5.0 out of 5 stars A very good start!!
Since I've read the blurb of this new novel by Sadie Matthews (btw, I liked very much her After Dark trilogy!), I was very curious to read it.
This is the first of five parts of Season of Desire, first book of the Seasons Quartet and it was a very lovely surprise!

Published 11 months ago by La Gatta Bianca

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Comfortable
Felt a little uncomfortable with the age gap, and never felt the deeper connection between the 2 characters. Kept reading though!
Published 7 months ago by White Tiger

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good start!!, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: A Lesson in the Storm: Season of Desire: Part 1 (Seasons Quartet) (Kindle Edition)

Freya, the female main character, is different from the usual heroines I usually find in other books I read. She isn't the typical gentle, nice and humble girl. It's quite the contrary. She is a spoiled, snobbish and rich young woman who has always had what she wanted easily. Nevertheless, I quite like her because she is a very interesting and intriguing character, and despite her life of luxury she's not so happy as people around her seem to think.

As for Miles Murray, the hero of the story, I'm already captured by him! We don't get to know much about him in this first part but he is very charming, pleasant and sexy! Miles is Freya's current bodyguard and comes from a very different world from her. You would imagine he treats her with deference as the rest of the staff, well, you can't be more wrong! LOL He is very straightforward towards Freya and he doesn't worry about telling her what he truly thinks of her behaviour.

In only few chapters, Sadie was able to create very compelling and exciting situations. I really loved the dialogues, the descriptions of events and places. I really like her writing style because is fluid, descriptive to the right point and captivating.
This first part leaves the reader with the desire to immediately read the sequel and know what will happen between Freya and Miles! Can't wait for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lesson in the Storm, 4 Oct 2013
I read Sadie Matthews 'After Dark' Series and really enjoyed them so when I saw this new series I was really pleased. This first part is really good - I wish it was only long but I am glad the next part is only a couple of weeks away. This first book introduces Freya Hammond she is a spoiled little princess because she comes from a wealthy family and want every she wants she gets, from being jetted country to country, food, clothing, etc. You also meet the new bodyguard Miles but you do not learn much about him. I am really looking forward to learning more about Freya's family history and also more about Miles. I was really drawn into the story and you can see their is going to be some chemistry between them. Loved the setting which was nice to have something different to some of the other books around.

4.0 out of 5 stars a lesson in the storm, 17 Dec 2013
A good story but there was no sex scenes at all. Just a but if sexual frustration. Fingers crossed that the next book has a saucy scene in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars entralled, 13 May 2014
Kept in interested the who way through the book. Didn't take very long to finished and opened the next in the quartet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 29 Mar 2014
Amazing from the get go all five books a must read one after the other had you griped from the first chapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked the story but be wary of the accumulated cost! (£4.95 for the FULL book), 23 Mar 2014
This falls nicely into the erotic/ love story genre and in it's entirety all the parts make for a good story. It makes a refreshing change that the subject is a rich spoiled female instead of the slew of billionaire playboys we have doing the rounds. The format keeps in with a good strong Alpha male mind you, and sexual dominance and subversiveness. Not in Sylvia Day's league by any means, but still a good read. The one thing that really pee'd me off was not realising that to get the full story I'd have to purchase all the parts separately. Which means in reality the entire book costs you £4.95. Fine if you don't like it after part one you only spent 99p, but misleading if you want to find out the full story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Comfortable, 14 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 9 Feb 2014
This book is written well as usual by Sadie Matthews. I downloaded the books that were to follow to I could continue with the story line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected - I loved it, 4 Feb 2014
I wasn't sure what to expect when I downloaded this to read as I had previously read the After Dark series and loved those. Once I got reading this, I couldn't put it down and ended up reading them all within a few days.. The story was different to how I thought it was going to be, but I think that's what made it more interesting to read. There were quite a few funny lines, which I always like in a book. Being able to laugh out loud means you know you've picked a good one! Although the series is short and spread over 5 books, it makes it more intense and enjoyable to read as you don't know what's going to happen next!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lesson in the Storm, 29 Jan 2014
Loved it and could wait to get book 2, wish this one had been a bit longer though and not just as it seemed half a book.