4.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner-intermediate joystick
Published 17 months ago by Chris

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars Logitech QA Department Fail
I bought this joystick for Elite: Dangerous as I have used very similar Logitech ones in the past (as well as other Logitech peripherals) and never had any problem with them. Barring that sad, little throttle Logitech seem fully aware that they have a winning design and can make people happy by re-releasing it with improvements.

Unfortunately that is about...
Published 2 months ago by Stephanie Sinclair

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great beginner-intermediate joystick, 13 Nov. 2013
Chris "C.Davies" (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
I used to play a hell of a lot of flight simulators or military aviation simulator's... never a game though... literally some people are that specific in these communities. Now I play the occasional game where flying takes place, battlefield being a prime example and others such as War Thunder which is (at the moment) completely aviation orientated has built in support for the extreme 3d pro - probably my primary reason for buying this. I've had other sticks in the past (cheaper ones) and it's refreshing to have a nicely weighted stick, you'd be hard pushed on a decent surface to make such violent aerobatic moves that lead to the stick itself slipping.

The build quality is something previous reviewers have been conflicted on, personally I find it OK, not exceptional, however your not paying the price that would guarantee exceptional quality. it's sturdy and will take what it's designed for. The cable is a nice decent length and the buttons are solid. As for playability it works a dream in my War Thunder matches and allows me the freedom to customise the joysticks buttons to my play style. Why not the full 5 stars? Probably as another reviewer stated, it's just not up-to the extremely high standard I've come to expect with Logitech goods, but it's not far short though. Me just being picky.

I'd definitely recommend to others who want it for the same purpose as me. If you are going to be committing more time and effort to flight simulators you'll probably have already looked at better sticks and the only reason your here is preventing a hemorrhage to the wallet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Elite Dangerous!, 4 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
I bought this to play Elite Dangerous and its perfect for the job at this price point!
Plenty of buttons, pretty good stick with yaw. It does have a slight loose feel if you're really picky which can easily be fixed with deadzone (less than a 1cm of play).

I would recommend having this stick as low as possible due to the 'ergonomic' grip. I tend to move my mouse out the way and place it next to the keyboard, which works well.

The throttle was a slightly rubbing stiff, but I used greese and it seems to have worn in now and glides smoothly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
Bought this for use with xplane on the Mac. So far so good, works really well. I'd strongly recommend. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars A joystick that actually works!, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
Many will be chasing a new joystick this year. Let me save you some trouble. Saitek/madcatz drivers are so bad they will blue screen your PC not to mention build and switch quality being poor, Thrustmaster warthog has some cheap nasty switches despite its price. This joystick does everything they do, doesn't crash windows and costs a lot less. Until someone actually makes a decent HOTAS this is where it's at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and feel, 22 Nov. 2013
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The build quality is good and I found that the joystick feels comfortable in the hand. The joystick has a nice weight and when placed on a flat service is firm and does not move around when it is being used.
It was recognised without any issues on my WIndows 8.1 computer. I have tested it with the game Tom Clancy Hawx and it was recognised as a "joystick" and once I had configured the buttons/controls it worked without any problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars Logitech QA Department Fail, 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)

Unfortunately that is about where my praise ends, I am not sure what is going on at Logitech's quality assurance department because as soon as I took my Extreme 3D Pro out of the box I noticed the pitch axis rocked and clicked like it was almost ready to snap off. Googling the problem revealed other people having precisely the same issue, some reporting it on Logitech's own message board, and some even saying the stick did eventually come off.

I returned this stick and replaced it with a Speedlink Black Widow HOTAS. Going for a noticeably cheaper alternative seemed like a gamble but it ultimately paid off, in my opinion the build quality of the Black Widow is better all around and it even feels like a more expensive stick than the Extreme 3D Pro due to its rubberised texture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not precise, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
Pros:
* Sturdy, and steady on its base
* Good fit for medium and smaller hands
* Software is much easier to use than Thrustmaster's

Cons:
* Right-hand only
* Short movement range
* Physical deadzone a bit too big, I feel

After a frustrating time with a Cyborg FLY5, this stick was a welcome relief. It is sturdy and steady on its base. The handle is smaller than my Thrustmaster 16000M and would be a better fit for anyone with medium or small hands. I did get a bit of "thumb strain" after playing for a few hours. It's quite stiff, but doesn't tip-up or move around my desk. It has shorter-range of movement than the Thrustmaster and also quite a "physical deadzone".

This stick is miles better the the FLY5, but doesn't quite match the 16000M for quality and precision. The Logitech software is a lot better than Thrustmaster's though.

(Note: my Extreme 3D Pro developed a fault which caused a noticeable left-yaw when pitching-up, and I've since returned it.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful piece of tech!, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
Product – Very nice piece of tech. Works really well with games like ARMA 2/3 and other First person shooters, (When flying). It can also be used for simulators also. It has a really nice feel to it, and you get what you pay for….

You can program the every button to what you want, and you can program the sensitivity and everything!
Also I only just found out that it Is a 3 degree axil, which means you can twist it left and right, which is incredibly handy when flying a heli. I didn’t see that info in the description, however to be honest, I barely read product descriptions haha

Delivery – Delivery was very quick and only took 3 days

Advice – I would advise you get this as it is a wonderful piece of kit, and it of very nice quality. Also, as it’s from Logitech, they can refund you as can Amazon, if you are un happy, which I can guarantee you won’t be…
Thanks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A well built flightstick, 30 Oct. 2013
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite the title saying "Fightstick" as of 30/10/2013, the box says "Flightstick!"

I tried this on a freshly installed copy of Novalogic F22 Lightning 3 which ran perfectly on Windows 8.1 and recognized the flightstick immediately. I was intending to test on Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Gold Edition but sadly that fails to run on Windows 8.1. [Edit: See below.]

The joystick has loads of buttons and a hat and trigger, plus a throttle. Its base is solid and heavy, making it easy to use. Its action is natural and smooth and I had no trouble adapting to it. The USB lead is very long. Windows recognized it immediately when plugged in.

It is worth heading over to Logitech's web site to download the proper driver, otherwise this will be installed as a generic device. The proper driver includes customization for various games, including button assignments, and has a utility to test the functioning of all controls. It can be found at [...]

Edit: I now realize that Microsoft do not understand switchable graphics, and these other flight sims do work, but only on the slow Intel card, not the fast AMD one. So, I can confirm that this stick works beautifully in Windows 8.1 in Microsoft Flight Simulator X and its associated Acceleration Pack, and also in Combat Flight Simulator, but only in non-accelerated economy mode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what I expected., 8 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick (Accessory)
As a beginner to flight simulators I soon found out I could not land a plane using the keyboard.
This 'joystick' was well recommended and it has made a big difference to my skills.
I used the utility to set my choice of button functions and still have three buttons unused.
No hassle with FSX.