5.0 out of 5 stars KDL-47W805A is a good TV set to have at home, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sony 47-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080P 3D TV with X-Reality Pro and Freeview - Black (Electronics)
It wasn't easy to decide which TV set to buy, but I have been using Sony products for many years so I guess I was a bit biased when I had to make the decision.
As a technical person, I had to compare the TV specifications and user guides of TV makers, and I was very disappointed with the Sony manual for this model which had only few pages in twenty languages, so that wasn't much of a user guide compared to previous years.
They probably made a bad decision to put the user guide inside the TV, but forget that the before sale is also important.
My requirements were as follows:
1 - As many HDML inputs as possible.
Sony has 4 HDMI inputs which is the maximum I could find in any other TV set

2 - A built-in satellite tuner with DISEQC support up to 4 satellites, with PVR capability using a dedicated USB input.
This model turned out to have exactly this. Funny thing is that the sales person didn't know this model had a sat tuner and wanted me to tell him if it worked for me.

3 - A Digital terrestrial tuner
This model has an excellent DVB-T and DVB-T2 tuner works well with just a small antenna

4 - Smart TV with as many applications as possible
Sony has the SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) and also many applications from Opera Store.
Most of the applications are just not interesting for me and I used the Samsung Blu-Ray drive BD-F6500 that I bought from John Lewis few months ago to give me all the applications that I need.

5 - Web browser that is fast and can support flash video
The web browser is terrible with no way to connect a mouse or a keyboard.
Again the Samsung BD-F6500 comes to the rescue with an excellent Chrome web browser and using the USB connector to receive control signals from a wireless mouse and keyboard. The flash video works really great.

6 - 3D not important at all
The set comes with 4 3D passive glasses. Haven't used them yet.

7 - Excellent picture quality
This set has a good picture quality and more importantly, a menu to adjust the video size in different formats.
The Motion enhancer Motionflow XR 400 Hz is nice to have. Lower grade models have 100 Hz and 200 Hz, so watch out for this spec when you decide to buy your next TV set.

8 - Good audio system with digital out to connect to my receiver
The built in audio sound isn't that great and for really important content, I have to use my receiver (300 Watts power consumption).

9 - Reasonable Power consumption
This model consumes only 66 Watts which is very good, but because the audio system is not that great, I use a receiver that consumes 300 Watts and the total power consumption comes to 366 Watts !!!!
One solution would be to find low power consumption speakers with digital audio input at reasonable price (Up to 50 Pounds), but I didn't have any success with this.

Conclusions:
This is a great TV set to have.
Unfortunately cheaper models without smart TV or 3D don't have enough HDMI inputs, or their motion flow is too low.
I am very pleased with the built-in tuners, so I guess Freeview and Freesat in the UK would be supported without any problems.
Need to use external audio systems in order to enjoy the sound. I guess this is true for any other TV set as the built-in loudspeakers are usually too small to make it enjoyable.
Please comment if you know of any good cheap speakers with digital input.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!, 6 July 2013
I purchased this TV from sony.co.uk after seeing this TV in John Lewis. I had just had my LG refunded after owning it for 3 months after it developed awful motion blur. (Check out my other reviews to see my problems with the LG TV.)

But how happy am I now? I now had the opportunity to buy another TV. So let me tell you.... VERY HAPPY!!!!

This TV is amazing in everyway possible. The design looks amazing as soon as you get it out the box.

When you turn it on get it set up and get in your seat you will watch in awe how amazing the picture is!! I have played around with the settings just slightly but to be fair its good to go as soon as you turn it on. I have tried the 3D and it very good!! Crisp, sharp with great colours. It's got Motion-flow which is the new thing from SONY which stops the motion blur you get on a lot of large LED TV's. and it just blows every other TV away. Don't buy anything else........

Another thing I like is you lots of access to Sony web apps including Crackle, which is an app for ipad/iphone etc. It gives you access to loads of classic movies. I am still discovering the TV and still not read the instructions yet but will sit down to see what things I might be missing out on.

If you buy one now (before 24th July I think) you will get a free Xperia L phone worth 250. So the TV at 1099 on sony.co.uk is fantastic value but sell your phone on eBay you have only spent about 950 on a TV that is just amazing!!! I REALLY never thought Sony TV's were worth the extra but I think Sony have lowered their price point to make it better value and still making a fantastic set!!!!!!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tv we have ever bought, 2 Mar 2014
Very good service arrived when it should do picture is fantastic and the sound is great also the smart functions work very well with good apps are installed

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing gaming TV, 18 Mar 2014
Fantastic gaming TV. Almost no input lag as far as I can tell. Highly recommended for PS4 and XBox One.

ARRAY(0xb33292a0)