5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, combat-ready mouse
The first thing you notice is how heavy the mouse is (which to me is a sign of sturdiness and all of the gadgetry and components inside it) plus the fact that the cable is very long and covered in cloth.

Published 14 months ago by H Jackson

3.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse until....
Great mouse, same software package as the G13 making it very easy to set up the two together.

Has developed a double click fault that is intermittent and very frustrating. Will go back to Razer not because its a better mouse (Its not) but because it is more reliable.
Published 6 months ago by T L Banes

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, combat-ready mouse, 26 Oct 2013
H Jackson (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse - White (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Performance-wise, the mouse can't be faulted. I play a fair amount of WoW and I experienced no problems with the mouse. It took me a few minutes to get used to the weight of the mouse (it's a little heavier than my previous mouse) and the additional height of the mouse (it's slightly higher than mouses I've used before), but I stopped noticing either of these features fairly quickly.

The thumb buttons are taking a little getting used to. I've been using the mouse for about a week now and am still not used to finding the right button straightaway, but I'm getting there and I can see that when I start using them more out of reflex then they will be massively beneficial.

The customisable colours on the mouse are fun. I haven't personally yet set up different profiles, but the fact that you can do so for different games is an added bonus.

One thing I would say: like many mouses, this is designed for a RIGHT HANDED PERSON. You need to use your right thumb to operate the thumb panel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for everything, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse - White (Accessory)
This review will be fairly long so I'll start with a list of pros and cons if you don't want to read it.

Pros-
Mechanical Buttons
Braided cable
Well designed placement
Easy to use software
Can switch between using the 3 onboard profiles or profiles locked to programs. (all fully customisable)

Cons-
White
Hard to hold comfortably if you use a claw grip

Great for almost anything. While gaming mice are designed with a particular genre of games in mind I have come to rely on the extra buttons for everything from browsing the internet (back, foreward, new tab, bookmark etc) to image editing (copy, paste, shortcuts for tools etc) and of course for gaming.

Grip:
When I first got the mouse I found the width a little awkward, I alternate between a claw grip (arched fingers) lifting the mouse regularly and a palm grip (hand flat over the mouse). It is designed for palming so is fairly comfortable when doing so although the back right of the mouse could do with being a bit higher. I have altered the way I claw the mouse by holding my pinky straight down the side grip so that it is more comfortable and easier to grip.

Buttons:
The left hand panel of 12 buttons is surprisingly easy to feel what button you are pressing. Gaming wise I find it particularly helpful for Mobas and RPGs. They are also mechanical so are much better quality than what Razer usually use.

On top there is an extra button to the right of your right mouse button which lies under the pinky. I am terrible for twitch clicking so I disable that button in everything except Smite (In which case it acts as a shift key to change cast spell to learn spell while held)

The mouse wheel can be clicked down,left or right. This is especially useful while web browsing although you do have to be careful not to accidentally knock it left (page back) while middle clicking (open link in new tab)

There are a further 2 buttons slightly back from the mouse wheel, I believe they are by default DPI switches. (if you don't know what that is it changes how fast the mouse moves onscreen) If you are using onboard profiles I suggest changing G8 (the lower of the 2) to profile switch and unless you are doing something which needs different levels of sensitivity (drawing, sniping in an FPS) you might as well use the other button for something else (Smite or League of legends it makes a good B)

You can also set a "G-shift" button which is basically a shift key to allow you to set 2 functions to every button in a single profile. That means it can potentially act as 38 different buttons per profile if you are crazy enough to try it.

Software:
The software had to be downloaded from the Logitech website but is simple to use and ironically I just caused it to crash while double checking the feature layout. That has never happened before though so this was a freak occurance.
The home screen will give the option to switch between onboard memory or automatic game detection.

I'll start with onboard memory.
Selecting customize (it uses American English) presents you with a side and a top view of the mouse with button functions displayed by the corresponding buttons. Hovering over a button shows a blue chevron(V) in a black box. This will give you the options for setting the buttons.

Buttons can be set for mouse functions, keyboard keys and even have macros recorded (a sequence of keys). If you go to edit a button which has for example Alt+F4 you will need to click "clear" to remove Alt before editing. This also applies to some other buttons like shift and ctrl.
If you use game detection you can scan your computer for known games or locate the .exe files manually. Known games will also have buttons pre-defined by default in game function listed to the left which you can drag and drop onto a mouse button(Dota2 for example dropping Ability 1 onto G9 would make that button Q)
The lights will by default cycle through colours but can be customised. This is particularly handy with onboard memory to check which profile is selected.

Cable:
The mouse has a braided cable. Supposedly this is done in high end mice and keyboards to prevent interference but honestly I've never had trouble with interference in regular cables and the odd device which has recieved interference (speakers) has been caused inside the case or from the back panel. What I have found however is that the braided cable is less prone to twisting/curling and more durable.

Looks:
Last but not least the visuals. The mouse is white. I bought the white version because it was cheaper but would have certainly preferred black. White plastic stains easily and while it is easy to bleach I am fully aware that down the line the sun will turn it yellow. The design is simple and looks good (like something out of portal) and who doesn't like things to have pretty lights in the buttons.

