5.0 out of 5 stars My shoulders hurt from all the slinkingl
Two disclaimers first off, I had never actually heard of Caro Emerald before I bought this album and I don't like Jazz
(It bodes well doesn't it ha ha)

I bought this as album of the week as a risk and boy has it paid off. It trasnforms me to a smokey American underground bar during prohibition - and if an album can do that then it has to be good...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing
I expected more. Can not be compared with the previous CD - as a matter of fact sounds like the recycled pale copy of the previous work...
Published 14 months ago by Ivan Djordjevic

‹ Previous | 157 58 5977 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, 18 May 2013
I loved Caro's last album Deleted scenes and this new album is more of the same.
She has not changed her style.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm with Sid, 17 May 2013
There's a good review here by Sid Nuncius that pretty much sums up my feelings on this follow-up by Caro Emerald. It is really good, but just lacks that spark that made her first album so darned good. We saw her live in Bournemouth earlier this year and she performed some of the tracks on this new album, and live it really does have that zing, so the over-production on the album came as a slight disappointment. Can't wait to see her in Leicester in September!

We dance to several of the tracks from Deleted Scenes at our ballroom and latin dance class, but I fear we won't be able to use too many from the new album as most of the tracks that would be good to dance to have odd breaks and twiddly bits in them that would make it hard for us beginners. That's another reason why I'm slightly less enthused about this one.

That said, if you liked the first album you'll like this too, so buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good follow up, 16 May 2013
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (MP3 Download)
A good variety of styles and good songs my favourites being Black Valentine and the Wonderful in You. Liquid Lunch anybody, yes please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected, 16 May 2013
What a terrific album.She is great, so versatile,it makes me want to dance the tango.I bought it after hearing Tangled Up played a lot on Radio Humberside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 16 May 2013
First saw Caro on freeview red button from a radio concert and was very impressed.
So went ahead and invested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its growing on me..., 16 May 2013
At first hearing, its not so catchy of "cute" as her first, but repitition is paying off...and I am slowly finding the songs in my head.
Seems a lot more complex than the first also, far more wordy - perhaps even more polished also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking?, 16 May 2013
Roger Thurston (Buckinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (MP3 Download)
What a brilliant follow-up album after the splendid "Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor" debut. More of her brilliant interpretations and foot-tapping style. No wonder the "Shocking" Album has shot to the top of the charts with the debut album also still in the Top 40.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 16 May 2013
Purple-cafe (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shocking Miss Emerald (MP3 Download)
Lively and catchy music. As soon as I heard it I knew î had to buy the album. Brilliant singer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for me, 15 May 2013
Already have her 1st C.D and although only her second C.D. well worth waiting for. Hope do not have to wait so long for the 3rd????

5.0 out of 5 stars Caro Emerald dvd, 15 May 2013
Big fan of Caro Emerald loved her first album and this is another feel good listening. Due to see her in concert in September

‹ Previous | 157 58 5977 | Next ›