4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound instructions poor
Published 7 months ago by Claire

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine wee music player :)
Published 7 months ago by Charlotte

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine wee music player :), 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: 8 GB MP3 MP4 Player (4th Gen) With Built In FM Radio, FREE USB Cable, Rubber Case & Earphones by giZmoZ n gadgetZ (Electronics)
Bought this for myself to replace an ipod but didn't want to spend the money on an apple product. Was delivered really quickly and looks exactly like an ipod nano! Had a little difficulty figuring out how to put music on it without any instructions but it was pretty straight forward (Removable Disk E or whatever, just drag music files onto it). Only thing is, it doesn't have a shuffle mode and you can't choose a song, so you can only flick past every song until you find the one you want, but if you're not a fussy person like me, it's a great little player, good quality sound and even has a couple games!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound instructions poor, 23 Jan 2014
Claire (Wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
My Mp3 player died on me and shock horror all my Rascal Flatts music was in Mp3 format, what to do? Easy go on Amazon and find a cheap replacement!!! That part was easy, but which one to get? I just want to listen to my music so I wanted an easy to use device with a good memory and great sound, so after reading countless details and reviews I chose this one. It arrived within 2 days well packaged and in good condition. I couldn't wait to get it up and running so I read the leaflet on how to get going. Now most of the reviews I read did say that the instructions were poor to misleading and I have to agree with these 100%, I would say they were written by someone for which English is not their first language or they have been translated literally from another language. They are very misleading and hard to follow in some parts, however saying that I did get a vague idea of what to do so I started charging it via my laptop (charging lead was provided) at the same time I started loading my beloved Rascal Flatts tunes onto my device, this was extremely simple to do and very very quick, using drag and drop. So now my player was fully charged and loaded with music, time to listen, and once I navigated through the process and by trial and error found out how to get it to play (I would suggest trial and error over reading the instructions), which took about 10 mins I was pleasantly suprised by the sound quality, it's amazing.So on summing up if you want something not to big or small to listen to music on with a big enough screen that you can actually see what is displayed, with great sound this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great little product., 3 Feb 2014
I needed a new mp3 player to replace a broken Sony one and didn't fancy spending another 80 odd on a new one so thought i will give this gizmo a go, for 13 I thought it was worth a punt. I'm glad i did, its a great little item, ok it takes a little while to work out the function buttons but within 20 mins i had worked it all out without looking at the instruction booklet and within the hour i had put 30-40 albums on the player using cut and paste from my computer and still plenty of free space left to add many more albums. .

The player does come with free headphones but i'm not expecting them to be great so using my own headphones and I must say the sound quality is just as good as old sony mp3. There aren't any bells and whistles but as i only want it to have all my Heavy Metal music together to play when i want then it does the job very nicely. The battery appears to be lasting a good time at present so hopefully it will continue the same way, (i know others have said the battery dies quickly after a while) .

So first impressions are this is excellent value at 13.00 and i'm tempted to purchase another one for my funk/soul collection.

UPDATE MAY 13TH,
The one purchased in Feb is still working perfectly with a good battery life and no issues with the connecter breaking, in fact i have since purchased 3 more of these little gems and have had no problems at all. I haven't tried the radio as i haven't listened to an FM station in many a year so i can't comment on how good the signal is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little MP3/4 player, 23 Jan 2014
We bought this for our nine year old and she loves it. We were a bit disappointed it didn't come with a box or instructions. It arrive in bubble wrap inside a jiffy bag - not great for giving as a present. However it is easy to use so maybe instructions are not needed. Overall we were pleased with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars broken but looked the part, 18 May 2014
I bought this as a birthday present,my very first purchase on amazon.it came in post.i charged it while i got a list of music to transfer onto it.after 4 hours i tried to switch it on and nothing.i put it onto pc and nothing.it took some time to get return add to send back but i done it and im still waiting for refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Promt refund, 3 Mar 2014
Although there was a fault found them quick to put things right, sending back was made easy as possible and effortless

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the best, 18 Jan 2014
Ordered, delivered and the item was fantastic, it's never left my daughters ear.
Love the fact you can always ask them for advice as well. Great after service.
Just about to treat myself as well to one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Oct 2013
Great little product for the price. Also excellent customer service and after sales advice. I bought this for my daughter to see if she would like an iPod. She uses it every day! Not bothering with iPod. This is good enough

1.0 out of 5 stars The whole thing looks like the worst in 1980s portable technology and feels like ..., 4 July 2014
This is a piece of rubbish. While 'you get what you pay for' is true I expected at 13 to be able to play the odd piece of music. A couple of hours spent watching the online help videos and the grammatically infantile and unclear instruction booklet didn't help at all. As for the radio don't even go there. Even the 'free USB cable' didn't fit (I used an old iphone one, which it copies in all ways except physical compatibility with its parent machine). The whole thing looks like the worst in 1980s portable technology and feels like it would break if I so much as put it in my pocket. Save your money up and get something - anything - a little more expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars flawed but cannot argue with the price, 25 July 2014
Thomas Murphy (Loughborough, England United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I cannot be too negative on this MP3 player because I only paid about 12 pounds. You get what you pay for. This sound quality is passable and the player is functional. The operating system on it takes some getting used to and does not make enough sense. However, you get 8gb for 12 pounds so it is hard to complain. One thing I would say is that the build quality is fairly poor and you won't have a lot of confidence in it lasting a long time. I used this for about 3 months before feeling that I really wanted to upgrade. However, as a stop gap it was fine.