Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 4 November 2013
This is one of the best live shows I have seen in a long time; by anyone. 160 minutes of music mastery.
You don't need to be a Dream Theater fan in order to enjoy this, but if you are then whack up the volume.
The sound and audio for the Blu Ray are second to none and with bonus tracks, behind the scenes and a documentary as extras this is a music for any music lover and every Dream Theater fan.
on 5 December 2013
I had previously watched Live At Budokan which showcased what an incredibly talent act Dream Theater are, but this shows just how far they've come. Every member of the band is amazing at what they do. After watching the G3 concerts on dvd with Satriani, Vai etc. I always loved Petrucci's clean but precise and lightning fast playing, but this is just another level. All of these guitarists are just absolutely phenomenal!!

I have come to the conclusion they are by far my favourite band now. There's something about the sincerity in the lyrics, their personas and the mind blowing talent that just gets me every time. I literally sat watching the bluray with a big smile that kept appearing on my face!

And now to Mr. Mangini...

Ever since I saw that drum solo on Youtube of him at a Vai gig, I absolutely LOVED him! He is SO good, any musician worth their salt would appreciate what this guy is capable of. When I saw the auditions happening for him to be in Dream Theater, I got so excited! I kept searching for more news all the time and the dream came true!!

His drum solo on this is even better than the Youtube one. He truly is world class. I would say the best drummer in the world. There are some drum parts that Portnoy would play of their old songs he just wipes the floor with, like it's second nature to him. I could watch it a thousand times and not get bored. Just incredible!! sometimes playing with just one hand.

All the other members are superb, Rudess is just a powerhouse.

BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!!!
on 29 November 2013
Dream Theater's latest live release is another very worthy entry in their much admired catalogue and demonstrates why the band continues to reign as the kings of progressive metal music.

If I could, I would rate this release a 4.5. My only quibble is with the set list, which to me is a little unbalanced, but that is really just a matter of personal preference. There are already many detailed and well thought reviews here - I won't attempt to compete with those but would like to share a few observations of my own.

Unlike some reviewers, I think the sound quality is good. I have not heard the 5.1 mix but to my ears the quality of the stereo mix is such that I would rank the recording among the best of the band's numerous live releases.

In particular, I think the ADToE tracks benefit from this slightly more aggressive and 'guitar prominent' mix. (I thought the orchestral synths were overdone on the studio album). The band as a whole plays very well throughout and in my view they do not suffer at all - in a live setting at least - from Mike Portnoy's absence. They remain a fearsomely powerful - and it would seem very contented - live band.

I do find the video editing to be annoyingly fast, but unfortunately that is a relatively standard practice these days and it's one I'm (reluctantly) adjusting to.

In terms of the set list, I think the show would have been better had it included a true epic such as Octavarium or A Change of Seasons. Or something from Black Clouds and Silver Linings (preferably the ambitious and majestic Count of Tuscany), particularly as no live recording have been released from that tour. But a band with a catalogue as extensive as Dream Theater's will never please everyone and I don't doubt that most fans will find much to enjoy (particularly given the generous inclusion of the alternate tracks). I know I have.

I should add that the packaging on the deluxe version is very good. The hardcover book which houses the six discs is well constructed and printed on good quality paper and the photos themselves are well done. Some written reminisces from the band on the tour or perhaps a piece from their biographer would have been a nice touch, but again it is unfair to complain about such things. Beyond the inclusion of the full show (and bonus tracks) on CD, there is no additional video content beyond that included with the standard Blu-ray or DVD release.

