4.0 out of 5 stars Responsive and relatively inexpensive
I would say I am quite a bit more than a casual gamer, but probably not what you would call totally hardcore - I currently play Guildwars 2 most evenings and spend most of that time in Word vs World (a form of multiple player vs player).

Published 23 months ago by Shaun Horrigan

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality
Published 6 months ago by Gman

4.0 out of 5 stars Responsive and relatively inexpensive, 11 Aug. 2013
Shaun Horrigan "Shaun" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I have a pretty high spec gaming PC that I built myself and I had been using a Razer Deathadder mouse that I was very happy with. I personally much prefer a corded rather than a wireless mouse for gaming.

This mouse has a very different feel to the Deathadder - It feels heavier and the buttons feel more "clicky". Neither of these things is really a bad point, it's just a matter of personal taste.

In use it feels quick and accurate and has the ability to change the DPI on the fly - something I don't personally use.

What I do use though are the extra side buttons that are fully programmable. I've set up one for area looting and one to bring up the world map, but you can of course programme full macro functions.

The Logitech software is quite nice, especially if you have more than one Logitech gaming product (I am also using the G510 Keyboard)

My only minor criticism of the mouse is that it does not have a braided cord like my Deathadder did. That is a minor thing I know, but it does in my opinion make this feel like a cheaper product.

Overall: 4 stars - A nice quick and relatively inexpensive corded gaming mouse with some fully programmable buttons.

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing comes even close to how good this mouse is overall for games that require a ..., 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I've had them all; Razer, Steelseries, Zowie, Corsair, CM. Personally for me, nothing comes even close to how good this mouse is overall for games that require a lot of precision. When using the native DPI of 800 and adjusting your mouse sensitivity based on that @ 500/1k polling this mouse is very accurate and has no tracking issues at all coupled with a Steelseries qck+ mouse mat. It's very comfortable in the hand and has some anti-sweat material on the top part of the mouse which I like, no LED's on top of the mouse generating additional heat is good IMO.

The driver software for this mouse seems pretty good and allows you to quite a lot with the 5 buttons on the mouse, something I didn't even realise when I bought it. You can assign DPI cycling commands to the buttons or assign keys from the keyboard to them. I still default to a Razer Naga for World of Warcraft though, I prefer having the extra buttons.

If you're looking at this mouse for FPS/moba games that require precision/accurate tracking and comfort just BUY THIS, seriously. The newer Logitech models cant compete with the awesome simplicity of this mouse, once you start adding weights, changing the ergonomics and adding cumbersome buttons it loses all if it's positive qualities!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse with no added nonsense, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Great mouse which is thankfully devoid of all the unnecessary bells and whistles that seem to be obligatory on "gaming" mice nowadays. There's no weird extra functions, LED underlighting, customisable weights or anything like that - just a well-built mouse with two easily accessible thumb buttons, and three extra buttons for DPI control (increase, decrease, and reset to default) situated in the middle where they're easily to reach when you want them but not in the way. The buttons all give a decent amount of resistance so you won't click them by accident but not so much that it's an effort to use, the scroll wheel has very well-defined clicks so you won't accidentally over-scroll. It tracks smoothly and glides around nicely on most surfaces, and it has a good long USB cable so you won't keep getting caught up on things while you use it. And it works perfectly straight out of the box with no need to install any additional software or mess around with key bindings.

If you're after a good quality mouse that just works without getting too fancy about it, this is a great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A responsive and comfortable mouse, 25 July 2013
Simon Fraser (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this mouse to replace my Logitech MX518, which I'd used happily for years. This is a very similar shape, almost identical just with some extra 'go faster' stripes on the mouse buttons. It feels much more responsive than the previous Logitech mouse. The button layout is the same as the MX518, too. The two built-in speed adjustment buttons don't seem very fine-grained: if you press one it's very easy to swap from zooming uncontrollably to moving the mouse pointer far too slowly, but it's not too difficult to find the right setting. Overall very responsive and comfortable to use for long periods.

Away from the computer, the mouse itself is quite light, although it has a good, long cable so that you can get it up to a high speed when whirling it around your head to fling at intruders. You do have to be careful of hitting the walls, ceiling and any pets. I have already fended off several attackers wielding flick-open USB keys both at home and the office, although I still steer clear of anyone carrying an Apple Magic Trackpad: The impact of a mouse such as this on one of those surfaces just causes your opponent to zoom in, or sometimes display the desktop.

5.0 out of 5 stars I spent a lot of time searching the internet for peoples opinions and reviews etc and it was not an easy choice. I have large si, 14 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I was in the market for a new mouse purely for FPS gaming, I spent a lot of time searching the internet for peoples opinions and reviews etc and it was not an easy choice. I have large sized hands and i sit somewhere in between palm and claw grip. This mouse has been great on long sessions and tracks very well on any surface. Can tweak lots of settings and set up custom application profiles via logitech software. I don't think this mouse would suit anybody with small hands as your ring finger (well mine) sits on top of the mouse.

Overall i couldn't be happier and i am glad i chose this model over the razer deathadder, similar corsair mice and so on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mouse., 9 Dec. 2013
Hemzy (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I like to play computer games but I wouldn't consider myself a serious gamer. Having said that, I do like to have a comfortable, responsive mouse with more than just the usual two buttons.
This mouse replaced a well used and liked Logitech MX510 which had been clicked to death after several faithful years of service.

