5.0 out of 5 stars Best of both worlds
I am a gamer. As a gamer I need comfort, as I can easily wear headphones for five or six hours on a raiding night. These headphones are comfortable and the ears are well padded to keep out extraneous noises, like people complaining they need dinner or telling me there is somebody at the door. I do not wish to hear these things when raiding, and with these 'phones I can't...
Published 21 months ago by Sue Bentley

Bought this for my Dad as a Christmas present.
The product sounds good for the price so cannot fault them for that.
However, after 2 months of owning them and using them for an hour a day tops, the plastic clips above each ear piece started to crack and flake away.
Published 2 months ago by Mr Wilks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of both worlds, 18 Aug. 2013
Sue Bentley (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a gamer. As a gamer I need comfort, as I can easily wear headphones for five or six hours on a raiding night. These headphones are comfortable and the ears are well padded to keep out extraneous noises, like people complaining they need dinner or telling me there is somebody at the door. I do not wish to hear these things when raiding, and with these 'phones I can't .

I also need headphones that can deliver all my in-game sounds, with the many variations of quality different game platforms deliver. The Logitech headphones render all the sound effects and game background music well. Also on Team Speak or Ventrilo the quality of other people's voices is really clear. This is crucial in a gaming headset as we are playing with people all over the world with a variety of accents and a wide range of English speaking ability. I am told my voice over the mic sounds nicely modulated and you can tell I am female, which is often not the case on gaming headsets which tend to make everybody sound sexless.

The microphone is a good sturdy one on a stalk instead of the usual bendy bit of thin wire that breaks when you keep putting it up for talking, then moving it down to play alone. It doesn't keep falling down either, once it's up it stays up and you can drink coffee without fear of dunking your mic.

As well as gaming I like listening to music, but I do not want to find the cash for two pairs of headphones. These headphones do a good job of delivering music as well. Tightly controlled base, crystal but not tinny high notes and a really large "sound stage" effect. The absolute noise cancellation works both ways so I am not annoying people around me with my taste in music.

In summary, the Logitech headphones deliver accurate Death-knight voices, render slightly intoxicated Swedish raiders intelligible and provide a very pleasing rendition of Warren Hayes singing The Real Thing (Acoustic version, very subtle). Good value all rounder headphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gaming - not bad at music either!, 21 July 2013
DSR (out beyond the sticks) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son uses these now for gaming and skype and has nothing but praise for them and it took me a while to prise them off him for music evaluation...

The mic seems good and recordings of the speaker play back very well, with no fizz or spitching. The heaphones themselves are set for loads of BIG BASS and this is the ONLY real criticism I can make in all honesty. Treble is pleasant with no obvious ringing and the midrange os smooth with little to none of the squawk or cuppiness that cheaper fully enclosed headphones are usually naturally afflicted with, something you'll notice after the ligtweight on-ear cheapies you can buy here and in other outlets, some of which can screech.

As for the big bass, I'm sure this is fine for games, but it can be wearing after a while when listening to music. Fortunately, the headphone amp my son uses can trim the bass level down a bit and this is then where the good sonic quality further up the frequency range comes into focus. I AM being an audiophool fusspot here, so please don't take the bass comments as a put down, but merely an observation of their tonal balance.

Comfort over long periods is very head dependant and I may find these a bit claustrophobic after a good while, although half an hour was fine for me. Others will definitely feel different as no two heads are the same shape.

For the job these 'phones are designed to do, they're excellent overall and I recommend them highly. Only the big bass tonal balance may deter more music based listeners I feel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive reasonably priced headset delivering way-above average audio and comfort, however no good noise-cancelling., 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Firstly I'd like to point out AMAZON Failed to deliver this product in the most miserable way possible "Lost In Transit", No care given, a replacement not even sent... I had to buy this on PCWORLD.

Regardless here's the product review.
I have had the product for some weeks now, for a £40 headset the sound quality is excellent, music sounds incredible, mostly Rock & Metal, however music such as Daft Punk sounds good too. The headset is comfortable, after a number of hours on my head it felt fine, no discomfort. The build quality is excellent as well, may no look much or feel good in the hand but it is rigid inside.
As for gaming, sounds are very clearly continues to impress, I have tested this in Fallout 3, The Witcher 2, Counter-Strike GO and Forza 4 Motorsport. Exactly what I expect. The Microphone records clearly and sounds great to others, very loud options.

The only negatives with this product. The noise cancelling is ridiculous, not over impressive at all, there are one or two feedback issues too with Steam chat, however after some trouble shooting I fixed this, turn off the equalizer and room effects in audio control usually does it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid budget gaming headphones, 29 July 2013
Russell G. Pottinger (Dundee) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
First the Positives
Really nice microphone, able to curve in front of the mouth and according to my friends it sounds nice and clear
Good looking headphones
cover your ears completely so help to keep the outside noise out, and the sound from the headphones in.
The cable is nice and long, and has a velcro attachment that allows you to keep it somewhat in order
They feel well constructed, and the fact the cups swivel means that you can easy carry them in a bag.