I hope this is of help to anybody having as much trouble deciding on a gaming mouse as I did.
I tried a few in the shops before ordering and my personal opinion on the main ones I looked at is Madcatz mice are uncomfortable, Razer have poor build quality while Logitech and Corsair have good quality mice. I would have preferred the Corsair M95 but cost was a major factor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase - no regrets., 24 Sep 2014
A. Klein - See all my reviews
As a previous owner of several razer naga MMO mice, I'd had enough of having to replace them when they died over and over, so I went for a different brand.
I bought my Logitech G600 a good couple of years ago, and have since bought another for my husband to use.
I was pleasantly surprised, having had the afore mentioned brand dying after 3-9 months, on a few occasions - my two year old G600 is still running as well as the day I purchased it.
Now, for a technophobe that loves gaming, this is a lovely piece of kit. Easy to start using, and I found it easy to modify the keys to what I wanted them to be. My personal preference is to use the top 3 as modifier keys ctrl/alt/shift, to stop all that painful keyboard reaching as my healer character has an awful lot of keybinds to use. The others were set up in various ways, with more commonly used skills on the easier to reach buttons.
I found once I got used to an MMO mouse, my performance in raids was much smoother, and my reaction time very much quicker - however, I don't advise that you go into a difficult raid with this until you've got used to handling it. It takes a few hours usage to become comfortable with it, but is well worth the effort in the end.
I find it sits well in the hand, and it's rare for me to get hand strain even though I have been known to game for many hours straight when I've had the time to do so. Someone with larger hands MAY find it tougher to negotiate the buttons,

One problem I do have with this mouse - but that I also had with the naga - the buttons can get quite dirty and it's a pain to clean them - but that's the only downside.

All in all it's a solid, reliably good mouse that once mastered really improves your gaming experience.

Oh and, for any Gamer girls out there - your nails won't get in the way at all! (got to get the really important stuff in here, right?)

4.0 out of 5 stars The mouse is rather comfortable and my grip has quite easily and quickly slid ..., 15 Dec 2014
This review is from: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse - White (Accessory)
I bought the G600 as an upgrade to the other basic £5-10 mice I'd usually get because of an increasing involvement with MMO's, and they would just not be able to cut it. After a large amount of research (mainly between this model and the Naga) I chose this mouse.
I have yet to regret buying it. The mouse is rather comfortable and my grip has quite easily and quickly slid into an efficient position in which I can game, the buttons (of which I initially speculated to be rather fiddly) where actually within easy reach of the thumb. The main love I have with this mouse...the g-shift button, which increases the use of the functions twofold.
My grievances are few however. The top three buttons of the 12-button pad I do not use whatsoever, but this is mostly due to my inability to be able to keep track of where my thumb is if I do not keep the g16 as the primary thumb button. The only other problem is the software that comes with the mouse. I am unsure whether it be a problem with my computer or the mouse, but the program will often not respond or even open upon activation. When accounts on the computer have switched, I would have to shut off the computer in order to get the mouse working into its proper mode, which can be incredibly annoying.
Apart from that, which may be entirely due to my own inability, I have loved using this mouse and would gladly buy another one should it ever run its course in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse, prone to hand marks., 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse - White (Accessory)
It's a good mouse, reliable and sturdy, I debated buying the razer naga 2014 mouse but happy I decided to go with this one and it was nice and easy to transition to as both mouses are pretty much the same, I do however wish I hadn't had chosen the white version as it shows hand marks after a long gaming session and I find it annoying having to scrub the mouse to make it look new and not worn out, the LED lighting optimization is brilliant, it means you can optimize the mouse to have the same color that dominates your setup, nothing worse than having 3-4 items in blue LED buy having some ugly red LED mouse trying to blend in!

4/5 stars, would definitely buy again in the darker color!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse for MOBAs, 16 Nov 2014
As someone who mainly plays DOTA 2, i can safely say its one of the best of its kind in the market. The Logitech software is very easy to use and you can customise every single key, the colour and the sensitivity and even use the third clickable button to work as shift which practically doubles the number of buttons !

The only thing wrong with this wonderful mouse is that the side numerical buttons are kind of hard to press compared to the razer naga 2013 or 2014 models which use mechanical buttons but its price significantly lower than those mouses.

5.0 out of 5 stars After having 2 Razer Naga's fail on me this year (Razer Naga Molten and new 2014 Edition), 19 Dec 2014

I decided to buy a Logitech G600 and i am super glad i did, it is such a comfortable mouse and feels so much more well built than any Razer mouse i have tried. I always use to use Logitech and i have no idea why i made the switch to Razer. I will never make that mistake again.

I actually bought two of these, one for home and one for that office i love it that much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Well With My Mac, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse - White (Accessory)
Its a brilliant mouse, makes everything quicker to do. Now I use mine for Illustrator and playing a few games on mac, the problem with this mouse on mac is that the logitech software is not compatible with OSX but there is a way around it. I found a piece of software called USB Overdrive x For mac, it allows you to modify key on the mouse for system shortcuts, try it if you like ---> http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/7115/usb-overdrive-x oh its also FREE

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is great and it was one of the models with the correct firmware on it., 1 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 17 Dec 2014
Perfect size for my hand; very comfortable to hold, especially for long periods of time.

Sooo many buttons! Hard to get used to but I still think they're great :)

Side button light up with a large selection of colours and lighting options, including brightness, and pulsing effects :D

Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse - White