on 3 April 2014
Don't be fooled in to thinking a sound bar is the newest and greatest must have thing in audio. It is a compromise, a nice amplifier and separate speakers will always sound better. That said, if a sound bar fits your needs then this one is very stylish and sounds quite good. It arrived two days after ordering it, it was very easy to set up and is a great improvement to the sound of my standard tv speakers. I would like to eq it manually but it only comes with presets.
on 7 August 2013
does it all, surround sound, air play , looks good, and recommended on the gadget show. there are better but at double the price, good value for this price bracket,
on 12 December 2013
A great soundbar with excellent, rich, deep sound, even in our house with wooden floor boards and an echo-y room. The unit itself is slick looking and works seamlessly with a Samsung TV with SoundShare. When you turn the TV off, the soundbar goes off too if in TV mode. Very happy with the purchase.
on 31 January 2014
Awsome sound quality,simple set-up,fantastic value too!!!!Auto connects to smart tv and auto connects when switching tv on,cannot speak highly enough of it!!
on 14 February 2014
Excellent product, easy to install connect and use. I love the extra depth of sound it delivers in all modes whether watching sport of a film.
on 24 March 2014
Who are these people who gave five stars to this useless item?

I bought this Samsung soundbar HWF751 (from a well known High Street shop) on 19th December 2013 because there was £200 cashback, as I also bought a Samsung UE55F8500 TV. The price of the soundbar was £499.99 less £200 cashback, i.e. £299.99.

After making three applications and sending reminders, I eventually received a cheque for £200 on 28th February 2014, two months later.

I connected it to my Samsung UE55F8500 TV via the digital optical cable.

The sound quality is unbearably poor, a muffled, monophonic sound, regardless of what adjustments I make. It is supposed to have seven different sound modes: music, news, drama, cinema, sports, game and OFF (original sound); they all sound the same to me.

I can increase/decrease the VOLUME of the base but cannot adjust the TONE of the base.
I can increase/decrease the overall volume.
I cannot make any adjustments to the treble or midrange sound.
I am stuck with the same monophonic tone.
When listening to music, the musical notes are more like monotones.

I have dumped this Samsung HWF751 soundbar and replaced it with a Panasonic SC-BTT880 5.1, 3D, 1000 watts, Smart Blu-ray/DVD Home Cinema costing not much more, which is ARC (audio return channel) compatible, and which I connected to the TV HDMI (ARC) input.
I can easily adjust the sound of the home cinema to exactly what I like.
I use the home cinema for playing discs as well as listening to the TV.
With ARC, I can use the TV remote control to operate both the TV and the Home cinema. When I use a small portion of the 1000 watts available output sound, I get a clear, crisp, solid sound which is very pleasing to my ears.

Don't waste your money, like I did, on a useless item, which the suppliers are pushing, when a home cinema will be multi-purpose, more adjustable to suit your preference and produce better sound quality.
on 7 January 2014
I love this sound bar because it adds yet another dimension to the already Hi-Tech TV's of today. My lounge is now full of sound effects that you do not get from the standard tv speakers! There are a few different modes you can change too, i.e. Music, Drama, Cinema etc. That is why it gave a 5* rating. I had no trouble setting it up. All I had to purchase was an optical cable (not supplied) from the tv shop plugged it in and away I went. It depends on you make of tv as to whether you need an optical cable.I now can hear the fantastic sounds from all of my films on DVD's. I did get excellent service from the seller Reliant Direct.
I would recommend it
on 8 April 2016
Highly recommended
on 1 June 2014
i have hearing problems so needed to boost the sound from my Samsung led tv. First attempt was an Orbit sound T9, this was an improvement but had no indication of what volume you were at, which i did find irritating because i never new if i was at full volume! i eventually decided there was not enough volume! I am unable to hear in stereo so am probably less concerned than some but i find this does everything i need and the displays tell you what is going on and it has a selection of different modes for drama, cinema music etc. Listening to music dvd's is great and even with my hearing problems the house is rocking at volume 20 of 50. I love this, it looks good and sounds great.
on 29 June 2014
Could not believe how deep and rich the sound was. Tried Sonos but much preferred the Samsung. Maybe personal preference but looks and sound are superb and match my Panasonic DT47 perfectly.