The Negatives
They aren't particularly comfortable. I felt they needed a bit more padding on the headband for longer sessions as I felt a pressure on top of my noggin after a while
The sound is just ok. It works quite well for gaming but I didn't find the experience so good for movies. There is nothing particularly bad, but nothing particularly great.

All in all, they are a solid set of gaming headphones. You're not going to be blown away by them, but also you are not going to be upset by them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset (Accessory)
I am not an author, so forgive my lack of finesse when it comes to phrasing.

This headset is without a doubt the best I have ever owned. Not only is the sound quality superb for the price. But the build quality is amazing. they feel much more sturdy than some other headphones I have used in the past. They have a nice weight to them, not heavy, but sturdy. They rotate in multiple different directions easily and they feel comfortable to wear on almost any headsize because of this.

The ear cuffs are padded with a net like material which allows my ears to breathe. This is a great feature for gamers as I'll often be wearing headphones for hours on end.

The mic I have unfortunately been unable to use yet, because of a problem with the mic jack on my PC. Although I am getting an adapter for that so I will update my review when that comes around. Other than that I am incredibly happy with this headset. It will definitely be a while before I upgrade again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good headset, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Overall, this headset was good, it looks good, it's comfy, and it produces great sound quality with rich bass tones, and no sounds are muffled or distorted. The mic quality is rather excellent, however there does seem to be some considerable delay when I choose to hear my own voice via Windows, although this may be a hardware/software issue with my computer or set-up.

The headset is very comfy; I love the fact that the ear cups go right over the ears, and with a lot of cushioning too. However, I was disappointed that the top of headband starts to make my head ache and pain after a few hours of using it, and I have to take them off for a few minutes for the pain to go away. I was surprised, as the padding on the headband is very similar to memory foam, and I had read a lot of positive reviews about the comfort of this headset.

I am pleased with my purchase, despite the slight discomfort after a few hours of use.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid and decent headset, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset (Accessory)
It's a relatively nice looking headset. It's been sturdy and the quality of both the microphone and the headset sound itself have been fantastic. The only real issue I've found is over long periods of use it becomes very hot and uncomfortable and eventually it causes you to have to take a break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful sound and comfort at an affordable price., 22 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset (Accessory)
The bass response on these cans are amazing. It actually shocked me how it sounded better than my Razer Kraken Pros, which broke due to the wires shorting out inside- which hopefully won't happen as the G230s have braided wires! It also has a volume control and a microphone switch which I've used many times before due to how useful it is. What I like about this is how it's literally accurate to what your volume level is on your computer; if your computer speakers were on 100 and you plug these in, it'll stay at 100 and won't blow your ears off like other headphones. You can also adjust the level given by your headphones with the volume control- so you can easily unplug your headphones to use your computer speakers without having to change the volume level.

The cons on these cans, however, are sort of big. For one, even with the wire organiser, the wires often tangle and twist and is a pain to untangle at close range with the computer. Second of all, the headband is in all honesty, terrible. While the earcups are completely fine and actually goes around your ears (allowing more breathing and space, along with the sport like material used), the headband just isn't soft enough and will hurt your head a little after a while.

Second of all, I already got a crack on the side of the headphones; thankfully it was the place where it said "G230." While it did look nice, I had to jerryrig it by wrapping it around with electronic tape to prevent it from cracking anymore. I'd much rather have a connected headset than an unconnected headset with a nice G230 logo.

Overall, a solid pair of cans that I'd recommend to gamers. Perfect for introductory gamers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all rounder, average mic, 16 Sept. 2013
D. J. Burton (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are pretty good at music (good beats and definition) and gaming so would make a decent choice if you only want to buy one pair of headphones.

Not sure I would say they are lightweight, but they feel pretty solid and the cups are comfortable to wear. I'd like to see the mic detach but you can't have everything I guess. On the subject of the mic it doesn't perform as well as other cheaper units so it loses a star for this.

So, a bit of a jack of all trades really, and master of none.

1.0 out of 5 stars The product sounds good for the price so cannot fault them for that, 14 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset (Accessory)
Bought this for my Dad as a Christmas present.
The product sounds good for the price so cannot fault them for that.
So much so, that on one side, my Dad had to tape them together to stop them falling apart.
The other side is starting to do the same.

2 months of minimal use and they have broken.

I am no longer able to return these through Amazon and am having to go through the lengthy process of dealing with Logitech in America to gain a response.

Would not recommend.
Although they do sound decent for the price, what's the point if they only last for a couple of months of use?
My Dad takes care of his belongings, so these have been treated with care.
I was shocked to visit him today and find how fast they had deteriorated.

I would save up and get a better quality headset like Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica or Sennheiser.

Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset