Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 6 August 2013
Fab. I read this book in the middle of the Shade of Vampire Series and though t I would be disappointed . . . I was not. Far from it. This is a completely different take on the vampire story - poor Liam is so vulnerable. This is another series I am eagerly anticipating the next book of.

Not scary and totally captivating.

Some people think vampire stories are for teenagers . . WRONG I am 59 and I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

More please.
on 26 June 2013
This book was brilliant!! After reading the shade of vampire series and loving them, I didn't know what to expect, but wow I could not put this book and I certainly didn't want it to end!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 14 May 2013
Let me start by saying how much I love the Shade books by Bella Forest to the extent where as soon as I received the email letting me know that Beautiful Monster was available I started reading it even though I was already half way through another book.
This is a different take on the general vampire story, in this they live normal lives through the day turning only at night. The story is about a sheltered girl called Amy who lives with her dad, she is HIV positive and homeschooled. Her dad is a chef at the one of the most prestigious acting schools and Amy's one dream is to become an actress. She auditions for and gets the one scholarship place available which puts her in direct contact with Liam the georgous actor now director of the school. I won't give anymore away but I loved Amy, Liam and Porsche, Bella does write some great characters. Personally I struggled with the vampire part a little, when Amy discovers the source of the crying she's been hearing at night I was so upset. I like my books to have happy endings and I'm not sure if this series will end well, who knows its probably too early to tell. Half way through this book I wasn't sure if I would continue with the series but I know I will, it's well written, interesting, has great characters and so much potential, I just hope personally there's a happy ending thrown in there as well.
on 16 March 2014
Well I love Bella Forrest and was looking forward to this series. I was not disappointed with this book. A totally new look on vampirism which was great, added to the fact that our leading lady has a deadly illness which puts a huge twist on things. A pretty love story which makes for an amazing read. Amy is a very strong young woman even with her condition and sheltered up bringing but knows exactly what she wants from life. Liam is a fairly young vampire who just happens to be a huge star and in the public eye. When their eyes meet it seems fated that they be together, as things progress we see many changes for them and their closest friends in this dark fairy tale. I am looking forward to the next in the series and I'm hoping for a real HEA.
on 5 August 2015
I've only read half way through the first book but I'm struggling to keep in the story. though not blown away by the shades series, there was still enough going on to keep me entertained. easy read and interesting characters so was hoping for the same with this book, especially based on the reviews. but so far I absolutely hate amy and am only mildly interested in liam. I can't get behind the reason liam was targeted, it all seems a bit ridiculous. of course you need to really let go of logic when reading most books but even so, this one doesn't make sense. I've never disliked a leading role as much as I dislike amy. I can't relate to her in any capacity. I understand her plight but can't muster up any sympathy for her despite her illness. still, its hard for me to not finish a book so i'll try and keep going on. I'd be annoyed if I had paid for this but thankfully it was free on kindleunlimited.
on 21 April 2014
Good read, great storyline, I really enjoyed this book. I liked all the characters and the way you found out about Amy's illness and what Liam is, it was really well written. Will definitely read book #2.
on 18 March 2014
i do hope this is not going to be another series where it goes on &on like with the Shade series, so far i loved the 1st book and on to the 2nd and that is looking good
on 12 May 2014
I found it difficult to get into the story and for it to get going but once it did it was a good story and even made me buy the sequel, hate to leave a story unfinished
on 3 July 2013
After reading the reviews I thought this book was worth a read, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Not having read her other books I couldn't compare, but this definitely wouldn't make me rush to download her others. The story never really got going, and reading endless pages of Amy blathering on about how much she wanted to be an actress bored me to tears. I waited for something excting to happen and frankly it never came. The story was badly written and not at all entertaining. I'm only glad it was free when I downloaded it!
on 11 January 2014
Enjoyed it haven't read many vampire stories,only two separate series.Amy & liams sexual chemistry was instant.he knew he wanted her from start when she found out he was a vampire she ran away.they started being cruel to each other until she got a break to perform Gatsby tour he didn't want her to go but he couldn't tell her that.they decided to give there relationship another go.loved Porsches character they made friends both Porsche & Amy got HIV.sad bout Porsche character hated selene can't wait to read final book.