on 5 December 2010
Quick delivery, product came well wrapped and in tact. It is a snug fit for my hard drive but protects it well. I was bit disappointed as I thought it would be a hard case like it said on the product description when in fact it's just stiff cardboard. It does the job though!
on 29 November 2010
The IOMAX Protective Hard EVA Case for 2.5" Portable Hard Drive was recommended for my new buffalo Juststore 500 Gb Hard Drive. Although dispatched separately direct from the supplier it arrive at the same time and earlier than predicted. It does what I hoped and also holds the USB cable with space for a little more. I happily throw it with the Hard Drive into a separate bag when travelling as it helps to separate the main data from the laptop for security and provides protection for the Hard Drive.
on 29 October 2010
I bought this for a Seagate Expansion Portable Drive 500GB Seagate 500GB Expansion Portable USB 2.0 Hard Driveas the case I currently have for an older drive Caselogic Small Hard Drive Case - Blackseemed a bit too big.

For this drive it fits but only just; the shape of the drive makes it a little longer than necessary, you need to pull the zip gently to get round one corner and the velcro strap only just meets (elastic would have been more useful here).

For this reason I have given only 4 Stars but that is only down to its compatibility with the drive mentioned, other than that it is as described - a hard case with a mesh pocket for a cable. I will be keeping it.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2016
This case is an excellent product. It is robust and good quality. It keeps your hard drive safe and has space for an USB cable also. The zip is good and I have had no problems with it, It doesn't stick or catch.

This is a great little case for carrying in a laptop bag or any bag in general. It is lightweight so very easy to carry around without being heavy to carry. It is very good value for money.

I would highly recommend this case. I hope this review was helpful.
on 26 September 2010
IOMAX EVA Hard Case for 2.5" Portable Hard Drive
I bought this item for my son's seagate portable hard-drive - did a bit of research first to make sure I was buying the correct one (2.5") - fits really snug with a velcro strap to hold the hard drive in place, with a little mesh pouch to store the cable and any extra peripherals, such as memory sticks or cards. Really neat and does the job perfectly. Excellent little item and reasonably priced too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 January 2015
I purchased this Bipra Protective EVA case for a Toshiba HDTB305EK3AA 500GB 2.5 inch Canvio Basics USB 3.0 External Hard Drive. This latter hard drive fits inside one half of the unzipped case without problems with regard to closure and fastening of the case.

The drive is held securely in place by two overlapping Velcro tabs. The adjacent half of the case has been covered with fine nylon-type mesh material to form a pocket. The drive's USB 3.0 interface cable would normally be placed in here. There's also enough room to store a memory stick etc. if you wish.

The mesh pocket seems quite delicate and could possibly be torn by the metal shell of the USB lead when storing or removing it. I place the USB lead in the plastic bag it was supplied in to help reduce tearing this mesh.

The case material is reasonable quality, as is the zip which closes both halves. This type of case is essential for transporting or storing a 2.5 inch external drive. It may help to cushion and protect the hard drive in the unfortunate event the case/drive was accidentally dropped !

Recommended purchase.
on 18 December 2013
Got this case for my Samsung M3 1TB Hard drive. Fits perfectly with a secure velcro strap inside. Net part for the cable as well. Case is pretty durable but is not designed for the hard drive to be connected while in the case as there's no hole. Excellent quality materials as to be expected. This case happily got my hard drive through a tour a Afghanistan.
on 17 February 2016
I'm very glad I bought this excellent little case for the backup disk which I bought. It is a perfect fit for the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive and keeps it protected from knocks or spillages. The case is well made and good value.
on 1 September 2013
I purchased a nice slimline Seagate Backup Plus USB 3.0, 2.5 Inch Portable Hard Drive and needed a case for it.
The drive itself being slimline needed a case to compliment this.

This case, although it is still deeper than the drive itself, it's still pretty slimline.
The zip is easy to open and close and doesn't get stuck like others I've had in the past.
The shell is fairly solid although is flexible enough that if you have it in your suit pocket it still has a bit of flexibility.

Inside the case, the drive can be removed instantly by undoing the adjustable Velcro strap.
The above mentioned drive fits 'perfectly' into the space inside and let's you leave the dock on the drive.
There is a pocket in the other side that I use for USB cables.
on 20 November 2010
Bought to help keep a portable HD safe while moving it around. It is suitably "robust" and looks like it will absorb knocks. There is a separate little compartment inside for the usb lead and the zip is sturdy. If you wanted extra protection, some thin foam could be used as extra padding inside the case, since there is little padding inside.

For the price, this has got to be a "must have" addition to any portable HD purchase. Saves losing the drive cable and gives it that extra little protection while being "portable"....