5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, intimate story of Button's amazing season
Brilliant! Diaries of a season are too often bland accounts, but Jenson's story of his championship winning season is intimate, insightful and a fascinating 'time-capsule' account of what has turned out to be a historic one-off year for a small independent team, Brawn GP, prior to its buy-out by Mercedes.

The opening section, detailing Jenson's dismay at...
Published on 24 Nov. 2009 by F1 Fanatic

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredible year for the driver and team...
..yet not that stunning to read about in this book. Written in a concise and pleasant style, but I really was hoping for more "nitty gritty" information.
Published on 25 Jan. 2011 by David J. Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: My Championship Year (Paperback)
This book gives a good insight into Jenson's year in which he won the F1 World Championship. It is interesting to see behind-the-scenes; and the story of how the season started with a question mark over the Honda/Brawn team would fold, only to go on and become constructor and driver champions, is one that will go down in F1 history. However, I don't think Jenson truly `let go' when writing (or rather being interviewed) for this book. I'd like to see a little deeper into his character and his emotions. Also, the text is split into sections; not only race by race, but with each race split into smaller sections dealing with issues like qualifying, technical analysis, strategy, race, post-race comments; and they often overlap. It makes for easy reading, but can get a little repetitive - we can be told three times that Jenson struggled in qualifying for a particular reason. Still, this is an interesting summary of the season, and not just for Jenson fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting insight into Jenson's championship year but not very in-depth, 16 Jan. 2014
J Finch (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Championship Year (Paperback)
I bought this book for my partner who lives and breathes F1. He said it was interesting as you did get a sense of what goes on behind the scenes but this wasn't very in-depth and not particularly personal to Jenson Button. The writing style is like a journalist taking down notes as Jenson is speaking but it doesn't flow particularly well and only scratches the surface of what really happened during this year and how Jenson felt about it. An OK and interesting read for F1 fans but don't expect any amazing insights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jenson book review, 30 Dec. 2009
Brian (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Championship Year (Hardcover)
A well written book ,very interesting guide to the true world of F1, without media hype and speculations, and how he became F1 World Champion.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow so that is what goes on, 23 Jan. 2010
E. Wingate - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Championship Year (Hardcover)
This was a really interesting book and gives you a good insight as to what they are thinking about and just what they have to think about while they are racing. The sort of book that a racing enthusiast would love and also those wondering what it is all about.
This is the quote that my husband gave me as the book was bought for him as a present for Christmas because everything in our house stops for the Grand Prix.

5.0 out of 5 stars light and lovely, 16 Aug. 2011
This review is from: My Championship Year (Hardcover)
So glad I finally bought this book, been following Jenson's success step by step and this book is a recollection of all those good and bad moments that made his championship year so memorable. Written in a very light, honest tone, you can almost hear Jenson speak...plus lots of insights into what is going on behind the scene and into these brave drivers' minds. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read with a very personal slant., 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: My Championship Year (Kindle Edition)
I am a racing fan and have been for 40+ years. This book combines technical detail with a very personal insight into a championship winning year. It also shows how a year is a very long time in F1. The year started on a low but ended like a true fairy tale finish.
Great read, I enjoyed every page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 25 April 2014
This review is from: My Championship Year (Kindle Edition)
This a great book and well deserved of 5 stars, the season itself had so many ups and downs you just couldn't make it up, and it was put down into words in a way so that all the technical aspects of Formula 1 racing could be understood by almost anyone. I wouldn't limit this book to just Jenson Button fans, not even Formula 1 fans, but anyone who enjoys motorsport, and a bit of drama, which go hand in hand most of the time!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite interesting easy read, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: My Championship Year (Kindle Edition)
A bit repetitive and nothing new revealed. It was good to read and remind myself of the events of that year in F1.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: My Championship Year (Kindle Edition)
really good book not to long winded entertaining and enjoyed the technical updates sections about the different races give it a go

5.0 out of 5 stars Rekindle the love of racing, 22 Nov. 2013
N. Randtoul "Dr Weird" (Crawley, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Championship Year (Kindle Edition)
As a Mclaren supporter 2013 has been a frustrating year - however reading this enabled me to put a lid on a frustrating season and look forward to the next. It brings home what racing passion is all about, that drivers hurt like fans do in defeat and celebrate victory. The emotion Jenson experienced and how he coped with the help of his family and friends is emotionally warming and revealing. I really loved the e-mail and texts JB received after each race, many brought tears to the eyes. Finally it shows that from the brink of failure a team and driver can emerge victorious.

My Championship Year