5.0 out of 5 stars Good game.
It isn't quite as hard as some other Megami Tensei games, but still puts up a lot of challenge even to experienced players and isn't afraid to punish you very heavily for your mistakes. I also found that the difficulty curve seemed more natural than some of the other MegaTen games that I have played, there wasn't any point that really represented a gigantic spike in...
Published 18 months ago by gngf123

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but dated and flawed
I enjoy RPGs that have good mechanics and an engaging storyline.
This is quite an unforgiving game. Enemies can insta-kill you pretty much without warning so you must save and save often. You can save anywhere but only once you have picked up a certain item (it happens fairly early on but you have to do a few dungeons without it). The talking to demons mechanic is...
Published 13 months ago by DaveK

5.0 out of 5 stars game, 9 Oct. 2013
Mr. R. B. Ross (u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
son wanted this so i pre-ordered it for him he loves playing on it would use them again for games

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 2 Jan. 2014
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Nintendo 3DS) (Video Game)
I got this game for Christmas and there are many glaring problems with this game for me.

The first is obviously the graphics, it looks like it is still for the Playstation 1 and that really bugs me. This is a 3DS, not a Playstation 1, so why does it still look like a Playstation 1 game? I've actually seen Playstation 1 games with BETTER graphics than this such as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, even a Yu-Gi-Oh game I had at one point had better graphics. I can't even tell what some of the monsters actually look like because the graphics are awful and there are no better images for them in the game.

The second is the battle system, it ALSO looks like it is still from the Playstation 1 and I don't like it.

Thirdly, unless you change the settings at the beginning, the voice will keep going and the story will continue which can cause you to miss what is going on if you get distracted.

Then there is the money system. Why do I need M to keep my Demons out? I don't get enough back to maintain more than one for an extended period of time and my Yen runs out very quickly because you have to pay to get healed or to revive anyone as well as to buy equipment and items. And why do I only get M from battles? That's just annoying. If I run out and I have no yen, then I'd have to go back to the beginning area to fight weak demons to gain as much M as possible to sell it for yen to heal to get more M. It is unnecessarily complicated.

The storyline is the only part of it that seems interesting, but the fact I can't stand anything else about it completely ruins it for me and, at the very beginning, it expects me to know that a 'Handle' is and what order to put the names in without telling you. In Japan you put the last name first then the first name, so I wasn't sure which way it was meant to be - it is first name then last name. Then asks you for a 'Handle'. It doesn't even tell you what that means - it is meant to be your nickname.

And finally, there is of course the fact that if you lose, you have to Load Game and do everything you just did again, a feature I always DESPISE in games.

Overall, this was not worth what my parents spent on it at all and I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Nintendo 3DS)
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Nintendo 3DS) by NIS America (Nintendo 3DS)