5.0 out of 5 stars A responsive and comfortable mouse
Published 8 months ago by Simon Fraser

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse but shoddy workmanship
It does what it says, and is good for gaming and feels very comfortable. However, it is shown that it does have shoddy manufacturing. The wires are not done properly and resulted in it breaking soon. Mileage may vary
Published 20 days ago by Keneshiro

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A responsive and comfortable mouse, 25 July 2013
Simon Fraser (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this mouse to replace my Logitech MX518, which I'd used happily for years. This is a very similar shape, almost identical just with some extra 'go faster' stripes on the mouse buttons. It feels much more responsive than the previous Logitech mouse. The button layout is the same as the MX518, too. The two built-in speed adjustment buttons don't seem very fine-grained: if you press one it's very easy to swap from zooming uncontrollably to moving the mouse pointer far too slowly, but it's not too difficult to find the right setting. Overall very responsive and comfortable to use for long periods.

Away from the computer, the mouse itself is quite light, although it has a good, long cable so that you can get it up to a high speed when whirling it around your head to fling at intruders. You do have to be careful of hitting the walls, ceiling and any pets. I have already fended off several attackers wielding flick-open USB keys both at home and the office, although I still steer clear of anyone carrying an Apple Magic Trackpad: The impact of a mouse such as this on one of those surfaces just causes your opponent to zoom in, or sometimes display the desktop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality mouse!, 26 Dec 2013
Ben S. (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I'm currently using this mouse for PC gaming, which I'm fairly new to. I'm not clued up on DPI's or anything like that but what I can say is that this product is comfortable, very responsive and has helped my gaming significantly.

One thing I would take into consideration is whether you use your full hand or just your wrist to move your mouse, as this product I feel is more suitable to users who use their whole hand to control the mouse. I hadn't taken this into consideration before buying this but have had no issues changing from using my wrist to my whole hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech improved on perfection., 14 July 2013
Mr. K. C. Ng "victornkc" (ABZ, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I had the G400 myself. Bought the G400s for my friend's birthday.

3 year warranty is a huge plus. Not to mention logitech quotes a durability of "2 million clicks". One of the boldest claims of mouse durability. In terms of durability this blows all the other top gaming mouse brands out. The mouse feels solid to the grip.

The new surface of the mouse feels excellent.

Thumb grip and huge size allows the palm to fully rest on the mouse. One of the most comfortable mouse out there.

Comes with Logitech gaming software available to allow users to fully customize the mouse DPI, key setting, and even macros. Easily manageable.

Value for money, excellent!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars G400s for gaming, 20 May 2013
Usage
To know anything about a review I think the usage is really important. Some mice that are great for RTS might not be so good for FPS and vice versa. Mostly I play FPS, my main game being Quake Live. I have other games also like Battlefield and COD but I always seem to come back to Quake Live since I like the gameplay and the community we have is great.

My previous mice - some points of reference
Microsoft Habu - My first gaming mouse. Used it for years, it felt a bit shaky. I did like it's shape. Only after this mouse I started to concentrate on my sensitivity settings which has helped me a lot.
Logitech G500 - Loved it but only used it for 2 weeks. After a while my fingers started itching because of the metallic wheel which I was allergic to so I went to try out other mice. Had bought it from a store which allowed 1 month return even for used items.
Razer Deathadder - After 2 days of use, I felt like my wrist was broken, couldn't return it so had to sell it. Not a bad mouse but not for me.
Logitech MX518 - Used it for around 1 year. The shape was great. The only problem for me was the logo where your palm rests, I got some allergy from it after a while. I cut the plastic packaging the mouse came in to cover it and the mouse buttons, gave better grip than MX518 but was a bit ugly. After 1 year it started acting up so I got myself G400 from warranty.
Logitech G400 - First thing I did with this mouse was to remove the logo - I took a knife and removed it. Had a lot of glue under it, was a bit of a pain to get it off of the mouse. Used it for around 1 year before a button started acting up (not sure what was the problem). Called warranty, asked what I could do to fix it and they sent me my G400s.

Logitech G400s
Loving it. As with G400 I had to remove the logo right after starting to use it, but this time it had way less glue and it didn't stick to the mouse at all after removing which was a plus. If you need to remove it (and don't care about possibly leaving one really little dent), just grab a knife, wedge it under the logo and just press the knife down so that the logo pops out. No problems at all.

