5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow
If like me you and technololology have an awkward relationship, then you probably don't respond well to instructions provided by manufacturers, that's if you even try to look at them. This is a great book for anyone making the migration to wondows 8. Everything
is explained nice and easy, and everything is illustrated. I recommend this book.
Published 11 months ago by Michael Finlayson

3.0 out of 5 stars clearly written
The book is good - though I have not worked through it all. Its main drawback is the kindle format. The book would be very much better in colour on my tablet.
Published 7 months ago by S. KIRKWOOD

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 30 April 2013
Michael Finlayson - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Migrating to Windows 8 - For computer users without a touch screen, coming from XP, Vista or Windows 7 (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A much needed book, 4 May 2013
You need a new PC, you go to the shop thinking you know all about it and find yourself faced with an interface that makes little sense to you. Why, Microsoft, why? I am a big fan of Dr Andy's writing but I am especially pleased by this book. Essential reading for anybody "upgrading" to Windows 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 Easy Starter, 4 July 2013
I. Crabb (Uk) - See all my reviews
When I got my new computer with Windows 8 I was totally confused.
Nothing was the same.
I muddled along for a couple of days and then purchased this book.
"Hey Presto" most of it makes sense.
Very useful buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving to Win 8, 23 July 2013
Mr. Michael S. Jakob "Mike Jakob" (South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
Well if you are thinking of moving then this is a must read, it answered many of the questions I had about upgrading to Win 8. It help me make the upgrade with and got me started with no fuss or bother.
For me it is a must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 needs explanation, 29 Jun 2013
leonora "alifeforbooks" (Caxias, Portugal) - See all my reviews
Windows 8 is very difficult to "migrate" to and requires clear explanations from someone who has used it and understands the difficulties we bump into.
I thought Dr. Williams did this to great effect, and in simple, understandable language. I keep it by me for whenever I Forget how to do things!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the silver surfer, 8 Jun 2013
I give this five stars because it was great value, and principally because it is so clear and easy to follow.
Did not like Windows 8 initially, and still not a great fan, however sitting with this book NAD working through the various screens was very easy to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, 17 May 2013
Joanna Williams (wales) - See all my reviews
Good well written understandable to a complete Techno dunce like me. Allows me to make sense of things and makes it easy for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy, 21 July 2013
At last some simple directions. Good for non geeks. Written in simple language that the non IT person can understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 11 Jun 2013
It is great as you can work through various aspects on your computer whilst reading the book. It is easy to follow with good illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much needed tutorial, 24 Jun 2013
Being new to Windows 8 I found myself at a complete and utter loss so downloaded this on to my Kindle. It was a great help and I still find myself dipping into it when I need to find anything out. Becoming more confident now and happy with Windows 8 thanks to this book.

ARRAY(0xac3658b8)