on 26 June 2013
This is a fascinating book to read, and a must read for sufferers of Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance. The book is written by someone who is Gluten Intolerant, and she knows what she's talking about. Although there are 32 delicious recipes in the book, the book is about much more than that. It looks at gluten, how to remove it from your diet, what to do when diagnosed with Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerance, and much, much more. This book is interesting, it's jam packed full of content, and I highly recommend it.
on 27 April 2013
I have been ill since a car accident over 20 years ago. I accepted it as inevitable, odd aches & pains, fatigue, difficulty with internal plumbing, crippling headaches, depression, etc.

I tried a gluten-free diet and experienced such relief of many of my symptoms that I was convinced gluten was the problem. But it was hard to stick to and expensive (gluten-free foods in the supermarket are very expensive). I was also devastated that I didn't lose any weight! So I gave it up and went back to a 'regular' diet, accompanied by pain, bloating, fatigue, headaches, etc.

I had read this author's excellent book on stress Is Stress YOUR Silent Killer? How to deal with stress and achieve permanent stress relief and got a lot of benefit out of it. So when I saw that she had written a new book on nutrition (she is a qualified ION nutritionist), I snapped it up quickly.

I wasn't disappointed. It is packed with information but written in an easy-to-understand, yet qualified, way. The recipes are wonderful too and I rushed off to the supermarket to stock up on ingredients. I've made the Flax bread (wonderful) and the No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (delicious, and easy) - both easy to make and taste heavenly. So good to have some food in the house that I know will keep me full, tastes great, and yet is good for me nutritionally, and won't aggravate my bowel and symptoms.

For the first thing in a long time I'm excited about cooking! I'm going to stock the freezer with supplies so I can give up gluten and have things in to grab when I'm hungry.

I know lots of celebrities spout off about being allergic to things, so much that people think it's just the latest fab. But you only have to suffer from unexplained illness to be willing to give some sort of exclusion diet a try. That's all I can recommend, buy this book, try it for yourself, and see if you feel better. I do, I hope you do too.
on 28 April 2013
This book starts with the author detailing why and how she embarked on the journey of writing this book. Janet Matthews writes with authority and compassion because she knows what it means to suffer from the debilitating effects of having a gluten affected diet. This book offers useful advice that could be the major breakthrough you've been looking for with regard to your gluten diet. Get this for yourself or a loved one. It will be a worthy addition to yours and their library.
on 29 April 2013
Excellent book. I am delighted I got purchased this book as it has more information on the subject than I expected and so looking forward to getting the ingredients together to start following the menues ... and this only after reading the first. Big thanks to the author for putting this book together. Amazing facts and the most tempting recipes to make without worrying about the bloating feeling etc. Five stars for definite :)
on 9 June 2014
Great help as my son has just been diagnosed and its very difficult to know where to start transforming his diet.
on 21 September 2013
If for whatever reason you want to eliminate gluten from your diet, this book is an excellent place to start. Janet's expert knowledge on this topic really shines through in this concise and super informative book.
I really enjoy using the recipe section containing lots of ideas I hadn't thought of before and recipes that taste as-good-as, if not better than similar dishes containing gluten.
Worth every penny.
on 1 May 2013
A fantastic book fro anyone looking to turn their health around and embrace a gluten free lifestyle. Inside you'll find lots of great gluten free recipes, tips and tricks to getting gluten free and staying that way. The author also shows lots of gluten free mistakes beginners make when selecting the true gluten free products. Its one book you'll return to many many times on your path to better health.
on 11 May 2014
easy to read with really good information. I can dip in and out as required as I keep it to hand.
on 29 April 2013
The author has done a good job of creating a guide that is of real benefit to people that suffer from gluten intolerance and celiac disease. There is much misunderstanding of the gluten free diet. What you get in this book are the facts about going gluten free, eating healthily and healing your gut. It also includes some great recipes.
on 25 September 2013
This book, Really Healthy Gluten Free Living is just what I needed. It contains brilliant advice and loads of gluten free recipes. It is an absolute must for everyone suffering from Celiac disease. I particularly like the recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal cookies!
I am so glad that I found this book.
Highly recommended!