Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.79

on 5 May 2013
Best album I have heard in years. Harmonies, Lyrics, Music, all first class. So energetic and soothing at the same time. I was fortunate to see this band live in New York. Time stood still. Look forward to the next time, hopefully soon.
on 29 August 2013
Normally I listen to a new album once through and then come back to it as and when, or randomly. I have listened to this probably six times now and it just gets better.

The beauty of this band is that they can produce all of this live, whether in normal 'live band' lineup or sitting around with an acoustic guitar. The harmonies are exquisite. I can't understand why they are not having the success of fellow Dubs Kodaline (also an album well worth buying, by the way).

I cannot recommend this record highly enough.
on 11 September 2013
An interesting & varied album from this Irish band.
It opens with the very catchy 'Harper Lee' with Stevie's distinctive vocals and reminding me a lot of Nada Surf.
'Angel hour' is good but less addictive than the opener and this is followed by 'love took me down to the river to silence me' highlighting their generally dark/weird lyrics but the first chance to hear Faye's lovely vocal (although i thought slightly strained on this track?).
One of the most enjoyable features of the album are the excellent harmonies throughout and these are highlighted on the acoustic 'the consequences of not sleeping' similar to early incarnations of The Strawbs.
'Big red dragon' is much rockier with a stirring ending but is followed by 'red & blue' which many people seem to dislike but the dreamy echoey vocals underpin an almost (pretty good) hymn-like number.
Faye is in charge again on 'the kitchen floor' with the obligatory strange lyrics but here (on a ballad) her voice is much more silky.
Pounding drums introduce the excellent & well known 'The John Wayne' and then the album finishes with three pretty good (but not blinding) tracks although the final one 'goodbye blue monday' is another departure of styles, this time americana with a picked banjo backing a lament to love.
A few average tracks mean it doesn't (for me) rate 5 stars but certainly worth 4.5.
on 4 July 2013
Anyone who likes ballad music and/or poetry will like this CD.
I first saw them on the Irish programme The Works and also see they have been on US tv and radio.
I loved watching them on You Tube especially where they are singing in a museum with a Hindu display.
Of course I love the harmony of their voices and how they stay still while one of them is singing.
I bought the CD as I wanted to support such beautiful, unique talent.
on 6 September 2013
These guys really are incredible for a band so young. I've been a fan since Harper Lee was first being played on 6 Music and pre-ordered the album on the strength of that, which is not something I'd normally risk doing. Needn't have worried about that as most of the album is on a par or better than that opening track. Great lyrics that have some real thought and meaning behind them, some really good driving rhythms and lovely vocal harmonies. Have seen them live and they did not disappoint - a four and sometimes five part vocal harmony is impressive and powerful stuff indeed.

O'Rourke's songs in particular stand out as the best of a very strong bunch, and her voice and phrasing are incredibly powerful. The only dud for me is Red & Blue - a band with this much vocal talent don't need a vocoder spoiling it.

Don't hear much of these guys on 6 these days which is criminal really - their new single is the best track on the album so come on guys, stop playing that bloody Sigur Ros track to death and play more LGC!!
on 7 July 2013
Have just done a long distance journey in the car with my two teenage sons. I played the CD throughout the journey. Love the album full of well crafted songs and Fayes voice is sublime. Notching this down as one of my all time favourite albums it is so good...and the teenagers loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 7 December 2013
An amazing young band from Ireland. This is typical of the top quality music that comes out of Ireland all the time. I love this album and listen it to a few times a day. Absolutely love this band. In time I reckon this band will be huge worldwide. They are already making it big outside of Ireland, in Europe, particularly in Spain.

Product was in very good condition and came within a fairly decent timeframe.
on 26 May 2013
I bought this album on a whim and it's the best thing I've done in ages. Each track is better than the last and the whole album leaves you with a sense of joy and sadness at the same time. Buy this album, you won't regret it.
on 5 December 2013
Saw this band live at Bristol Dot to dot 2013. They are so talented yet humble enough to come outside the venue for a chat afterwards. Eye-watering melodies with a wide range of indie-folk references. Watch with interest to see how quickly they make it big.
on 6 February 2014
Every song is different and brilliant in its own way. There are some meaningful lyrics entwined in great tunes, highlighted by track 3; a song about being murdered by your lover, but a song you can't help singing along to.