5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have gamepad
Logitech gamepads are built for hardcore use (my first one is still in very good condition after six years of use, while my ps4 one lasted for a year and a half). F310 is smooth in use and the level of accuracy regarding the analog buttons is very satisfying. For its price u ll never get anything even remotely similar in quality.
Published 21 months ago by El Ni

2.0 out of 5 stars A potentially amazing product ruined by one massive flaw
Published 2 months ago by Andy UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have gamepad, 27 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap option for Playstation fans, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
It is physically a clone of the Playstation's DualShock 2, but it's cheaper and works on PC with no hacking required.

Pros:
Games see it as an xbox360 pad.
The bumper buttons are analogue. Lots of people don't like this but I think it could be useful because they are quite sensitive and they show up as a single axis so you could use them for steering or something.
The dpad is different from DualShock but I like it because it's easier to hit diagonals. You can also swap the dpad functions with the left stick just by pressing the mode button.

Cons:
There is a dead zone on the sticks that can't be adjusted. Lots of people complain about it. I have no problem with it because I don't think you should be using sticks to aim in FPSs in the first place.
I've had some lock-ups using it on Mac OS X, but officially it only supports Windows so I can't really complain about third party drivers crashing.
It's a little bigger than the DualShock so it feels slightly wrong in your hands if you are a DualShock fan. The thumb extension is too much to reach the sticks if you don't have big hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars TL;DR give it a shot if you don't like the 360 controller., 14 Oct. 2014
J. Dodd "Dandy" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
From a basic consumer standpoint, this is a great buy. The price is reasonable, and the product itself does exactly what you expect it to. I've given myself some time with it, and now feel comfortable enough to rate it and give it a review. Now, why didn't I give it a five star rating?

- The trigger buttons are very resistant, and you may have to be a little more forceful with them than what you're used to.

- The A, B, X, and Y buttons are solid and responsive, but they make about as much noise as an Atari keyboard when pressed. And if you're pressing vigorously late at night... well, then, I hope you live with heavy sleepers...

- The edges of the underside of the controller are very sharp around the back of the thumbsticks. The plastic is not rounded off very well at all, so if you have long fingers then could be in for some discomfort where extensive sessions are concerned.

- The D-pad is a single chunk of plastic. However, a press in any direction has a very satisfying click, because underneath that chunk of plastic is four separate switches that are super-responsive. I know a key detraction where the Xbox 360 controller is concerned is the D-pad, and I was a little skeptical with this controller because of the visual similarities, but the D-pad on this is far and above the D-pad on the Xbox 360 controller. But still, a single chunk of plastic feels cheap and clunky under the thumb.

- The "Start" and "Back" buttons are positioned much higher on the front than what you may be used to, to make room for the "Mode" button. Now, this took a good amount of time for me to get used to, and I spent a long while turning the "Mode" button on and off because I was missing the "Back" button to open a map.

These are my major problems with the controller, due mostly to immersion-breaking and comfort issues. Positives where this controller is concerned are that the wire is lengthy, all of the buttons are responsive and (with the exception of the triggers) satisfying to press, the thumbsticks themselves have a nice grip on them and overall (with the exception of the sharp edges under the thumbsticks) very comfortable to use.

These are the reasons I have not given it a five star rating. I have given it a four star rating because I find it to be reliable, versatile, and good value for money. I would recommend this controller to anyone who was disappointed with the Xbox 360 controller and is looking for a more stead-fast replacement for PC gaming.

2.0 out of 5 stars A potentially amazing product ruined by one massive flaw, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
I have used Logitech products for over a decade, and have found them to be well-priced, well-built, and well-thought out. That is not the case with this gamepad unfortunately, simply due to the huge dead-zone area (the area you move the analog sticks before actual in-game movement happens). This makes any sort of fine or precise movement impossible, or at the very least, frustrating.

The background to me buying this device is that I had a ps3 controller connected to my PC for games, but got tired of having to use external software to map buttons in games. I prefer the Sony controller style over Microsoft, so this product seemed ideal for me. You plug it in and it is recognised as an official Microsoft controller, so no fiddling or mapping with external software was needed.

Unfortunately, the huge dead-zones ruin an otherwise great product, and I am far from the only person having this issue, as a quick search on the Internet proves. This means it is not a faulty unit, but a massive design flaw. Logitech are claiming it is an X-Input problem due to the nature of the API being quite low level, but I bought a wired Microsoft controller after this and it works fine. You can switch the controller to DirectInput, but then you need to install the Logitech software and it isn't recognised as an official Xbox controller.

