4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for PS4 and works well
I got this for ps4 as i had an old model of turtle beaches for ps3, but they do not work with the new console. There were very few comments regarding functionality on PS4 but i can confirm it works well and very easily. Literally plug the USB dongle in and the PS4 picks it up, from there you are just a couple of changes to audio settings to being properly set up...
Published 6 months ago by Matty

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not comfortable
Published 13 months ago by Tim

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for PS4 and works well, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset (for PC and PS4) (Accessory)

Pros:
- Totally wireless
- Can charge and use
- Charging made easier by a retractable style usb charger, must go up to about 6ft+ easy
- Mic looks weak and nimble, however it is made of a rubbery material that allows you to bend it into position easily, and also means it shouldnt snap straight away if its dropped or sat on or something (don't hold me to it!)
- Incredibly easy to set up, literally unboxed, plugged in and was working within 60 seconds.
- Very snug fit. Can change angle of almost everything to suit your head. And fits perfectly over my ears.
- Good at keeping sound in/out. When using them, my Mum sat next to me could not here the audio, and luckily I couldn't hear her either!

Cons:
- The buttons on the headset do not work with PS4, this includes the volume scroller.
- I think partly as a result of this, volume is not quite as loud as i would hope. I can still hear everything though, its just not as loud as it could be.
- The headset overall does feel quite tender. I wouldnt want to put too much stress on certain areas, however it does feel like quality material, it is just lightweight.

The reason I have given only 4 stars is because i am not a serious gamer. I don't use it religiously and I just wanted something that is of good quality, wireless with a mic. So i could live without it, its just a nice extra to have. Serious gamers will probably buy a more expensive headset anyway.

But please remember that I only used this on PS4, and not a laptop or computer, so I can't speak for both. And i only did this to help out potential PS4 buyers as there was nothing around when I bought the headset myself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not comfortable, 13 Feb. 2014
While the sound quality on these is quite good (although the bass isn't as deep as I would like) as soon as you put them on they start creaking and squeaking against your skin due to the faux leather finish on the cups. You have to keep quite still to avoid noise - it's really a poor design choice at this price. Also they make my ears sweaty, I can imagine this being a nightmare in hot weather. And you will never forget you are wearing them, I guarantee, they are way too bulky. I am usually relieved to take them off!

5.0 out of 5 stars All round performance., 19 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So pleased to have found a set of headphones that have a generous fitting ear cup, as I have quite large ears and other headsets are quite small fitting compared to these which are a very comfortable fit. When listening to music the headset has a very nice base that in certain graphic equalizer settings can vibrate my jaw, not that I want this to happen, but it sets the tone of the kind of base sound it can give and I get a crisp clear sound. The noise cancellation of background sounds is very good, which my family find quite annoying because I can't hear them speaking to me if I have these on whilst playing a game, so I tend to wear one off ear, so I can hear them! During games the mic has a nice response time, with low latency and there is a superb roaming range on them, so I can wonder around the house with them on and still use the mic and hear what is going on in game, which is great if you need to step away from the keyboard for a loo break or to get a drink. There are even some fun special effects in which you can make vocal changes, so if you want to speak in a squeeky squirrel voice you can! The headset is also lighter than other headsets I have tried, as they are often very heavy and you feel it in the neck, but I have found these much more comfortable to wear. Charge time and duration of charge is great too and with my usage I normally get a minimum of 12 plus hours over a few days or so, but this would probably vary upon personal usage. A really great value for money headset 5/5 all the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars High end PC gaming headphones., 25 Nov. 2013
Ian Wantling (The North West.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using these for just over a month, and they really are very impressive gaming headphones.

Set up is straight forward. The charging hub plugs into your pc's usb port and the wireless transmitter (which looks like a flash drive) plugs into the top of the charging hub.

