4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, easy to set up
The first thing thats jumps out at you is that these headphones actually look good, they're actually quite sleek; like they've actually been designed with a particular aesthetic in mind. Unlike the vast majority that you can tell are gaming headphones from a mile off. And to finish it off the looks are backed up by a quality build with a sturdy setup.

Another...
Published 15 months ago by Helix

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning when buying these headphones
Published 16 months ago by T Brown

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning when buying these headphones, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Logitech G35 Surround Sound Headset (for PC and PS4) (Accessory)
While the sound quality and microphone quality is amazing there is a single fault that no other reviewer has brought up, the thin plastic strip that links the earphones to the headpiece, these are prone to break easily! I bought a pair of these and after a drop there was a crack in this plastic, which will then slowly deteriorate until the headphone is hanging lose, when I tried to point out that this was a flaw to the retailer I was told it wasn't covered as it was accidental damage. After some thought I bought a second pair at my expense after being extremely careful, in a single moment involving my phone headphones being tangled with this headset and pulling it off the desk to a 3 feet fall, the crack is there again. Another 100 pounds down the drain. You have been warned!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, easy to set up, 28 Nov. 2013
Helix (South West) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Another feature of note (there's a few) is the three swappable bands depending on head size which is really an excellent idea, you don't realise how much difference actually being able to change the contour of your headphone pad makes to overall comfort and also sound.

The USB cable is more than long enough for most desktop setups, unless for some reason you operate very far away from your PC (not supported by OSX).
The surround sound feature is backed up by the fact that you can hear no sound whatsoever from outside, so its a fully immersive gaming experience. The sound quality itself is very crisp, with a nice bass and very good mids for a gaming headset.

The microphone is also an instrument of quality, its sturdy, folds away compactly when not needed. The buttons on the side of the set are exactly what is best for your gaming with easy to distinguish volume wheel and microphone mute button, its actually refreshing that Logitech thought about this simple thing as some wireless headphones and gaming headphones I've owned in the past you have to take it off to see what button your pressing.

Like all of Logitech's gaming range (including mouse) it is really in your benefit to download the companion software to really get the best out of the set; controlling sound, the customisable keys, the actual surround mixer to really tailor your experience. There is also a voice changer so you can basically convert the sound of your voice, a bit shady but whatever you're into I suppose.

So all in all this is definitely the best gaming headset I have owned, and I've had a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Surround Sound Headset, 20 Oct. 2013
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones have a really nice, sturdy feel to them, with a padded head band and a long cable, which can be neatly wrapped and held by a velcro attachment. There is a microphone, which can be muted by either pushing it up, or from a switch control on the left headphone. Other controls allow you to switch from surround sound to normal stereo; plus there are customize G-keys a microphone mute button and volume control. These headphones have a USB connection, which is very helpful if the wi-fi in your particular area is weak (I have a wireless printer and it annoyingly loses connection halfway through a print job - it would certainly be even more annoying if you were playing a game and lost the volume).

The ear cups on these headphones really do minimize outside noise and the surround sound is really fantastic if playing games or watching a film. I found the headphones comfortable to wear and, surprisingly, they fit everyone in my family - even children. In fact, my little girl (only 6) found them very comfortable - much more so than earphones designed for children - and wore them happily while playing online. Possibly this is because the pads do not touch the actual ear, but they fit snugly and do not slip. Overall, I would say these are ideal not only for gaming, but also for watching films, listening to music or skype.

3.0 out of 5 stars An excellent headset, that isn't fit for purpose., 14 Aug. 2014
Please note: Logitech G35s with firmware 0x0514 DO NOT work with the PS4 at the moment. The headset I received this morning (14/08/14) were loaded with the incompatible firmware. There is no way to downgrade to a lower firmware version.

THE HEADSET BEING DELIVERED IS NOT PS4 COMPATIBLE

PS4 functionality aside, these feel like a good headset.
The mic is clear and loud enough without any additional boost.
The sound quality is excellent, and the volume control on the left earcup is a nice touch.
The 7.1 surround sound is a little gimmicky but does make some positive difference.

That said, I'll be returning them for a refund and getting a set that actually works as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, but returned them for their awful drivers, 2 Feb. 2015
I really wished these had worked for me as I really wanted to like them. So, the good things:

Great build quality (I know a number of users have reported some design faults, I have to say that I never experienced any). These feel like a premium headset and I found them very comfortable. I was looking specifically for a headset that would both block in and keep out external noise (so the Mrs can't here me melting some faces and I can't hear her watching the E! Channel)

The 7.1, although virtual, worked a treat for me on FPS like Far Cry 4 and the sound quality was excellent.

Now, for the bad things:

They would just stop working from time to time, for no reason that I could work out. It wasn't a physical i.e. mechanical fault and seemed to be driver related. I would have to restart the device for them to spring back to life again and it seemed to happen a lot when a new level loaded (same circumstances on multiple games) or when the action switched to a cut scene. Sometimes ALT + Tabbing in and out of the game worked, but not always. I tried everything to fix this including uninstalling/reinstalling latest drivers, using 3rd party drivers etc. etc. A quick Google will show you that this is a common problem with the headset, which is a shame.