Anyway.

PROS:

- Very well built
- Great ergonomics (Slightly larger than PS3 Controller, with stiffer triggers)
- Great price
- Works flawlessly from a connectivity perspective
- DPAD is solid and clicky, not mushy like the XBOX one
- Option to use DirectInput easily for older games via switch
- Option to easily use DPAD as either a HATswitch or a copy of left analog stick on the fly via button

CONS
- Massive Deadzone on the analog sticks ruins a great product
- No Vibration. However, I didn't expect it at this price point. The F510 fills this role.

OVERALL
Buy for games where precise analog aiming isnt needed, such as racing games, or to use for fighting games etc. with the DPAD. However, better options exist for both. If not for the Deadzone issue this product would receive 5/5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid PS style pad, 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
I bought this pad because I wanted to play games like platformers and third person action games on my PC, but being only 5'1" tall and a lifelong Playstation player, I find the Xbox pad uncomfortably large for my hands and unfamiliar in layout.

The layout is exactly the same as a PS controller, with PS3 style triggers rather than PS1/2 bumpers. It is a little bigger than the PS controller, which wasn't ideal for me personally, but I'm aware that I have particularly small hands for an adult. It's still perfectly usable and smaller than an Xbox pad. It plugs in and works with games immediately like and Xbox pad and the buttons are recognised as Xbox buttons, which makes it quick and easy to set up. The wire is really long; I'd estimate a couple of meters, which is fantastic if your spare usb is around the back of your tower. It's wired, so while you don't have the convenience of wireless, you also never need to worry about setup or batteries.

As you'd expect from a 3rd party pad at this price, it does feel a little cheaper than an Xbox or PS pad. The buttons make audible clacky noises and the analogue and d-pad aren't so silky-smooth and the triggers are a tad stiff. While it is a little cheap feeling, it's perfectly up to task, working fine with the precision jumping and movement for Shovel Knight and feeling natural in that role straight out of the box.

If you're debating whether to get this or an Xbox pad and you're comfortable using an Xbox pad, I'd advise the Xbox pad. If, however, you have smaller hands, and/or you really want something with a PS layout that your PC will happily recognise an an Xbox controller, or if you want something with the layout of a PS pad but a touch larger, this is an excellent value pad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good but one problem, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
The gamepad is decent for price, The triggers and bumpers feel good but the d-pad is "cheap" and feels very floaty not to my liking. The only big problem that take a bit to get use to is the dead zone on the analogue sticks which is big but not massive. I got use to the dual shock 3 (PS3 controller) which has no dead zone and this has one. But after about 2-3hrs of usage I'm getting use to it. The general quality of the build is solid and feel good.

5.0 out of 5 stars someone wrote that if it is changes to Direct Mode it works nicely with Mac, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
I bought this so my son can play games on the Mac. At first it did not work and after searching the web, someone wrote that if it is changes to Direct Mode it works nicely with Mac. When I did that it just worked with all the Lego games for mac. At last a controller that works nicely with Mac.

5.0 out of 5 stars Annoyed I didn't buy this sooner., 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
A great way to play my Mac Games. This gamepad has really upped the quality of gameplay, making it easier to react and to move in general. From my experience it works with all the games I have including, Batman, Tomb Raider, Road Not Taken, Deus Ex.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... emulated PSP games on my iMac and am very happy. Whilst it didn't register directly with the emulator ..., 17 Aug. 2014
N. F. W. Dishington (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
I bought this with the intention of playing emulated PSP games on my iMac and am very happy. Whilst it didn't register directly with the emulator I bought the Joystick Mapper app and assigned each button to the keyboard input used on the emulator and it works perfectly. So this is compatible with Macs, and emulators with a little fiddling.
The controller itself is robust, the feel of the button presses is nice and it's a comfortable shape. The only niggle, which some other reviewers have also mentioned, is that the dpad is raised which feels a little odd to start with but you get used to it pretty easily. All around though this is a great controller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good build quality, not like your average USB controller, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue (Accessory)
Good controller, shame it doesn't have rubber grips but I guess that's why you'd buy the more expensive wireless version. Easy to install (Windows 7, auto finds drivers) and easy to use.

Logitech F310 Gamepad - Blue