In summary, this is an excellent release that serves many worthwhile roles. It is of course a wonderful document of the "Dramatic Turn" tour and a fine complement to that album and its fascinating documentary on the recruitment of their new drummer. It also acts as an excellent introduction to Mike Mangini for fans like (those in Australia) who have yet to see him perform live with the band. Finally, given the production delays and subsequent quirky timing of its release, it serves to very effectively whet the appetite for the upcoming tour in support of their recent, and very strong, self titled album. I, for one, cannot wait to see them again.
on 2 February 2014
First the positives. The band seemed to be playing better then ever. Virtuoso musicians every one of them. However I still miss Mike Portnoy but appreciate what a difficult role it is for Mike Mangini even though he is a brilliant drummer.
Song selection was varied and great to see the latest album songs (at the time of the concert) interspersed with some absolute classics. My only beef was that there no songs from Black Clouds Silver Linings album. There was one of the tracks playing in the background of the documentary. I just love that album and wonder if omitting all tracks for inclusion in the concert was a bit of a snub to Mike Portnoy??
The main negative which has been voiced by many is that the audio when played on 5.1 or 7.1 is thin and has hardly any bass on it. The sub woofer is redundant! Very disappointing. HOWEVER! If you play it in Stereo mode the bass returns and the sound quality is good. I assure you I am not making this up and has been voiced by others. Don't let this put you off from buying. It is a brilliant concert in your own home!! I am going to see D.T. at Wembley on the 14th and hopefully they will play as well as they did in Argentina.
on 28 November 2013
Anyone who knows and loves Dream Theater is aware that they make any other band in the world sound like mere amateurs, so I wont go into the quality of the musicianship. This is another quality live package as they always seem to do so well. The deluxe edition is real value for money with 3 CDs of the whole concert also Blu-ray and 2 DVDs. The packaging is sublime, worthy of any posh coffee table. My only gripe is that James Labrie's mic seems to have some slight interference at some stages of the concert, more pronounced during the quieter moments, but it's not really a deal breaker. Would buy it all over again if I had to. The best band ever, and they know how to keep their fans happy with live releases such as this.
on 20 August 2014
I Find it hard to believe that a production at this level releases a product with an audio mix so bad. this is not about taste or small imbalance. jordan is so low in the mix that most of the time you can't hear him at all!. the base guitar and bass frequencies in general are also low. i have a good 5.1 sound system and the problem is in both 5.1 and stereo mix. i gave it 4 stars because the musical performance and picture quality are amazing and make this blu ray still worth buying.
on 6 November 2013
I am honestly speechless after watching this. I saw them live on their last tour when they came to the UK, and i was in a state of stunned shock after that, and watching this simply brought back that feeling. Dream Theater are a band of technical perfection, the skill and mastery each member has on their instruments is incredible, and watching them perform their insanely complex songs live, and do so flawlessly, is something special. That, combined with the fact that the DVD/Blu-Ray has been put together so well, makes this so enjoyable to watch. There are moments when i was just smiling to myself watching this, a surprisingly strong feeling of adrenaline from watching this leading to such expressions!
The bonus features are really insightful into the bands touring lives, and the special feature, the incredibly cool (and i believe unique) opportunity to be able to roam the stage with the band while they perform their song 6.00.
For any Dream Theater fan, this is an absolute must...and for anyone who is a fan of any sort of decent, genuine music, then i strongly advise you give this ago.
on 14 December 2013
So this edition comprises of:
Bluray disc of the concert: - excellent. Picture quality and sound reproduction are superb. Excellently capture the feeling of a DT concert.

DVD disc of the concert: - Great. especially if you find yourself stuck without a bluray (one of our laptops / parents house etc...)

DVD disc of extras: - V. Good. In my opinion there is some filler here but not enough to detract from a great disc.

3 CDs of the concert: - superb audio quality. Went straight onto my old iPod classic.

Picture booklet: - exceptional. Calling this a booklet is to do it a disservice. The pages are printed both sides with excellent quality full page photographs. These photographs are brilliantly taken and help encapsulate the energy commitment and humour required to be arguably the best group of musicians on the planet.

Not a bad element to this edition with each piece fulfilling a purpose admirably. All in all an excellent package giving great value for the money.
on 27 December 2013
Overall is very satisfy for me.
The product itself is very suit size, content, price & worth every pound you paid.

I recommend it !

and then here is review for content inside:
What I don't like is the director that didn't professional enough for the whole concert, but
thought that the venue may not suitable for, but that is Director job to find the better way.
(please compare with The Clockwork Angel Tour, I like it )

Especially on the song 'Spirit Carries On' I knew this song is really great feel to fall, but
it doesn't need that camera most pan the lady crying, hey this is not a sad movie.

Nah, ... that is not really matter, but all you agree with me,
DT nowadays performance didn't much concentrate like the past during Mike Portnoy' era.
But let's see their next chapter, their latest one studio album is a good one.
on 28 December 2013
"Dream Theater Live At Luna Park" was a great show. I saw it. I was there. I went with my best friend and her girlfriend. I don't like very much the "Luna Park Stadium" for the shows, but the last three or four times that "Dream Theater" came to Buenos Aires, Argentina, they made their show in that place.

"Dream Theater Live At Luna Park (Deluxe Edition)" is something amazing. The book, the potos, 1 Blue Ray, 2 DVD's, 3 CD's, I have never had a material such like this of "Dream Theater" or any other band (I'm a "lower class" person).

Thank you "Dream Theater" for that show. Thank you "Amazon" for brought me that show to My Home. Best wishes, Ignacio.