Although the issue doesn't seem to be OS specific, for your info, my OS is Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Such a shame as I really wanted to get these babies to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect gaming companion for your PC, 22 Oct. 2013
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
♦ Brief ♦

Logitech's G35 headset will deliver a great experience to PC gamers who are striving for not only high-quality sound, but also comfort for those long gaming sessions.

This headset offers 7.1 Dolby surround sound for all those audiophile needs, a high quality microphone, three easy access & customisable buttons as well as three different sized headband cushions to optimise comfort.

♦ Box Contents ♦

G35 Headset (wired - USB) | Headband cushions: thin (already attached), medium & thick | Instruction manual.

♦ First Impressions ♦

When first handling the headset, I got a real sense of quality from the whole headset, be it from the braided wire, the ultra soft cushioned headbands/ear-cups, to the whole exterior which has a really nice feel to it.

After trying on the headset, I felt the default thin cushion on the headband was sufficient padding, so after trying them all out, I went for the medium sized one which made wearing the headset extremely comfortable.

♦ Set-Up ♦

For best results, you will want to download the 'Logitech Gaming Software' program which can be found on Logitech's official website.

Once on there, go to the "Support" tab, click on "Support + Downloads" > "Gaming" > "G35 Surround Sound Headset" > "Downloads" > "Download Software".

Downing this software takes up 55MB worth of space, and the installation process is extremely straight forward.

Once you've installed the software (by the end of this you should have the headset plugged in), you can load up the software to customise many things such as:

1) Customise buttons 'G1', 'G2' & 'G3': Settings can be from toggling music tracks, to game specific actions such as returning to base.

The software actually scanned my computer to see what games where installed to optimise the settings available, which is pretty awesome.

Also, the buttons seem to have no latency at all.

2) Sound adjustment: Here you can adjust your microphone & audio volumes as well as opening an advanced mixer for those who know their audio.

3) Surround sound mixer: Test the surround sound and adjust to your needs.

4) Voice avatars: Basically, you can adjust what your voice sounds like.

♦ Comfort, Controls & Sound ♦

Probably the longest session I've used these for was around three hours and I had very minimal discomfort by the time I took them off, and I believe this is down to a few factors; first, the ear-cups go completely OVER my ears, so nothing is pressing down on them. Next would have to be the ear-cups & headbands pads, they're really soft which add to the extra comfort. Finally, they're very lightweight.

The controls on the headset are easily accessible so it doesn't take much time at all to know exactly where they are. All the controls are located on the exterior of the left ear-cup, these range from the three customisable command buttons, followed by a volume-wheel, a mute button and a surround on/off slider.

To test the microphone quality I had used it's own software to test the output which sounded really crisp, however unfortunately I've had no one on the other end to tell me what the quality sounds like to them.

As for the sound, utterly pleased with the quality, absolutely top-notch! Not only for gaming, but music too!

♦ Overall Opinion ♦

Logitech's G15 really is a solid piece of kit, it's been a real pleasure using these and it's definitely something I would recommend to people.

Whilst the headset may seem a little pricey, I honestly believe you're getting your money's worth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset, 15 Jan. 2014
So after having these for almost a month i am loving the headset most comfy headset i have ever worn and i have had many.

The price was not too bad and the build quality is really good.

Pros.
Good build quality
Very Comfy
Tons of Features
Programmable buttons

Cons.
The programmable buttons are easy to hit by accident

Over all this is a great head set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst head set ever owned!, 28 Jan. 2015
first off I would like to say that, this headset has great quality sound the 7.1 works really well, but what I am disappointed with is that not even 1 year later the so called anti-tangle cable is so tangled its not even funny, if I was to blame for this I wouldn't even complain if I didn't look after my headset that I could understand but the fact that my cable looks like its been in a blender, the wire is so badly tangled that its starting to effect the quality of the sound as the wires are starting to breach. I have had many Logitech headsets over the past 15 years or so and these are by far the worst, the fact that in another month or so the wires will have breached so badly that the headset will probably stop working. waste of money and deeply upset with Logitech's poor cable choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars they are a cracking bit of kit and do the job really really well and i love playing voice morphs on game chat as it allways ..., 13 Feb. 2015
Waiting on my 3rd pair of these headphones to arrive to day, they are a cracking bit of kit and do the job really really well and i love playing voice morphs on game chat as it allways gets a giggle with people get owned by a shrieking high pitched squirrel or my personal favorite the deep commanding voice of the Goa'uld as he shouts "J a f f a a a , Cree". :)

The only down side is the weak spot pointed out by Mr T Brown, they are vunarable to shattering my first set came home drunk and stood on them, why they where on the floor, damned if i know to be honest. The second set fell off the desk to the floor after i caught them with my elbow.
same piece broke again my own fault.

Going to try and look after the 3rd set.

3.0 out of 5 stars breaking bad, 27 Dec. 2014
I mean I originally bought these from ebuyer years ago for a higher price than this, and they've just now broke, the right side speaker has snapped clean off when I tried to take the headset off my head.

So that's 3 years before falling to the exact fault everyone warned me about that I thought I had escaped, disappointing really.

I'm a huge Logitech fan, at one point nearly all my gear was Logitech, now Logitech's quality in my opinion is just too hit and miss nowadays to trust.

Imo, avoid this headset, it's dated and risking the defect isnt worth it, as I am now a million miles out of warranty.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›