The headphones look and feel robust and well constructed, the memory foam in the headband makes them extremely comfortable to wear over prolonged periods. Logitech give them a 40 feet range, but I managed to get nearer 60 feet when listening to music through them. Where these headphones stand out is on the sound quality. The 7.1i surround is stunning. I played a session of Battlefield and the effect was incredible, giving a feeling of total 360 degree surround sound. The mic can be easily muted by flipping it to an upright position.

In addition to being a a great set of gaming headphones the G930's are also a very competent set of audio headphones, perfectly suited to watching movies and listening to music through. The sound is full, warm and even on full volume was distortion free with the bass staying tight and punchy.

So to conclude. The G930's are at the higher end of the price range for gaming headphones, but you genuinely do get what you pay for on this occasion, and considering the sound quality is as good as wired headphones I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good hardware but software could be better, 3 Mar. 2015
4.7/5 - rounded up because....

Really great headset and sound quality. Comfortable and nicely designed. Would recommend and great value. This replaced my aging Astro A40's so the bar was set pretty high.
What I really like:
- Comfortable leather-like ear cups block out a lot of outside sound, even hard to tell volume of own voice.
- Just the right weight, not too light and not too heavy.
- Wireless (mostly) works fine just like if wired.
- Great bass.
- Battery life easily lasts a whole day.
- Nicely designed cabling, which can be unraveled to be very long (2m total I think).
- Can be used and charged at the same time.
- G keys are handy but I often forget about them due to the obvious reason they're out of sight
- Volume roller is nice and convenient.
- Logitech's game profiler software works pretty well and synchronizes well with other Logitech products (e.g. low battery indicator on G19s keyboard screen).

There are some few niggly issues which prevents the 5/5:
- Audio is low from the PS4, even when set to full within the system's device settings menu. Can still hear everything fine but it's not loud enough to really 'encase' you.
- Could be a driver issue, but constant and random warning beeps for low battery when it isn't. Sometimes get a warning that its at 9% but will go on and last for another few hours and beep a couple more times with the same message during that time.
- Reconnecting wireless part to PC when headset is turned on makes the driver go funny and the PC sees it disconnect/reconnect a couple times (can be quickly fixed by manually turning headset off then on again).
- When in a game and listening to something like YouTube or iTunes in the background, the moment the game is full-screen, the audio from everything else gets lowered, then returns to normal when you alt-tab/exit the game (could be intended feature but I like to have loud music when I game).
- the Dolby Digital surround sound feature doesn't work on PS4 (though still has great directional sound (used with Dying Light)) and when enabled on PC can really distort sounds. E.g. on World of Tanks, all gun shot echos had gone and gun shot and tank engine sounds were very strange and high pitch - no real surround sound going on.

Though for the most part, the headset works perfectly. I just leave the surround sound disabled for now as very few games support it that well anyway (only works for first-person views, really). So the problems are very minor and if I could give it 4.7/5 I would and I reckon they could easily be fixed by Logitech in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great quality sound, questionable build quality/software issues., 27 Feb. 2014
I bought the G930 back in September after quite a bit of research into wireless headsets for gaming. It seemed to fit my needs perfectly being wireless, reputable manufacturer, USB and apparent great sound quality.

The first thing that astounded me was the range on the device, I can be downstairs and still chat on Skype/listen to music. There is interference as you would expect with things like cordless phones and microwaves, but that's neither here nor there.

The sound quality is really good, along with the microphone and it's comfortable as hell for long gaming sessions.

I did however (and continue to have) issues with the connection dropping out between the headset and the transmitter. Normally it's only for 5 or so seconds every hour or 2, but it does get very annoying. I've tried reinstalling and removing any kind of interference, but it continues.

Another area I have been disappointed with was the build quality, at first look it seems well built, but after 5 months of (careful) use the twist connection between the earbud and the headband has broken away, along with cracking on the plastic that holds the earbud, leaving it hard to continue using.