Also now I have the same great grip I had with my "customized" MX518 - the coating of this mouse is great. With this mouse and a huge mousepad I can happily use the mouse with low sensitivity settings without having to worry about wrist pain.

Another bad thing besides the logo I had to take away are the DPI buttons. I use constant 800 DPI everywhere since I like how that works in windows and can change my games to work with that. The DPI down button is placed close to the mouse wheel so I sometimes accidentally press it messing up my game for a while, but that was easily fixed by the official driver software available. I changed the DPI down button to my mumble/teamspeak/skype talk button, DPI up button to toggleable "clicker" (keeps clicking mouse 1), edited so that it only has 2 DPI modes (400 and 800) and made the default DPI button (lowest one of the small circle buttons) to cycle between them.

The looks
At first I thought the mouse looked a bit bad but after seeing it on my mousepad which does have some colors, it fits.

Durability
It feels as durable as the previous iterations. It seems Logitech has decided to make the durability even a bit better - there's a support for the cord, 1-2cm long rubber around the cord where it leaves the mouse. I've heard the cord of earlier models have given up, although I haven't noticed it at all, but added durability is always a plus.

Performance
I wouldn't be using this mouse if I didn't trust it. The sensor feels great, haven't had any trouble with it. My cm/360 (amount you have to move the mouse in order to turn) is 36 so I've found out that there are quite some mice that handle that quite badly.

Conclusion
I've owned some of the most popular mice out there and tried out other mice not worth mentioning as well. This mouse is so far my favorite. Good shape, good coating, feels really durable, has thumb buttons (total of 8 customizable buttons), better cord can get a nice driver software if want (works fine without it) and it does look pretty good on my table. Placement of the DPI button was a bit of a minus for me, but not a problem with the driver. Also I would love if they removed the logo, just went with a look like G500 which is beautiful.

I can easily recommend this mouse. Just remember that I don't believe there is one mouse that fits every hand and every game.

[After a while]
The DPI button wasn't good for push to talk - the button doesn't seem to stay down, only seems to be good for clicking, not keeping it down. Other than that I've not had any problems with the mouse during the 2 months I've been using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mouse., 9 Dec 2013
Hemzy (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I like to play computer games but I wouldn't consider myself a serious gamer. Having said that, I do like to have a comfortable, responsive mouse with more than just the usual two buttons.
This mouse replaced a well used and liked Logitech MX510 which had been clicked to death after several faithful years of service.

I've only had it a couple of weeks but I'm happy with it and find it as comfortable as the item it replaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy MX518 Replacement, 15 Dec 2013
Karvala - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
If, like many, you have owned a Logitech MX518 mouse for a good few years, which you're happy with but is beginning to show it's age, then this is the ideal replacement. It has the same shape as the MX518, so if you're comfortable with that, you'll be comfortable with this. It also has the same buttons in the same locations and the same wheel action; in fact on the face it of it you'd think it was an MX518 with a paint job.

There are a couple of important differences under the hood, though. First, the resolution has improved from 1800dpi right up to 4000dpi in this model. You can still choose whatever value suits you within that range (now fully customisable, so you can literally enter whatever number you want using the Logitech Gaming Software). Second, it is both lighter and smoother - there is no stuck-on label or questionable rubber feet on the bottom anymore, just some built-in larger plastic pads designed for smooth movement.

All told, if you want to replace your aging MX518 with something that looks and feels similar, but with a little added smoothness and responsiveness, then this is ideal. It's not bargain basement cheap, but not ludicrously overpriced either. Add in a 3-year 2-million click guarantee and you'll be happy with what you bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse for shooter games., 9 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
So far I'm liking this mouse a little more than my old G5. It feels like it tracks better & I feel like I'm more accurate in shooters now. The extra thumb button over the G5 is nice too.

5.0 out of 5 stars works just as well as some of the razor mouses, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Great mouse works perfectly and in my opinion theres no need to spend 100s of pounds on a different branded mouses (we all no who im on about ;p)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse but shoddy workmanship, 1 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I bought this for my son who is a serious pc gamer. He did have a razer mouse but it broke. He choose this one because he had read good reviews. He is really pleased with it and thinks it is brilliant value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›