Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I would say I am quite a bit more than a casual gamer, but probably not what you would call totally hardcore - I currently play Guildwars 2 most evenings and spend most of that time in Word vs World (a form of multiple player vs player).

I have a pretty high spec gaming PC that I built myself and I had been using a Razer Deathadder mouse that I was very happy with. I personally much prefer a corded rather than a wireless mouse for gaming.

This mouse has a very different feel to the Deathadder - It feels heavier and the buttons feel more "clicky". Neither of these things is really a bad point, it's just a matter of personal taste.

In use it feels quick and accurate and has the ability to change the DPI on the fly - something I don't personally use.

What I do use though are the extra side buttons that are fully programmable. I've set up one for area looting and one to bring up the world map, but you can of course programme full macro functions.

The Logitech software is quite nice, especially if you have more than one Logitech gaming product (I am also using the G510 Keyboard)

My only minor criticism of the mouse is that it does not have a braided cord like my Deathadder did. That is a minor thing I know, but it does in my opinion make this feel like a cheaper product.

Overall: 4 stars - A nice quick and relatively inexpensive corded gaming mouse with some fully programmable buttons.
on 30 October 2014
I've had them all; Razer, Steelseries, Zowie, Corsair, CM. Personally for me, nothing comes even close to how good this mouse is overall for games that require a lot of precision. When using the native DPI of 800 and adjusting your mouse sensitivity based on that @ 500/1k polling this mouse is very accurate and has no tracking issues at all coupled with a Steelseries qck+ mouse mat. It's very comfortable in the hand and has some anti-sweat material on the top part of the mouse which I like, no LED's on top of the mouse generating additional heat is good IMO.

The driver software for this mouse seems pretty good and allows you to quite a lot with the 5 buttons on the mouse, something I didn't even realise when I bought it. You can assign DPI cycling commands to the buttons or assign keys from the keyboard to them. I still default to a Razer Naga for World of Warcraft though, I prefer having the extra buttons.

If you're looking at this mouse for FPS/moba games that require precision/accurate tracking and comfort just BUY THIS, seriously. The newer Logitech models cant compete with the awesome simplicity of this mouse, once you start adding weights, changing the ergonomics and adding cumbersome buttons it loses all if it's positive qualities!
on 10 September 2014
Great mouse which is thankfully devoid of all the unnecessary bells and whistles that seem to be obligatory on "gaming" mice nowadays. There's no weird extra functions, LED underlighting, customisable weights or anything like that - just a well-built mouse with two easily accessible thumb buttons, and three extra buttons for DPI control (increase, decrease, and reset to default) situated in the middle where they're easily to reach when you want them but not in the way. The buttons all give a decent amount of resistance so you won't click them by accident but not so much that it's an effort to use, the scroll wheel has very well-defined clicks so you won't accidentally over-scroll. It tracks smoothly and glides around nicely on most surfaces, and it has a good long USB cable so you won't keep getting caught up on things while you use it. And it works perfectly straight out of the box with no need to install any additional software or mess around with key bindings.

If you're after a good quality mouse that just works without getting too fancy about it, this is a great choice.
VINE VOICEon 25 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this mouse to replace my Logitech MX518, which I'd used happily for years. This is a very similar shape, almost identical just with some extra 'go faster' stripes on the mouse buttons. It feels much more responsive than the previous Logitech mouse. The button layout is the same as the MX518, too. The two built-in speed adjustment buttons don't seem very fine-grained: if you press one it's very easy to swap from zooming uncontrollably to moving the mouse pointer far too slowly, but it's not too difficult to find the right setting. Overall very responsive and comfortable to use for long periods.

Away from the computer, the mouse itself is quite light, although it has a good, long cable so that you can get it up to a high speed when whirling it around your head to fling at intruders. You do have to be careful of hitting the walls, ceiling and any pets. I have already fended off several attackers wielding flick-open USB keys both at home and the office, although I still steer clear of anyone carrying an Apple Magic Trackpad: The impact of a mouse such as this on one of those surfaces just causes your opponent to zoom in, or sometimes display the desktop.
0Comment24 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2014
I was in the market for a new mouse purely for FPS gaming, I spent a lot of time searching the internet for peoples opinions and reviews etc and it was not an easy choice. I have large sized hands and i sit somewhere in between palm and claw grip. This mouse has been great on long sessions and tracks very well on any surface. Can tweak lots of settings and set up custom application profiles via logitech software. I don't think this mouse would suit anybody with small hands as your ring finger (well mine) sits on top of the mouse.

Overall i couldn't be happier and i am glad i chose this model over the razer deathadder, similar corsair mice and so on.
on 27 October 2015
After being initially dubious about this mouse, and taking a little while to get used to it, I can say that after a year of using it, I would fully recommend it.