I'm going to speak to Logitech to see if there's anything they can do, hopefully they won't put it down to wear and tear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headset but tight for people with a big head and battery can drain quickly, 7 Sept. 2014
So I managed to find a good price for these and decided to take the plunge and purchase.

The set up was easy as long as you put the usb charging unit into the back of your pc first then insert the usb wireless sender into the unit otherwise the pc might not pick it up. Once that was done, just make sure you charge your headset fully before turning it on. Also the latest software from logitech is 8.55.137 which was released on August 4 2014 so update your software if you haven't already. That should give you the most stable usage if running windows 8.1 like myself. Just turn it on and make sure you choose the correct sound hardware in your pc as it will be different to your previous headset unless this is a new build with this being your first headset.

2 issues that might put one of.

Obviously these are wireless so the battery can drain quite quickly if you play 3 hours or more gaming or using them in general on a pc. You can still use them while they are on charge mind you so you wont be left without any sound.

Now if you have a fairly big head then these will become very uncomfy as they are very tight. I must admit i used my old battered headset after awhile as these were starting to ache. So bare this in mind if you have a large head.

As for the quality on how long they last i cannot say at the moment but i will update as and when required.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headset. Sound and microphone quality are excellent, 23 July 2014
Amazing headset. Sound and microphone quality are excellent. The range is great and has never been an issue. The connection is rock solid at all times. Works out of the box on Ubuntu! Extremely comfortable and noise insulating. The hardware mic mute by tilting the microphone back to vertical is a very nice touch. Build quality seems quite sturdy to me, I carry these in a bag a couple of times a week and no issues yet.

What I use it for : TeamSpeak3(works great, everyone can hear me clearly and I can hear them with good clarity) ; Google Hangouts(works perfectly, might look weird in a business context but mic quality is worth it, and the styling is actually quite subdued compared to other options in the gaming market), game and general PC audio(everything sounds better through this headset than on any speakers I would otherwise use)

Loses a point for the Windows software. It seems to not work half the time and the programmable macro buttons and volume selector rarely work, whereas on Ubuntu, the volume control is responsive and works properly.
The dongle also leaves something to be desired- I find it is easy to knock over the base station and possibly damage the usb dongle. Mine is already a little bent from this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headset except for a few issues., 7 Feb. 2014
Great headset, the audio quality is amazing considering its Digital Surround Sound, and the bass is absolutely perfect, not too much were it just distorts audio and more than enough to refrain from audio sounding like your in a tin can. Probably one of the best digital surround sound headsets out there and the mic is very very crisp and clear.

For people who have bought this or waiting for it to be delivered, you need install the Logitech Gaming Software to allow for the surround sound to be active. I recommend using the LGS 8.4 rather than the latest which is 8.5 I think. Simply because you can't alter the equalizer and especially on windows 8 seems to have a few bugs, atleast I've encountered them.

Now onto the reason why I only gave it 4 stars (Would of preferred 3.5). The frame/bracket that holds the actual speakers to the frame, can cause very irritable creeking noise everytime you open jaw/move your head, maybe it is just me but I get to the point were I can't even use it simply because it's off-putting especially if your playing any kind of FPS were sound whoring is a huge advantage. Counter Strike for example.

I've had to return 2-3 because of this very reason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could want in a headset, 4 Feb. 2014
Absolutely worth the price range on this headset.

The ear cups are generously large and fully fit over my ears, which I have had issues with over-ear headsets in the past. The padding is comfortable and the lack of cable means you can quite easily forget they are there at times.

Battery life is excellent and goes for hours. You get a discreet yet noticeable audio and visual alert on low battery, and the very lengthy usb cable provided can be plugged in to allow you to keep playing whilst it's charging. The cable comes on a nice spool that doubles as a one-port usb hub for the wireless dongle, so you only need one usb port in total.

The mic arm has a degree of left-right movement but it's very good at picking up voices even when it feels a little far from your mouth.

Massive thumbs up, absolutely love it.