Format: Audio CD|Change

like many of you i'm sure as a collector will have many if not most of
the numbers on board over and over again, maybe on compilation albums
such as 'American Anthems' and 'Power Ballads' or even on the artists albums, so why add this ?
well for me, it's a fantastic collection of favourites, one after another
all mixed on to this 3-CD compilation, a brilliant mix indeed.
we will all have our favourite's, i'll just mention one or two of mine,
'Queen' -'Don't stop me now' ...'Rainbow' -'Since you've been gone'...
'Meat Loaf' -'Bat out of Hell'...'Toto' -'Africa' ,,, 'Foreigner' -
'I want to know what love is' ...'America' -'Ventura Highway' ( back
in the early 70's released on the same '45 as 'A horse with no name' )
to continue---'Survivor' -'Eye of the Tiger'...'Faces' -'Stay with me'
...'Patti Smith' -'Because the Night' ...'The Cars' -'Drive'...'Santana'
-'She's Not there'...'Billy Idol' -'White Wedding' ...'Manfred Mann' -
'Davy's on the road again' ...'Ram Jam' -'Black Betty' ...'E.L.O' -
'Sweet talkin' Woman' ...'Mott the Hoople' -'All the young dudes' ...
'Don Mclean' -'American Pie' ...and 'Roy Orbison's' -'I Drove All Night'
just a reflection of the quality on board, there are many more artist's
and tracks worthy of a mention that i'd consider among my favourite's on
board.......easy to class the set as....Quality.
I often think it a shame when on most compilations of this nature classic's
such as 'Bat out of Hell' and 'American Pie' are so often presented in
shortened version, both being worthy of being included in full.
( maybe that's just me ? )
overall however I have to say the compilation is full of wall to wall
foot-tapping magic.
( if you happen to be a trucker, pull over at a Truck stop, grab a coffee
and bacon butty, and instead of having to curse budding 'Hamilton's' and
'Alonso's' carving you up on the highway's, sit back and enjoy the tracks
on this brilliant compilation........worth adding to your collection, no
question.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2014
A great collection of songs on the three cd's, some I didnt know but were good to listen to. You dont need to be a trucker to like them, just a fan of rock n'roll.
on 14 April 2014
LOVE this album. Great tracks! 100% Recommend. Brilliant variety of classics! Loads of air drumming and guitar moments! AWESOME! :p
on 5 June 2013
Just like old songs. it bring good memories of the great songs from the past. all the different kind of music.
on 10 June 2013
It is what it says on the tin - a collection of good "rock" classics. If you are of a particular age then you'll have most of these in your "record" collection somewhere.
on 13 June 2013
Bought this for my partner, who plays this as loud as he can, he enjoys the songs, a great man's CD
on 23 June 2013
I received this CD as a gift from a friend. I had seen the ad on TV, so I had intended to buy it, but then I didn't have to. I enjoyed the first disc, but the second and third discs were full of obscure songs that I had not heard of before, which ruined the experience. I also thought that the song selection was very questionable. For example, the Leonard Cohen track reminded me of a funeral song and I did not consider that to be a classic trucking song at all. A lot of the songs on the first CD were also songs that I already owned time and time again on other rock albums, which basically this album is - a ROCK and not a trucking album. I wonder at how limited a selection some record companies must have, if we have to have the same old songs from the same bands on every rock CD that is released. So, I cannot recommend this album completely, purely because of the misleading album title, the many obscure tracks and the same old, same old again. Only three stars from me. Very disappointing.
I bought this album as so many of the tracks hail from my early days of motoring rather than trucking. All the tracks are originals and the audio quality is good. Virtually every track triggers the thought "do you remember X or Y ?" and, given the three CDs, and the number of tracks you get for your money, in mind it ticks both boxes - value for money being the first, and, quality being the second. The choice of tracks is superb (I won't restate the listings here!) and they will have almost universal appeal. It also seems appropriate that such an evocative collection of quality songs should be released under the Eddie Stobart brand! Recommended.
on 8 June 2013
Heard about this from a friend on Facebook. Took one look at the list of tracks and had to get it. An excellent range of songs from across the decades, both British and American. Just waiting for that long journey now to play through all 3 CDs.
on 6 June 2013
these are tenuous trucking songs when the real wheel music is not included.
no cw mcall, no wurzels and no greatful dead who actually made great music for truckers.
this is just another below average rock compilation.
Eddie Stobart - Trucking Songs