1.0 out of 5 stars not good...., 3 Mar. 2014
It was faulty and I had to reset it several times a day which can only be done when it is connected to a computer. Which when I am at work or out I don't have access to. So I sent it back for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it but the strap is not up to the job. Just lost my second one :(, 11 Feb. 2015
I'm giving this one star with a very heavy heart. I've loved both my Fitbit flexes when they stayed on my wrist. I don't understand why it's still being sold with this strap without a normal buckle, or at least a loop to keep it secure. For me it's not fit for purpose and ruins an otherwise brilliant product.

I'm writing this having just lost my second one after only about a week of use. This was a replacement for the first one I lost. I did manage to get 10 months out of the first one but I often had to pick it up off the floor on trains and such like as it came off so easily. I got into the habit of checking the floor and/or seat when sing public transport and did manage to keep hold of to for a while until I inevitably lost it.

I bought the replacement hoping that the strap would have been improved and not fall off. In the Q&A most people suggested it was really secure so I was optimistic that it had improved (although to be fair one person did warn "They can come off if the edge gets caught non clothing etc, perhaps you could wear a wrist band over the top of it!").

I'm guessing you'd probably be alright if you don't wear it jackets/shirts with cuffs, or if don't use a backpack (putting that on often caught and removed it). But otherwise I've found it too easy to lose. I'm very sad right now and not sure whether to buy another one, or just give up. Or maybe I'll buy yet another one and get one of the alternative straps sold an Amazon that include a loop.

1.0 out of 5 stars I use amazon A LOT. This is my first review, I am making an exception for this product-please read on....., 5 Nov. 2014
I don't write reviews. I am too busy. But for this I am making an exception as I've already wasted an hour trying to contact Fitbit customer services, to no avail. There is zero customer support for this product.

Initially I was pleased with my Fitbit Flex. I wore it day and night and found the results of my activity and sleep patterns very interesting. It even helped to motivate my to meet my targets, slightly. I am quite serious about exercising and regularly use GPS tracking apps on my phone-which are brilliant. This will do very little to improve on the apps. To be honest, it's a bit of a gimmick and an interesting novelty, in hind sigh, a waste of money. This was my opinion before the band broke. Within a few days of wearing the band began to split, it held on for dear life for a good while but eventually broke completely. I have fairly small wrist and I could just about make the smaller band fit, which broke within about 2 days. Then the dongle also broke for use with a computer.

The app is also very intermittent, seemingly whenever you actually need to view what results you just have a blank screen, even though it says it's linked. The sleep tracker doesn't give you any time reference, so even though you can see times of good/disturbed sleep and how long you slept for, you work out at what time different things may have effected your sleep. Similar thing with 'active' minutes. And the accuracy of the tracking itself is really poor(I wasn't expecting much so I'm not being unfair here), I burn more calories having a shower and brushing my teeth than running 5 miles.

As I've mentioned I've been trying to contact customer support and after some effort had to except all I could do is fill in an online form and wait for a reply, but I've already been warned by them that they are dealing with high volume(no surprise there), so they will reply by email some time this year. Maybe.

Seriously people, save your money. If it's genuine fitness tracking you want, get an app, get a smart watch, get a heart rate monitor, preferably with GPS, don't get this. If it's just some motivation to get off your bum a bit more and maybe loose a bit of weight then spend the money you were going to spend on this on some decent trainers and go out for a brisk walk or jog for a couple of miles a day and write down your results, you'll soon see big improvements. Forget about Fitbit, I urge you.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm confused is this a step counter or not? And apologies for the length of the review..., 2 July 2013
John "John75222" (Leeds, Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker (now replaced by the Fitbit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker). I've had it for eighteen months and I'm never without it. However, like anything else, if something different comes along I'm willing to give it a go. This looked ideal. The flex101 is about a quarter of the size of the ultra and fits neatly into a wristband (trendy). So this review is written from the point of view of a fitbit product user testing and comparing a new fitbit product against an existing fitbit product that supposedly does more or less the same thing.

Fitbit products all come with a basic website that logs the information the pedometers generate and you can link the website with other websites like MyFitnessPal to transfer data between sites. You can pay more money for the premium Fitbit site, which includes motivational tools and other material. I tried it when I bought my Ultra but it didn't give me any more useful information so I cancelled it before the end of the trial period.

I'll declare straight away that I'm not a fan of this new piece of kit. Yes, the wristband is neat (You do get two; one large and one small), you can even shower with it on, you can set it to discreetly wake you up or remind you of something (set up via the website) and the size of the flex101 is amazing, but... and it's a big but... I have some major concerns as detailed below.

Background before comment. I set up a dummy account, using a different email address and entered all my current details onto that account's database: height, weight, stride length, etc. So I have my Ultra on one account and the Flex101 on the dummy both containing exactly the same information. So far so good. Because I wear my watch on my left hand (non-dominant, the one Fitbit recommend you wear the flex on) and I'm a fairly large (6'4") I had to use my right (dominant) hand and thicker wrist to wear the wristband on (it only just fit) - the website does allow you to identify that you're using the (effectively) wrong hand, so I presume the algorithm the Flex101 uses takes this into account. The Ultra you can wear just about anywhere - waist to neck, I wear mine on my trousers waistband.

My first concern is to accuracy. After wearing both the Ultra and Flex101 for 11 days there is a significant difference between the two in steps recording. The Flex101 is recording anywhere between 30-40% more steps than my Ultra. The fewer steps and the greater the disparity between the two. Because the Ultra has a display that will stay on for a few seconds when pressed I can actually see what it's recording in real time and can step count actual steps and see that those are being recorded. I also know my Ultra is correct because over the last eighteen months I've checked the distance against a portable GPS device Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor, maps, and steps multiplied by stride length, each method gives figures within 50 metres of each other on a 15k walk.