I've only had it a couple of weeks but I'm happy with it and find it as comfortable as the item it replaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars G400s for gaming, 20 May 2013
Usage
To know anything about a review I think the usage is really important. Some mice that are great for RTS might not be so good for FPS and vice versa. Mostly I play FPS, my main game being Quake Live. I have other games also like Battlefield and COD but I always seem to come back to Quake Live since I like the gameplay and the community we have is great.

My previous mice - some points of reference
Microsoft Habu - My first gaming mouse. Used it for years, it felt a bit shaky. I did like it's shape. Only after this mouse I started to concentrate on my sensitivity settings which has helped me a lot.
Logitech G500 - Loved it but only used it for 2 weeks. After a while my fingers started itching because of the metallic wheel which I was allergic to so I went to try out other mice. Had bought it from a store which allowed 1 month return even for used items.
Razer Deathadder - After 2 days of use, I felt like my wrist was broken, couldn't return it so had to sell it. Not a bad mouse but not for me.
Logitech MX518 - Used it for around 1 year. The shape was great. The only problem for me was the logo where your palm rests, I got some allergy from it after a while. I cut the plastic packaging the mouse came in to cover it and the mouse buttons, gave better grip than MX518 but was a bit ugly. After 1 year it started acting up so I got myself G400 from warranty.
Logitech G400 - First thing I did with this mouse was to remove the logo - I took a knife and removed it. Had a lot of glue under it, was a bit of a pain to get it off of the mouse. Used it for around 1 year before a button started acting up (not sure what was the problem). Called warranty, asked what I could do to fix it and they sent me my G400s.

Logitech G400s
Loving it. As with G400 I had to remove the logo right after starting to use it, but this time it had way less glue and it didn't stick to the mouse at all after removing which was a plus. If you need to remove it (and don't care about possibly leaving one really little dent), just grab a knife, wedge it under the logo and just press the knife down so that the logo pops out. No problems at all.

Also now I have the same great grip I had with my "customized" MX518 - the coating of this mouse is great. With this mouse and a huge mousepad I can happily use the mouse with low sensitivity settings without having to worry about wrist pain.

Another bad thing besides the logo I had to take away are the DPI buttons. I use constant 800 DPI everywhere since I like how that works in windows and can change my games to work with that. The DPI down button is placed close to the mouse wheel so I sometimes accidentally press it messing up my game for a while, but that was easily fixed by the official driver software available. I changed the DPI down button to my mumble/teamspeak/skype talk button, DPI up button to toggleable "clicker" (keeps clicking mouse 1), edited so that it only has 2 DPI modes (400 and 800) and made the default DPI button (lowest one of the small circle buttons) to cycle between them.

The looks
At first I thought the mouse looked a bit bad but after seeing it on my mousepad which does have some colors, it fits.

Durability
It feels as durable as the previous iterations. It seems Logitech has decided to make the durability even a bit better - there's a support for the cord, 1-2cm long rubber around the cord where it leaves the mouse. I've heard the cord of earlier models have given up, although I haven't noticed it at all, but added durability is always a plus.

Performance
I wouldn't be using this mouse if I didn't trust it. The sensor feels great, haven't had any trouble with it. My cm/360 (amount you have to move the mouse in order to turn) is 36 so I've found out that there are quite some mice that handle that quite badly.

Conclusion
I've owned some of the most popular mice out there and tried out other mice not worth mentioning as well. This mouse is so far my favorite. Good shape, good coating, feels really durable, has thumb buttons (total of 8 customizable buttons), better cord can get a nice driver software if want (works fine without it) and it does look pretty good on my table. Placement of the DPI button was a bit of a minus for me, but not a problem with the driver. Also I would love if they removed the logo, just went with a look like G500 which is beautiful.

I can easily recommend this mouse. Just remember that I don't believe there is one mouse that fits every hand and every game.

[After a while]
The DPI button wasn't good for push to talk - the button doesn't seem to stay down, only seems to be good for clicking, not keeping it down. Other than that I've not had any problems with the mouse during the 2 months I've been using it.

4.0 out of 5 stars All round good performance and feel, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
I forgot how nice it was to have a comfortable mouse until I bought this product. Up until now I have been using a tiny kingston laptop mouse which had me using the mouse with a claw hand and making my wrist do all of the work. Switching up to a larger mouse definitely feels better, especially if you are into gaming. This mouse has a pleasant shape to fit your hands with comfort and encourages a more relaxing grip than something smaller. It doesn't have too many buttons, the bumpers are satisfying and the mouse wheel is very smooth. A solid all round mouse with great performance and a relatively light weight. Probably not the best mouse if you have small hands however

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Logitech still has a flaw (after many years and various models) with it's left and right buttons where if you live in a humid environment static charge builds up and clicks either don't register or register several times I live in Ireland and now it's winter (6 months after purchase) this mouse is practically unusable had to bind left click to another button. Also good luck with warranty if you have bought from a third party on amazon. This was my 5th and last Logitech mouse in 5 years it's a pity their build quality is so poor as I really liked the shape.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but feels flimsy, 7 Oct. 2014
A. Fogg (North West UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse (Personal Computers)
Not bad, but feels flimsy. Rattles a bit when moved around. Doesn't feel especially great in my hand. Can't store a profile in ram, so you need the logitech software loaded to be able to control the DPI speeds and whatever. After getting used to that from the steelseries xai / sensei range, this is quite a turn off. But if you don't mind running the software constantly, it's not a bad mouse.

Logitech G400s Optical Gaming Mouse