I'm a fairly hardcore gamer, I play a lot of most types of game, including high precision games such as CS:GO and LoL. This mouse is very precise, and I don't feel like it holds me back at all in either of these games.

It's very comfortable, although the shape can take a little while to get used to. The DPI switches are places fairly sensibly, out of the way but within reach when needed. The buttons on the side are nice, however I don't find myself using them all that much; the main use I've found for them is binding other key presses to them to make it more convenient. For example, I bound 'forwards' + 'heavy attack' with a small delay to execute a jumping attack in Dark Souls.

The feel of the mouse is a sort of soft plastic with smooth, slightly rubbery sides (the black sections in the picture). Unlike a lot of mice I've used, all the colouring etc is still in tact even after many months of use. It's also easy to take apart (by a screw on the underside, this does void any warranties) and clean (if needed).

The software that Logitech provides to work with this mouse is easy to use and highly customisable, you can set up dpi and button profiles for different games. Setting up macros is pretty easy, you don't need any extensive knowledge of computer workings to do it. You can have a maximum of 5 different dpi settings for each profile, and the X and Y sensitivities can be independent of each other. If you set polling rate to 1000, the mouse feels quite a bit more accurate.

Of course it's not as complex or customisable as some of the very expensive mice from companies like Steelseries or Razer, however at this price bracket it's one of the best mice I've used, and more than good enough to be your main gaming mouse for a long period of time.
on 4 December 2015
I loved the old G400, and I love this. I use a palm grip, low mouse sensitivity, and a Steelseries Qck Heavy mouse pad (which I would absolutely recommend).

The good:
The shape is still amazing for palm gripping, the sensor is still good, the buttons are still ergonomically positioned and still feel satisfying to use. The texturing on top of the mouse gives more grip, and is a welcome addition.
The biggest difference between this and the old G400 is the reinforced cable. For a low-sensitivity gamer, this is actually a really big deal - I'm not sure exactly how many times I had to replace the G400, but it was a lot. I haven't needed to replace my G400s once so far.
Regardless of any criticisms I might have, this is still the best mouse I've ever used.

The bad:
All that being said, the dpi buttons are still stupidly placed. If you bind your scroll-wheel for use in-game, you will ocassionally accidentally change your sensitivity and that presents a pretty huge problem when it happens. This is really really dumb, and there's no easy way to disable those buttons. I hope that this is solved with the next iteration, but I somehow doubt that it will be.
The logo on the back of the mouse also eventually rubs off with use, but that's a relatively minor problem. It's not like anyone is buying this mouse for its looks anyway.
VINE VOICEon 19 September 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having had multiple Logitech mice to compare to other branded brethren, I will say straight away that there their ergonomics are always a strong point,
be it a ultraportable for laptops to a multi button gaming affair.

This falls right in the middle of the two extremes. Pro gamers will pass this one by for relative lack of programmable butons but the feel and the response are all there. The 8 buttons that are available ARE programmable with propietary software allowing macros. Non-gamers should not scoff- the scope for repetitive tasks can be cut down dramatically to a click.

Logitech's refresh for 2012-13 made the G family distinctive with the new surface. The palm and finger contacts are grippy and there is a feeling of total control. It is simple and elegant. The side buttons are never clicked in a natural position unless you want them to. The G instead of the Logitech logo adds to the impression of gaming credentials.

My gripe for this particular mouse is the sudden extreme DPI jump out of the box: 400,800, 2000 then 4000.

Having gone through a number of mice, I would say if you were looking for a good baseline, get a Logitech. Going elsewhere is a matter of preference and feel, and its been a long time where I have been to a shop which had a mouse play pen.
on 9 December 2013
I like to play computer games but I wouldn't consider myself a serious gamer. Having said that, I do like to have a comfortable, responsive mouse with more than just the usual two buttons.
This mouse replaced a well used and liked Logitech MX510 which had been clicked to death after several faithful years of service.

I've only had it a couple of weeks but I'm happy with it and find it as comfortable as the item it replaces.
on 8 June 2014
well, its a great mouse. there's a reason this mouse made the list "the only acceptable gaming mice", and the g400s is everything you want in a mouse.

it does come with some "cons"; the software is bad. the mouse is great but in my opinion, the deathadder beats it. this might vary depending on what mousepad you own. the feet are strange. the "rested DPI" button only works with SetPoint installed.

But if you want accurate tracking, and limitless maxspeed, yeah, its great. So which mouse shoudl you get, this or the DA ?
I say get both. The G400s is WAY more comfortable than the DA; the DA has that solid feeling (it weights more) to help me during accurate sniper shots.

I think, depending on the game you are playing, you might want one or the other. The way i see it, this is essentially a *much better* abyssus (with 2 more buttons). Its not as ood as the DA, but it might have its uses in some situations.

Its still a 5 star mouse, and its not even expensive.