So, first problem. If I can't trust the information on the number of steps recorded then it becomes worthless. Because the Flex101 (like the Ultra) works on an algorithm that converts steps into other information this then impacts the number of calories burned, activity levels and distance. So my Flex101 was telling me I was burning more calories, more active and walking further than my Ultra, and like I said I know that from [number of steps x distance recorded] that the Ultra is reasonably accurate (99% on my usage), so this one fault of the Flex101 massively over-recording the step count renders the information it provides useless. Some may say that it's recording activity: i.e. more upper body movement = more activity so the calorie burn and activity indication is more accurate, but it isn't sold as that. It's sold as a high tech pedometer. So again if the step count is significantly out it's not doing the job you've paid £90+ for.

Second problem. No display on the Flex101, for me that is another serious problem as it doesn't give me any usable information when I'm nowhere near the computer I download to. With the Ultra I get basic information; time, steps, floors climbed, calories burned and activity level in real time, the Flex gives me nothing, no indication, not even basic information through the day, nada. I am aware that you can use a smartphone to sync, but in some respects I am a techno-dinosaur my phone is basic.

Thirdly, speaking from personal experience of having lost my first Ultra, I have doubts about how long this will last before I lose it. Well I should clarify that. I don't think I would necessarily lose the Flex101 itself but my main concerns would be as follows: 1) the charger unit is small enough to misplace (then you've no means of charging it) and just as important is 2) the incredibly small dongle that you sync your flex to your computer with. In the Ultra both these functions are performed by a fairly large base unit. Fitbit don't do separate bits of kit so if you lose, or misplace, either of these items you're stuffed and currently will have to buy another Flex. ** see update note below **

Another negative point for me is that it doesn't record the number of floors, or height, climbed which the Ultra does and on the Ultra this information feeds into the algorithm that then shows calorie burn and activity level based on what you've done. If all you are recording is the number of steps but not the type of terrain then you're not getting an accurate indication of activity levels that then means that your calories burned figure is also going to be inaccurate.

I did email Fitbit support about a week after I got this to share my concerns that there was such a massive discrepancy between the information the two products were recording but to date haven't had a reply. I am really confused as to how two products that reportedly do the same job can be so far apart in terms of the information recorded.

Both are supposed to be able to hold information and charge for a week but I normally (habit) recharge every three days so I'll have to trust the company stats on that one. Both can record sleep by a simple tap (Flex101) or holding the button (Ultra).

Because of all of the above concerns I am sticking with my Ultra. From my experience with it over the last two weeks there appear to be significant problems with the Flex101 of over-recording which you do not want, particularly if you are using this as part of a weight management and exercise programme, because of the knock-on effect this over-recording has on the other information generated. If it's over recording by at least 30% then that is no good. I also have concerns about losing one or both of the two small pieces of kit that either charges it, or transfers the data, given that you cannot buy any of the Fitbit accessories separately. You have to be incredibly organised keeping this kit together.

In summary; it's tiny, its (!?) trendy and you can wear it in the shower and you can set an alarm. But if it's inaccurate it's worthless. If you're going to spend this amount of money on an advanced pedometer then you'd be better off with an Ultra or Fitbit One.

Update: 14/7/13 After writing the review I swopped wrists to see if it made a difference. After wearing it for a further ten days and getting similar results the answer is no. There is still a 30-40% disparity in recording with the Flex101 over-recording when compared to the Ultra. The over recording is worse the less active you are. Another reviewer has also pointed out that you can now buy accessories on the FitBit website. However, the list of accessories you can buy does not include a charger for the Flex101, although you can buy the dongle as it's the same dongle used for the FitBit One & FitBit Zip.

Update: 22/7/13. I've now worn the flex next to my Ultra in the belt loot of my trousers and there has been a significant decrease in the over-recording. The disparity between the two is now between 10-17% depending on activity: i.e. The less walking I do, the greater the difference. Usually if I'm walking less then I'm on a bike, either at my geriatric spin class or on a static bike. So by the looks of things this is picking up activity. It's one of the few things where I complain about the Ultra, in that I have to manually input time spent on non-walking activity, as generally if you're not walking the Ultra assumes you're sedentary.

Update: 10/8/13. For the last fortnight I've worn the flex clingfilmed to my Ultra so they're in exactly the same place. It's still managing to over record but now it's consistently at around 7% (spread from 2% to 9% with the greater disparity remaining on less active days), however this is much better than the 30+% that I was getting when I was wearing it on my wrist, but then that's the point to even get close to the figure produced by my Ultra it's now no longer on my wrist it's on my belt loop. I'd still recommend the Ultra/fitbit one if you want an intelligent pedometer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressive, 21 Mar. 2015
I've had my flex a week and I am really happy with it so far. I chose the flex as I don't need the bells and whistles of a more advanced model - I also like the fact that the flex is more discrete on your arm, and you can get different coloured bands. The iPhone app makes setup and viewing the data very easy.

The step tracker seems accurate - I can walk around the house and watch as the steps are added to my app. I like how you can set your own goals or use the ones recommended by fitbit - I adjusted mine for the amount of weight I want to lose, and set a lower step goal which I will increase as I get more active. I have synced it with myfitnesspal, and this means it gives me a complete picture of my calories in / calories out balance. It is very motivating and stops me overeating because I can see exactly how many calories I have burned (and are expected to burn) that day. It's also great for motivating me to get out for a walk when I'm otherwise having a very sedentary day.

The sleep tracker is also interesting - it shows how restless I was during the night and so gives a sense of the quality of sleep. The flex lasted 7 days from a full charge to getting a low battery warning. Definitely recommended for improving your fitness.